AP Simba magnets all gone at AK

Fin1018

Even though it was suppose to be until September 5th, my family and I went on Saturday and they scanned our magicbands and told us they will mail them out to us.

We like to get them mostly because my 2 year old likes seeing them on the car. We make a weekend trip out of it and drive up the parks. It's not like we only go for the magnets. Since becoming an AP holder the only special magnet we didn't bother going for was Figment.

SoFloMagic

Let me rephrase I guess. I'm surprised that people care enough about them to make a special trip. Some people were even considering a trip just to get one when Dorian was projected to slam into Orlando.
CM at AK told me that one family said they flew here just for the magnet (and of course yelled at her when they were out). There's more to the story I'm sure, but that's just nuts

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Being a former airline employee, flying in to MCO for an AP magnet may not really cost someone anything but time, a few meals, and a night in a hotel room. And if you're DVC, there's potentially no cost for your room as well.

Schema

This thread reminds me of a time when we went to WDW during the holidays and they had special Vinylmations in three of the parks. We got the Holidays Around the World Vinylmation from Epcot and the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights Vinylmation from DHS, but we could not find the MVMCP Toy Soldier in any store during the party. It drove us crazy.

TimeTrip

Original Poster
Even better, they sent us the Simba magnets, even though we didn't sign up after they ran out. Guess they checked AP admissions for the day they ran out!
ETA: sign ups weren't available til the day after they ran out AFAIK
IMG_20190930_213933.jpg

Gillyanne

Even better, they sent us the Simba magnets, even though we didn't sign up after they ran out. Guess they checked AP admissions for the day they ran out!
ETA: sign ups weren't available til the day after they ran out AFAIK

Dang, once I saw they were out, I stopped coming to the boards while on my trip (so I never saw they were there) and opted against AK this trip b/c I'll be back down in Nov/Dec (and the kids were something else this past trip). Now I wish I hadn't skipped AK and maybe they would've sent me one too

SteamboatJoe

Other than being a complete poser, why would anyone who is not an AP want something that clearly says passholder on it? Same with the DVC merchandise.

The only Disney stuff I but on eBay are parks exclusive merch available to the general public or discontinued merch I regret not buying during my trip. The mark-ups are outrageous but it's cheaper than airfare, a hotel, and admission tickets.

dreamfinder

Other than being a complete poser, why would anyone who is not an AP want something that clearly says passholder on it? Same with the DVC merchandise.

It's merch that while available for any AP to get, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is reasonably possible for an AP holder to get it. So someone who wasn't able to make it down for a trip over the 5 days this was available, they may want it. AP who has multiple cars and wants one magnet on each. AP holder who had the magnet fall off their car, or stolen by people doing stupid things. AP holder who get an AP bi-annually, but make it work for all their trips so weren't eligible for a certain magnet. People who collect a certain character, regardless of what type of merchandise it is want it. Etc, etc, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom