AP Question

olie64

Original Poster
My wife and I are coming in June, Thinking about updating to AP so we can go in March over our spring break can we roll the price of our tickets over now or do we have to wait till our trip in june to try and do so?

olie64

Original Poster
How much will roll over for the AP if we wait to buy it after we have been in a day? We have 7 day With park hopper. Also if we update annual passes would it effect our reservation we already have or can we wait to activate them till the last day?

dreamfinder

It depends on where you bought the ticket from. If you bought it from a reseller, you should have paid less than gate price. (Otherwise why use a reseller?) Using it to enter the park once locks the value of the ticket at the current gate price. You would then need to go ask guest services to "bridge" the ticket. They should this automatically, but some CMs don't. Bridging the ticket means they will apply that current gate price towards the cost of your upgraded ticket. If they don't bridge it properly, or you don't use it to enter the park at least once before doing the upgrade, you will only be credited what the reseller paid WDW for the ticket. This means you would be credited less than you actually paid for it. In some instances, buying the ticket direct from WDW or as part of a package won't entitle you to bridging (I can never remember if it is tickets from a package or ones bought from WDW direct).

I believe a 7day hopper is currently $467.54. So say you want to upgrade to a Platinum pass at $797.69. Using that ticket at least once means it should now have a value of $467.54, so applying it towards the upgrade means you should have to pay an additional $300.15 per person. If you bought it from a reseller and say paid $450 for that ticket, you would save $17.54 on the cost of the AP. But if you bought it from a reseller and didn't use it once before upgrading, WDW might only credit you $425 (making up a number here) as that is what they charged the reseller.

dreamfinder

The AP should expire the day you first used your hopper ticket. It's a manual process, so you may luck out and get a later date, but it is unlikely. So there is no benefit to waiting until later in the trip, and if anything it costs to wait as you can't get any discounts you are eligible for. The upgrade has no affect on your reservation. As far as the system is concerned if you have valid admission, you can get in the parks, use your FP+, etc.

olie64

Original Poster
Thank you. We are going to look into this, mainly because we will be back in Florida most likey in the spring so we could swing in a make a 3 day trip. But also we leave the day before soarin opens back up so if we get AP with just stay of sight go ride soarin then head home. so I guess that could saves us 200 right of the bat.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom