AP Voucher Question

youngatheart21

I just changed my reservation from the Disney Visa to the AP rate (saved about $100) but I just realized something.

I don't have an AP right now but I am planning to get one since I will be staying for 9 nights. I know that when you purchase an AP you get a voucher that you exchange for the actual AP. My problem is that I might be arriving late since I am taking the Amtrak from Miami to Orlando - trains tend to delay. I might not have enough time to exchange my voucher (depending on how late the parks close).

Will the front desk make a big deal if I only have the voucher instead of the actual AP? I thought about staying off-site for that 1st night but I am not sure. Any suggestions?

Chris

I can tell you that they will ask for it. You could try showing them your voucher. Another solution is the Guest Relations office at Downtown Disney. You can exchange it there and they are open late. If all else fails, tell them they are in your luggage and Amtrak lost your bag.:lol:

2 Days 19 Hours 23 Minutes 27 Seconds

Upvote 0

roysta123

I don't know if the hotel will let you check in with an AP voucher. You could just play it safe by using the visa discount for the first night then the AP discount for the rest of the trip. Or you could call the front desk at the hotel and ask them about it.

Upvote 0

Ergens2

According to most info I have found, the resorts will usually let you check in with the voucher. just make sure you have your reciept. This will show the AP is paid for. Most resorts will not give you a hard time. You may just need to check back with them once you activate it. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

If you show them you have a current voucher and receipt to go along with it then there shouldn't be a problem. They know that if you have the voucher you are going to use it.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

The voucher proves that you did, indeed, pay for an AP. I don't think the front desk will give you a hard time about not seeing the actual pass immediately upon check-in. You could explain that you purchased the AP specifically for this trip, and will be trading the voucher for the actual pass ASAP. They may very well insist on seeing the pass before you check out, but I would NOT worry about this.

Have a good time!:)

Upvote 0

frazierle

When checking into the All Star Music last November I checked in with just the voucher. I told them I had not made it to the parks yet and they said no problem. This isn't the policy as I had read it (AP's need to activated) but they seem to work with you.

Upvote 0

youngatheart21

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I have never had an AP so I am really stressing here. I think I will be buying three APs so I'll make sure I have my receipt at check in.

I thought about using someone's suggestion on this post, to switch my first night to a Disney Visa rate but how does that work? Do I check out and then check in once again with the AP rate? Do I keep the same room?

This is only my second time at WDW so I am pretty clueless regarding issues like this. Any information will be extremely helpful.

Thanks

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

In most cases I havent even been asked to see my AP at all!!!!! I think you should be fine, but if you were thinking of doing the one night at the Visa discount and the rest of the time at AP, yes you will have to check in twice ( a bit of a pain) and you probably wont have to switch rooms but that isnt guaranteed either!!!! I say go for it!!! Bring your vouchers and receipt along just in case though!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Woody13

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
In most cases I havent even been asked to see my AP at all!!!!!

I've had the same experience. I always book the AP rate and have never been asked to show my AP. However, I always have it handy, just in case.:wave:

Upvote 0

Geordi

Contrary to the hard-edged appearance of the unwanted CEO, most cast members will work with you so you fully enjoy your vacation. You should be just fine checking in with the voucher, and they might ask to see the actual pass when you get it. Since you are buying three APs tho... I wouldn't stress over it.

THANKS FOR RIDING AMTRAK!!!!

I'm a big fan of AMTRAK, but sadly their rates are usually too high for me to consider anything other than the Auto Train in the off-season.

Hi Belle, what's new in your neck of the Hundred Acre Woods (tm)?:wave:

--Jim

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there!!! I havent seen you on the boards in like forever!!!! How's things?? I am doing good. Nice and quiet up here in the Hundred Acre Wood thanks yourself?? How's the family doing?? Belle

Upvote 0

Nansafan

To echo what has already been said, we had AP vouchers summer of 2002, driving down from Chicago. Check-in was no problem. We then walked to the TTA to redeem voucher for FP

Upvote 0

Geordi

Not much happening here, I'm finally about to graduate with a Tech Theatre degree, and we went to the meeting last week to watch Mikey grovel for his job. 5 hours of brutal meeting later... No free tickets! :mad:

Eisner sucks. But for entertainment, read this week's Newsweek, the one with a scowling Martha on the cover. See the article about Roy and savedisney.com and look at the headlining pic. See anyone that looks familiar? :D (She's gonna hate that thousands of Disney fans will see that pic)

I know I haven't been on here in a loooong while, but I've been busy trying to
get an edumakashun. That's a lot of hard work! :p

Enough thread-hijacking, now back to the regularly scheduled passholder questions. :lol:

--Jim

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well I am glad to hear that it hasn't been a huge problem for most. Everyone in our group of 12 will have ap's but unfortunately to get the best airfare we arriving very late on a Friday night. I am guesstamating that it will be about 11pm when we finally reach our rooms, unless a better rate on airfare comes along.

Upvote 0

youngatheart21

Original Poster
Less Worried

Thanks Everyone!!! I am a little bit at ease now. I am not going to stress over this. If I get there early, I'll exchange my voucher for the activated AP. I'll be staying at the Poly so it's only a monorail away. If I get there late and unable to exchange my voucher and front desk gets fiesty with me, I'll take my $1900 elsewhere ( I doubt they would let me to do this). I am not worried at all. Thanks again.

December 2005 - Christmas Cruise
June 2004- Polynesian Resort
June 2004 - Loews Miami Beach
June 2004 - Universal Portofino Bay
May 2003 - Grand Californian Hotel
Dec. 2003 - Grand Californian Hotel
June 2003 - Polynesian Resort (1st WDW trip)

Upvote 0

s25843

Re: Less Worried

Originally posted by youngatheart21
Thanks Everyone!!! I am a little bit at ease now. I am not going to stress over this. If I get there early, I'll exchange my voucher for the activated AP. I'll be staying at the Poly so it's only a monorail away. If I get there late and unable to exchange my voucher and front desk gets fiesty with me, I'll take my $1900 elsewhere ( I doubt they would let me to do this). I am not worried at all. Thanks again.

December 2005 - Christmas Cruise
June 2004- Polynesian Resort
June 2004 - Loews Miami Beach
June 2004 - Universal Portofino Bay
May 2003 - Grand Californian Hotel
Dec. 2003 - Grand Californian Hotel
June 2003 - Polynesian Resort (1st WDW trip)

Hi,
Just curious, who are you using for transportation between Amtrak and Disney? I usually use Tiffany Towncar

Thanks!

Upvote 0

youngatheart21

Original Poster
Not sure yet!!

We are going on a 2 week Florida adventure so I am going to depend on reliable and CHEAP transportation. I will be taking a flight from Los Angeles to Orlando. So I need transportation from the airport to Universal Orlando, from Universal to Amtrak station, from Miami Amtrak to Miami Beach, Miami Beach to Miami Amtrak, Orlando Amtrak to the Poly, and finally from Poly to the Airport. (Did I confuse anyone? - pretty expensive - huh)

I am afraid to even call to get a quote but I hope to get a good rate with all that moving around I am going to do. I'll call Tiffany and get a quote. I used them last year. They were pretty good except that on our return to the airport we got a driver that was so anti-disney. We weren't in the mood to hear any negatives since we just spent $5000 on our dream vacation. The driver really spoiled it for us on our last day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom