AP Question

sbkline

We're going to WDW in about 5 weeks, and I already have my room and ticket package with dining prepaid, so this AP question is pertaining to future trips. We always go in April and I have been planning on booking our next two April trips (2012 and 2013) such that one AP can be used for both trips. From other questions I have asked, I have been told that if I preorder the annual pass now, I would not actually get the AP itself, but rather, a voucher which I then redeem for the AP when I get there, and that the voucher is good forever, until I redeem it. First of all, is that correct information?

Secondly, the real question that I have is this: if I don't actually get the AP itself until I arrive and redeem the voucher, can I still book the room using an AP discount, using that voucher? Or do I have to have the AP in hand in order to take advantage of any AP discount that might come out?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We're going to WDW in about 5 weeks, and I already have my room and ticket package with dining prepaid, so this AP question is pertaining to future trips. We always go in April and I have been planning on booking our next two April trips (2012 and 2013) such that one AP can be used for both trips. From other questions I have asked, I have been told that if I preorder the annual pass now, I would not actually get the AP itself, but rather, a voucher which I then redeem for the AP when I get there, and that the voucher is good forever, until I redeem it. First of all, is that correct information?

Secondly, the real question that I have is this: if I don't actually get the AP itself until I arrive and redeem the voucher, can I still book the room using an AP discount, using that voucher? Or do I have to have the AP in hand in order to take advantage of any AP discount that might come out?
Yes to both questions.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yes that is all correct.

With the room, you can book it, and typically, they wont ask to see your AP at check in. However, if they do, you can present the voucher, or if you are really concerned, head to a park before you check in and activate your pass.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
You doubted me? :(

:animwink:

No, I didn't doubt you, but I forgot to ask you that question before about getting an AP discount without actually having the AP, so since I was asking it here, I thought I would just double check. I didn't mean to insult your AP expertise. :p:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
No sense starting a new thread for this one question, so I dug this one up. Since I have never purchased APs before now, I was wondering when to expect any AP discounts to be available for April? I know the most recent free dining promotion goes all the way up through the end of March, so I would assume that April would be in the next batch of discounts to be released. Just trying to remember how often they release these discounts? Quarterly? Bi-Monthly? Monthly? We're currently planning a split stay between 5 nights at the Poly and 5 at the Beach Club, but I really don't like the current price. :lol: I was looking forward to seeing whatever AP discount might come out to see what my "real" price would be.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No sense starting a new thread for this one question, so I dug this one up. Since I have never purchased APs before now, I was wondering when to expect any AP discounts to be available for April? I know the most recent free dining promotion goes all the way up through the end of March, so I would assume that April would be in the next batch of discounts to be released. Just trying to remember how often they release these discounts? Quarterly? Bi-Monthly? Monthly? We're currently planning a split stay between 5 nights at the Poly and 5 at the Beach Club, but I really don't like the current price. :lol: I was looking forward to seeing whatever AP discount might come out to see what my "real" price would be.
Put a calender up on the wall and throw a dart at it.:lol:

As of late Disney has thrown out the play book when it comes to promotions, AP or otherwise. It is really anyone's guess as to when they will come out if at all. A shot in the dark would be a few months before your trip.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Put a calender up on the wall and throw a dart at it.:lol:

As of late Disney has thrown out the play book when it comes to promotions, AP or otherwise. It is really anyone's guess as to when they will come out if at all. A shot in the dark would be a few months before your trip.

That sucks. I was really hoping for a month or two from now, but oh well.

Now here's another question. Just yesterday, I started thinking about downgrading our resort. Rather than the more extravegant plan of staying at the Poly and the Beach Club (5 nights at each), I started thinking of downgrading to a moderate. Such a move would save us over $3,000. Although I would like to try out those resorts, I don't know that it's worth 3 grand to me to do so, when we could have just of good a time at a moderate.

Anyway, back to my point, I was wondering if AP discounts tend to be the same for all levels of resort or if it's like the GP discounts that WDW releases. Many times those discounts seem to be tiered, such that a value resort is 25% off, moderates 30% or 35% off, and Deluxes 40% off. Are AP discounts tiered like that, or would it just be a flat 40% off, regardless? Or whatever the percentage might happen to be.

Upvote 0
That sucks. I was really hoping for a month or two from now, but oh well.

Now here's another question. Just yesterday, I started thinking about downgrading our resort. Rather than the more extravegant plan of staying at the Poly and the Beach Club (5 nights at each), I started thinking of downgrading to a moderate. Such a move would save us over $3,000. Although I would like to try out those resorts, I don't know that it's worth 3 grand to me to do so, when we could have just of good a time at a moderate.

Anyway, back to my point, I was wondering if AP discounts tend to be the same for all levels of resort or if it's like the GP discounts that WDW releases. Many times those discounts seem to be tiered, such that a value resort is 25% off, moderates 30% or 35% off, and Deluxes 40% off. Are AP discounts tiered like that, or would it just be a flat 40% off, regardless? Or whatever the percentage might happen to be.

The AP discounts are usually tiered as well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom