Apple iOS talk

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Got questions, comments, news or information to share about Apple iOS and related devices? This thread is for you.

Jahona

Very interesting results. Proof that code optimization is better than brute force power. I'm not disappointed in my Galaxy S5 but the iPhone 6 definitely peaks my interest.

Voxel

President of Progress City
iOS 8.01 coming soon - hopefully with a fix for that Safari file upload issue.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/23/ios-8-0-1-phone-keyboard-safari/
There is a new other bugs,

Another thing I learned from the iPhone 6 is that the drop mode for short reach advertised in the 6+ works on the 6.

Very interesting results. Proof that code optimization is better than brute force power. I'm not disappointed in my Galaxy S5 but the iPhone 6 definitely peaks my interest.
Code Optimization and the lack of a Java Machine. Droid needs the ram because of the JM. Is blessing for developers and but a curse at the same time.

lazyboy97o

Just installed iOS 8.0.2 on both of my devices.

Safari was crashing when I used some text expansion but that seems to have been fixed.

For those who may have downloaded but been unable to install iOS 8.0.1, you can delete that update in Settings - General - Usage - Storage - Manage Storage. The update for iOS 8.0.2 will not show until iOS 8.0.1 is deleted.

StarWarsGirl

Waiting for it to finish...some of my apps have been crashing since iOS 8 came out, so hopefully this will fix the problem.

I like the new "Hey Siri" feature. Now I plug my iPod in and when I crawl into bed, I tell her to set my alarm. Then, as I get ready, I ask her about the weather, missed notifications, etc., without having to carry around the iPod as I get dressed. Less distracting while I study too. If I have a quick question (ie What year did the London Chlorea outbreak happen?) I can just ask Siri and then move on, and not picking up the iPod makes me less likely to get distracted.

Also, it kind of makes me feel like I'm talking to the computer on Star Trek.:D

lazyboy97o

Waiting for it to finish...some of my apps have been crashing since iOS 8 came out, so hopefully this will fix the problem.

I like the new "Hey Siri" feature. Now I plug my iPod in and when I crawl into bed, I tell her to set my alarm. Then, as I get ready, I ask her about the weather, missed notifications, etc., without having to carry around the iPod as I get dressed. Less distracting while I study too. If I have a quick question (ie What year did the London Chlorea outbreak happen?) I can just ask Siri and then move on, and not picking up the iPod makes me less likely to get distracted.

Also, it kind of makes me feel like I'm talking to the computer on Star Trek.:D
I've also been impressed that "Hey, Siri" works in my car over the engine noise and radio.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Ahh, so that's why I'm having glittle, up id issues with the new iOS onmine.

They want me to get frustrated and give up, and buy a new one!

Since that's not going to happen...Ed anyone knows w to fix this? My keyboard is essentially locking my screen, and blocking the view of the textual, so I can't see what is being typed. It's more on Facebook than here, but still.

Also, it's no longer saving usernames or passwords no matter how many times I click the "keep me logged in" button...on here, Facebook, Amazon, photobucket, etc.

Help please. :( I've had nothing but issues since installing the new it's...including having to recover and restore the iPad because the download failed the first time! :(

lazyboy97o

Ahh, so that's why I'm having glittle, up id issues with the new iOS onmine.

They want me to get frustrated and give up, and buy a new one!

Since that's not going to happen...Ed anyone knows w to fix this? My keyboard is essentially locking my screen, and blocking the view of the textual, so I can't see what is being typed. It's more on Facebook than here, but still.

Also, it's no longer saving usernames or passwords no matter how many times I click the "keep me logged in" button...on here, Facebook, Amazon, photobucket, etc.

Help please. :( I've had nothing but issues since installing the new it's...including having to recover and restore the iPad because the download failed the first time! :(
Which iPad do you have? Are you running iOS 8.0 or iOS 8.0.2? do you have Keychain enabled?

I'm able to scroll this page while typing so I can just move it if the text box does happen to be blocked by the keyboard.

Soarin' Over Pgh

IPad mini, I think it's 8.0.2.... And no, not keychain, no idea what it is, but if it fixes the problem, I'll enable it, lol!

Will try right now and report back...

Edit, the text bar is still locked under the keyboard, no matter which way I try to orient the iPad.

Had to re-log in to both FB and this site... Will switch back and forth again and see if it holds.

This is so frustrating. I wish they would stop trying to "fix" things.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom