Apartments in Orlando

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Speck, I contacted those that you sent me last night for them to mail me information to my house. I have to call back one of them tomorrow as the aldy that left a voicemail wasn't there when I called. As of right now, I'm thinking CG at MetroWest will be best. I like the one that's around $750 or so. What more can you tell me about this property? I'm probably only going to live in it for 2 years until I move to Celebration and buy either a condo or a home to start with. Thanks again for everything you've done!

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
SweetMagic04 said:
Eeeeek, back to the drawing board....

Have you taken a look at any of the complexes that either myself or Speck have mentioned? They are all very nice and range anywhere from $600-$2000 or so. This seems to me like an excellent area and would be perfect.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
WDWScottieBoy said:
Have you taken a look at any of the complexes that either myself or Speck have mentioned? They are all very nice and range anywhere from $600-$2000 or so. This seems to me like an excellent area and would be perfect.
Yes I have, I like them very much, but some of them are too expensive for me. I have alot of other bills unfortunately. Also, I still think I would like to be farther south, down near Disney. I lived in Orlando once before and remember wishing I was located closer to the theme parks for lots of reasons. Metrowest is too close to downtown for me. I'm still looking though, and when I take the time to drive up there and look around again (it's been a few years since I've gone anywhere but the theme parks) that will help alot. I'll try to do that soon and maybe I can be of some help to you if you'd like me to check in on the places that you like too....

I have just one more place down by Disney that maybe someone knows about....it's called Tierre Vista....any feedback on that one? Thanks....

TURKEY

Next door to me.

It's ok I guess. It's an income restricted place. The smallest apts. are 2 BR. It's right next door to an Osceola Fire/Rescue station.

If you're looking this close to Disney, Alexan @ Legacy Dunes (my place and others on the board) is nice. Cagan Crossings (both sides) are also pretty nice.

TravisMT81

omg I have to agree with Speck those are in the GHETTO, I am scared to drive that way LOL!! Have you looked at Town and Country Twelve Oaks and Kirkman both are very nice and have 1 bedrooms for around 600. I looked at Colonial Grand and was very impressed with the staff and apartment unit, only thing it didn't have was a balcony which is so nice in Florida.

speck76

TravisMT81 said:
omg I have to agree with Speck those are in the GHETTO, I am scared to drive that way LOL!! Have you looked at Town and Country Twelve Oaks and Kirkman both are very nice and have 1 bedrooms for around 600. I looked at Colonial Grand and was very impressed with the staff and apartment unit, only thing it didn't have was a balcony which is so nice in Florida.

I missed the balcony.....most 1st floor units have a patio, but the second floor units either have a bay window, or a cove window, which fits a loveseat well. I really liked the community.

Town and Country....I have a friend that did live there, it is not bad, but not great......you don't have to worry about being killed there, but if you can afford better, you should seek better.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
speck76 said:
I missed the balcony.....most 1st floor units have a patio, but the second floor units either have a bay window, or a cove window, which fits a loveseat well. I really liked the community.

Speck, the floorplan I was looking at at CG at MetroWest shows a patio. Does that mean those are only on the first floor? Also, what about garages and/or parking? Is it all parking lot style or do some have garages? I'm thinking CG at MetroWest is the best for me and will be my choice. I'm almost 99% sure that's where I'm going and can't wait to go back to WDW and spend a day or two checking out this place and what's around it. Can you give me more information on this complex as you said you've lived there before, thanks!

Scott

togasports

Which campus at UCF? Main or Hospitality?
If you are studying at the hospitality campus, anywhere around WDW is pretty close also you dont have to deal with the East-West expressway :). My friend lived behind the back cast enterance Behind the Magic Kingdom and Near Disney U. He said it was pretty cheep, and an easy commute to school.
It was nice also b/c he saw Wishes every night from his living room.

Atta83

togasports said:
My friend lived behind the back cast enterance Behind the Magic Kingdom and Near Disney U. He said it was pretty cheep, and an easy commute to school.
It was nice also b/c he saw Wishes every night from his living room.

Yes, though seeing wishes every night is nice, it can though be distracting when you want to sleep or are watching TV.

These apartments are also rent controlled.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Speck, I'm sorry to be asking so much of you, but can you tell me what's included in their apartments. I can't tell from their brochures, but are all appliances in there? I'm worried about a fridge because it doesn't appear to be one in there, but why would they do that? I'm looking at floorplans 1A and 1B (Colonial Grand at MetroWest). I should be going down sometime soon with my mother and/or my whole family to check the place out. One thing, she told me today if we go down over Christmas break, we can't go to WDW because of the crowds...I'm speechless, if I'm in FL, let alone Orlando, I AM GOING TO WDW! Alright sorry for the OT, but any and all help on these two floorplans and the whole apartment complex would be of great help. Thanks a lot to all!

Scott

speck76

WDWScottieBoy said:
Speck, I'm sorry to be asking so much of you, but can you tell me what's included in their apartments. I can't tell from their brochures, but are all appliances in there? I'm worried about a fridge because it doesn't appear to be one in there, but why would they do that? I'm looking at floorplans 1A and 1B (Colonial Grand at MetroWest). I should be going down sometime soon with my mother and/or my whole family to check the place out. One thing, she told me today if we go down over Christmas break, we can't go to WDW because of the crowds...I'm speechless, if I'm in FL, let alone Orlando, I AM GOING TO WDW! Alright sorry for the OT, but any and all help on these two floorplans and the whole apartment complex would be of great help. Thanks a lot to all!

Scott

I have never heard of any apartments not including all appliances, except some do not include a washer/dryer, but you can rent a set for around $30 per month.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
speck76 said:
I have never heard of any apartments not including all appliances, except some do not include a washer/dryer, but you can rent a set for around $30 per month.

WOW, I wasn't expect a response that fast. So you're sure that they do have a fridge? I know they don't have a washer/dryer and I'm just going to buy one. I'll need them at some time or another, might as well get them now. I can't wait to see this place, can you tell me more about it?

speck76

WDWScottieBoy said:
WOW, I wasn't expect a response that fast. So you're sure that they do have a fridge? I know they don't have a washer/dryer and I'm just going to buy one. I'll need them at some time or another, might as well get them now. I can't wait to see this place, can you tell me more about it?

They had fridges when I lived there.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Alright thanks, my parents were worried about that I'd have to buy one. Was the place nice (upkeeping), good area of town, friendly people, easy to get around (shopping close by), etc. I'm going to be at the Rosen School of Hospitality Management which from what I understand is like 10 minutes away (?) and WDW is about 10 minutes away too? I just want more information on this so I know I'm choosing the right place (since I'm only 18 but will be 19 when I move there next Fall). Also before I forget, is it hard to get a place there or is there usually openings?

speck76

WDWScottieBoy said:
Alright thanks, my parents were worried about that I'd have to buy one. Was the place nice (upkeeping), good area of town, friendly people, easy to get around (shopping close by), etc. I'm going to be at the Rosen School of Hospitality Management which from what I understand is like 10 minutes away (?) and WDW is about 10 minutes away too? I just want more information on this so I know I'm choosing the right place (since I'm only 18 but will be 19 when I move there next Fall). Also before I forget, is it hard to get a place there or is there usually openings?

It is in Metrowest, which is a nice area, but as with all of Orlando, bad areas are never too far away.

A Winn Dixie is within walking distance, and a Publix is about 1 mile away

Figure about 15 minutes for the Rosen School, and 20 for WDW....traffic sucks.

The place is well kept.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
speck76 said:
It is in Metrowest, which is a nice area, but as with all of Orlando, bad areas are never too far away.

A Winn Dixie is within walking distance, and a Publix is about 1 mile away

Figure about 15 minutes for the Rosen School, and 20 for WDW....traffic sucks.

The place is well kept.

Awesome, thanks again for everything Speck. I tried giving you rep for all your help but it says I need to spread it around. I guess all I've got left is to go to Orlando, pick which floor plan I want and sign the papers. You've been of great help and if I need further help on this, I know who to go to.

Thanks...to one of the greatest helpers on here! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom