AP Refund Watch

mgf

Original Poster
My third refund check FINALLY mailed on Dec 3 according to Disney's system. It isn't here of course, but it was mailed and the address was correct.

Still hasn't arrived. Called back. Disney says the Dec 3 date corresponds to when the check was issued and readied for mail. Not the date it actually mailed. They suggested postal delays could be to blame. Really? A 28 day postal delay?

Tried to get it reissued. They said to keep waiting.

Honestly the execution on the refunds is has been ridiculous. It is getting pretty maddening. (BUT of course all the CMs have been very polite and as helpful as they are able to be.)

ImperfectPixie

Still hasn't arrived. Called back. Disney says the Dec 3 date corresponds to when the check was issued and readied for mail. Not the date it actually mailed. They suggested postal delays could be to blame. Really? A 28 day postal delay?

Honestly the execution on the refunds is has been ridiculous. It is getting pretty maddening. (BUT of course all the CMs have been very polite and as helpful as they are able to be.)
My husband just received a 2-month-old bank statement today. We're still waiting on a package that was ordered on December 14th...the postal delays are absolutely horrendous.

Disney Dad 3000

Sounds about like my experiences. Spent several hours on the phone in July to request the refund instead of the extension that would take us from July to Dec. Refund never received so called back for several more hours over 2 calls in early November. For some reason they couldn't refund to my card, so had to mail me a check that would take 4-6 weeks. Still nada. Guess I will waste a few more hours this week on the phone. I'm assuming it's not been issued as we still have the option of renewing our passes online and the expiration date has not reverted back to July.

mgf

Original Poster
My husband just received a 2-month-old bank statement today. We're still waiting on a package that was ordered on December 14th...the postal delays are absolutely horrendous.

Certainly could be a mail delay, but perhaps they should not just toss $1k+ checks out into the wild with literally no ability to track it. I know it will eventually sort itself out. I have just been on the phone and/or chat with them about 5-7 times at this point.

ImperfectPixie

Certainly could be a mail delay, but perhaps they should not just toss $1k+ checks out into the wild with literally no ability to track it. I know it will eventually sort itself out. I have just been on the phone and/or chat with them about 5-7 times at this point.
I agree 100%.

I actually just had to replace a shipment to a customer because the package looked like someone purposely dropped a barbell on it...3 out of 4 ceramic mugs not just broken...they were smashed...and they were packed in such a fashion that rigorous shaking didn't move them at all.

So I really think we're not only dealing with ridiculous and accidental delays...but also purposeful damage/delays.

Disney Dad 3000

Sounds about like my experiences. Spent several hours on the phone in July to request the refund instead of the extension that would take us from July to Dec. Refund never received so called back for several more hours over 2 calls in early November. For some reason they couldn't refund to my card, so had to mail me a check that would take 4-6 weeks. Still nada. Guess I will waste a few more hours this week on the phone. I'm assuming it's not been issued as we still have the option of renewing our passes online and the expiration date has not reverted back to July.

Well, wonders never cease. 3 checks came today dated 12/29, so took about 8 weeks from the last phone call.
Interesting that our passes on MDE still show expiration of 12/13 instead of July. It will let me renew too, though only a platinum pass and not the dvc gold pass we had prior.

IMDREW

I dont know if anyone cares, but i found this very interesting; in my case, i “refunded” my annual pass but left the money with disney. I didnt get to visit for even one day on that pass. They promised me back then that I could get a new pass for the renewal rate whenever i’ll be able to visit in the future.

I contacted disney this week and now found out i can get my new pass any time, even if annual passes arent for sale when I visit. Very happy about that, who knows when disney will sell passes again! Also, until i renew, my pass will keep showing up in MDE.

kgoose23

I spent 2 hours on the phone while they researched a refund for my wife's cancelled pass last Monday. They said they could see all my calls and notes on the account and weren't sure why I hadn't received the check yet. They assured me that they have asked for the payment to be expedited, so we will see how long it takes...if it even gets sent this time. I am pretty patient with all this and understand this is uncharted territory but good grief this is taking a long time. For reference, my last call prior to that was in late October when I was promised that my case was escalated and a check should be mailed soon. If you are also still waiting make sure you continue to stay on them I guess.

mgf

Original Poster
I spent 2 hours on the phone while they researched a refund for my wife's cancelled pass last Monday. They said they could see all my calls and notes on the account and weren't sure why I hadn't received the check yet. They assured me that they have asked for the payment to be expedited, so we will see how long it takes...if it even gets sent this time. I am pretty patient with all this and understand this is uncharted territory but good grief this is taking a long time. For reference, my last call prior to that was in late October when I was promised that my case was escalated and a check should be mailed soon. If you are also still waiting make sure you continue to stay on them I guess.

Thanks for this! I am also missing a refund that was allegedly mailed. I need to call them back.

Underdog

I dont know if anyone cares, but i found this very interesting; in my case, i “refunded” my annual pass but left the money with disney. I didnt get to visit for even one day on that pass. They promised me back then that I could get a new pass for the renewal rate whenever i’ll be able to visit in the future.

I contacted disney this week and now found out i can get my new pass any time, even if annual passes arent for sale when I visit. Very happy about that, who knows when disney will sell passes again! Also, until i renew, my pass will keep showing up in MDE.
I know someone who cancelled their pass last year but was on-site a couple of weeks ago and allowed to purchase a new ap. They are not local to Florida but they are a DVC owner.

mgf

Original Poster
So some more info from my call yesterday: *they literally have no way to track this process at all*

After the AP team sends the request for refund to the finance department -- that is it. They have no more access to information. They have no idea when it will mail or if it has mailed. They can only see the refund request was submitted. I asked about reissuing the check but for some reason they could only do that if they mail to a different address. I said no and that I would give to the end of the month (now that I know the check was not necessarily mailed on Dec 3 but perhaps just sent to finance that would give them the full publicly stated 6-8 weeks) then would call back and expect to be escalated.

The CM was very helpful. She asked to put me on hold to gather some information. She first asked "her team" if they could proactively monitor my case so that I would not have to call back --- no, they have no way to flag it. Then she wrote notes for the next CM to automatically escalate my next call with the specific information that CM would need to get me to the right spot.

Saga continues....

olie64

after my last call in mid December mine finally showed up Jan 3 or 4th

TikibirdLand

So some more info from my call yesterday: *they literally have no way to track this process at all*

After the AP team sends the request for refund to the finance department -- that is it. They have no more access to information. They have no idea when it will mail or if it has mailed. They can only see the refund request was submitted. I asked about reissuing the check but for some reason they could only do that if they mail to a different address. I said no and that I would give to the end of the month (now that I know the check was not necessarily mailed on Dec 3 but perhaps just sent to finance that would give them the full publicly stated 6-8 weeks) then would call back and expect to be escalated.

The CM was very helpful. She asked to put me on hold to gather some information. She first asked "her team" if they could proactively monitor my case so that I would not have to call back --- no, they have no way to flag it. Then she wrote notes for the next CM to automatically escalate my next call with the specific information that CM would need to get me to the right spot.

Saga continues....
Y'all have the patience of Job. I'd be furious.

Hcalvert

It is interesting how they deal with different people. I had a complex situation--I paid for my original annual passes by upgrading tickets in a free dining package and paid the rest of the balance using Disney gift cards and reward dollars. I had no record of which ones I used and the Disney Rewards account was closed by then for a better credit card deal. I requested my refund in May 2020 and did not get it until October, but that was due to me calling every month. They told me it would be easier and quicker for them to issue a $1150 credit to one of my credit cards rather than send me replacement gift cards or a check. I jumped on that and I got the credit within days. They said I could have also applied my credit to renewal passes, but by then, I had already renewed as they would have expired in July. I have three Platinum APs if that makes a difference.

mgf

Original Poster
It is interesting how they deal with different people. I had a complex situation--I paid for my original annual passes by upgrading tickets in a free dining package and paid the rest of the balance using Disney gift cards and reward dollars. I had no record of which ones I used and the Disney Rewards account was closed by then for a better credit card deal. I requested my refund in May 2020 and did not get it until October, but that was due to me calling every month. They told me it would be easier and quicker for them to issue a $1150 credit to one of my credit cards rather than send me replacement gift cards or a check. I jumped on that and I got the credit within days. They said I could have also applied my credit to renewal passes, but by then, I had already renewed as they would have expired in July. I have three Platinum APs if that makes a difference.
Two of my three went back on my CC. The third got referred to the check process. They have never offered to try the credit card again. I may push for that when I call back next.

mgf

Original Poster
After months of calls and hours on the phone, today my very persistent CM finally figured out Disney botched the mail merge on my address and sent it to my house number and street but to a different town and zip. They are re-issuing the check and have escalated it to the finance department.

My mailing address was verified multiple times on every call, and I get plenty of other Disney mail at my address. The old address that got mixed in was almost 11 years stale. Craziness.

NearTheEars

I know someone who cancelled their pass last year but was on-site a couple of weeks ago and allowed to purchase a new ap. They are not local to Florida but they are a DVC owner.

Trying to use the search function for info and landed here in this thread. We let our Florida resident APs expire in August (First time not having an AP since 2012). Now we are considering returning to the parks and saw some folks had luck calling and still being able buy new. I called yesterday and they said there was a chance, but no guarantee and we were put on a list for a call back in 7 days. Did anyone else have this experience?

kgoose23

UPDATE: Called in today since it has been 4 weeks since my last call when our refund was "expedited". Wasn't on hold nearly as long, only about a half hour this time while they looked into it. End result is my check will be coming, but they have no way of telling me when. Excellent service!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom