Apartments in Orlando

Gail Hayden

TURKEY said:
I'm actually at Legacy Dunes. It's nice. It's set back off 192 and is gated. Noise isn't much of a problem. The biggest problem I've had with the place is that there is only one dumpster area on the road in/out of the complex which can easily overfill.

Depending on time of day, traffic can take a bit, but cutting in by AKL cuts of major time if trying to get to I-4.

Brand new Wal-Mart just opened up about 5 miles from here, nice Publix about the same distance as well.
Thanks Turkey, it is nice to get the "skinny" from you and Speck. Much appreciated.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
I emailed a real estate company last night to see if they can help me out with a place in Celebration. I'm really hoping somethings comes up there as it's been a dream of mine to live there ever since I heard they were building it. If nothing works there, I know I've still got a backup place!

mom2of2

I was just at the Alexan on Thursday and what a beautiful complex!! It's honestly set up like a resort!! I was really happy with everything that I saw but when I asked if there were a lot of families there the person giving me the tour said that she couldn't answer that due to privacy issues. I told her that I had kids so it wouldn't be a bad thing at all but she stuck to her guns. Are there a lot of families there? I will have one child in CHS and one in Reedy Creek Elementary.
We also took a tour of CHS on Saturday and I was extremely impressed with the school as well. Makes me "almost" wish I was in high school again.

Gail Hayden

mom2of2 said:
I was just at the Alexan on Thursday and what a beautiful complex!! It's honestly set up like a resort!! I was really happy with everything that I saw but when I asked if there were a lot of families there the person giving me the tour said that she couldn't answer that due to privacy issues. I told her that I had kids so it wouldn't be a bad thing at all but she stuck to her guns. Are there a lot of families there? I will have one child in CHS and one in Reedy Creek Elementary.
We also took a tour of CHS on Saturday and I was extremely impressed with the school as well. Makes me "almost" wish I was in high school again.
When I spoke with them on the phone they told me there were many families there and they were spread out through the complex.

Thanks for the positive comment on this complex, btw. I do appreciate them.
It is one of my top picks.

The alexan has quite a few families here, a few members of these boards event live at the Alexan. the only thing I will say is the gated community is a load of BS, it takes one little storm and they are out for a week. Also last winter one of them closed on my car, however the alexan MAIT was out there in 5 mins (this happend at 2:30am) and had opened the gate the next morn the office was calling me about payment for my damage. They just asked if it happens again I get a police report, I guess it makes there life easier.

although it does seem like the west side gates work better then the east side.

TURKEY

10 min. to wdw said:
The alexan has quite a few families here, a few members of these boards event live at the Alexan. the only thing I will say is the gated community is a load of BS, it takes one little storm and they are out for a week. Also last winter one of them closed on my car, however the alexan MAIT was out there in 5 mins (this happend at 2:30am) and had opened the gate the next morn the office was calling me about payment for my damage. They just asked if it happens again I get a police report, I guess it makes there life easier.

although it does seem like the west side gates work better then the east side.
Yes they do.

Of course there are idiots that drive in through the exit gate as it tries to close while one of the entry gates is broken.

mom2of2

Did you have to wait long for an apt? I'm going to get on the list in April/late May for move in late June/July. I hope there is availability when I need it. I also stopped at a complex next door but the office was closed, seems they recently changed their Sunday hours.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
mom2of2 said:
Did you have to wait long for an apt? I'm going to get on the list in April/late May for move in late June/July. I hope there is availability when I need it. I also stopped at a complex next door but the office was closed, seems they recently changed their Sunday hours.

I'm going down next week (Dec 1-4) to go apartment hunting and meet with my counselor at my college there. I'm moving in June/July as well to get my residency for my senior year in college. I'm going to ask about availibility, but after just asking someone it changes month to month as some resign their lease and others come and move in.

I'm planning on driving through MetroWest to get a grip of the place and the roads, but only plan on seeing Middlebrook Farms near Millenia Mall and Gables North Village in Celebration. I'll post an update of my findings when I get back!

Gail Hayden

mom2of2 said:
Are you doing a job search also? If so, do you have any tips?
TIA.

mom2of2

Are you doing a job search also? If so, do you have any tips?

No Gail, my hubby is transferring his Union book to the local in Tampa so he's all set. We just made new ressies for 3/31-4/3 for him to see the Lexan and to meet with the Union reps.
As for me, I don't know if I want to work full or part time right away or if I want to wait until the kids are established in school and we have our living situation all taken care of. The "plan" is to sell here in NJ, rent an apt in FL for a while and scope out housing eventually buying.

WDWScottieBoy said:
I'm going down next week (Dec 1-4) to go apartment hunting and meet with my counselor at my college there. I'm moving in June/July as well to get my residency for my senior year in college. I'm going to ask about availibility, but after just asking someone it changes month to month as some resign their lease and others come and move in.

I'm planning on driving through MetroWest to get a grip of the place and the roads, but only plan on seeing Middlebrook Farms near Millenia Mall and Gables North Village in Celebration. I'll post an update of my findings when I get back!

Housing is getting tighter and tighter everyday down here, when I moved down here they had someone moving out of my apt 4 days before I wanted to arrive, so I did not have to wait and every time I changed my mind on what kind of 1 bedroom I wanted they found me one that would be open when I was going to arrive.

As for Metrowest They have recently been having a number of violent crimes up there, it started as armed robberies at atms, then they cought the people doing that, now its armed robberies of APTs. I haven't heard if they cought anyone for that yet. I just prefer to stay out of that area the traffic is heavy, and people up there seem to treat Kirkman RD like a race track.

Gail Hayden

mom2of2 said:
No Gail, my hubby is transferring his Union book to the local in Tampa so he's all set. We just made new ressies for 3/31-4/3 for him to see the Lexan and to meet with the Union reps.
As for me, I don't know if I want to work full or part time right away or if I want to wait until the kids are established in school and we have our living situation all taken care of. The "plan" is to sell here in NJ, rent an apt in FL for a while and scope out housing eventually buying.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. And I do envy you. :)

JoeyJoe

This is all so insane to me. 700 bucks and you get a bedroom??? I am living in Manhattan and paying 2k for a nice studio.

I think i need to get going to orlando, these prices in orlando are so crazy to me!!!!

mom2of2

JoeyJoe said:
This is all so insane to me. 700 bucks and you get a bedroom??? I am living in Manhattan and paying 2k for a nice studio.

I think i need to get going to orlando, these prices in orlando are so crazy to me!!!!

It is nuts isn't it?? I saw on 34747.com that they had a 2 bd 2 bath at Blossom Park Villas for $750. That's right across the street from Celebration. The web site has floor plans and they seem pretty nice. Prices to buy weren't bad either $90's for a 2bd 2bth. These are condos.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
mom2of2 said:
It is nuts isn't it?? I saw on 34747.com that they had a 2 bd 2 bath at Blossom Park Villas for $750. That's right across the street from Celebration. The web site has floor plans and they seem pretty nice. Prices to buy weren't bad either $90's for a 2bd 2bth. These are condos.
Blossom Park Villas....would those happen to be on Parkway Boulevard?

Disneydreaming

I just started reading this thread today and I have a question. Do any of these places accept pets? I have a daughter that is seriously considering attending FIT in Melbourne, and I would be interested in moving to Orlando to be closer to her. Or would a small house be better to rent until I can figure out where I want to buy? Regardless, I have pets and I would need to find a pet friendly place.

mom2of2

Sure they do. All the ones that I went to (read A LOT) allowed pets. All had pet deposits with 0-50 lbs one price and 50-100 another. Some do not allow certain breeds though, rottie, pit, dobie, sheperd. I forget excatly what the deposits were, mostly $250 range for the little and $500 for the large.

Disneydreaming

mom2of2 said:
Sure they do. All the ones that I went to (read A LOT) allowed pets. All had pet deposits with 0-50 lbs one price and 50-100 another. Some do not allow certain breeds though, rottie, pit, dobie, sheperd. I forget excatly what the deposits were, mostly $250 range for the little and $500 for the large.
And multiple pets were okay? I have cats and a Maltese dog (little bitty white fluff ball).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom