AP Discount Hassle

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Was at Disneyland. How do they do it at WDW? Or do you have a physical card you can give them?
Ah, ok. I just open the wallet on my iPhone and show them that I have both DVC and AP discounts. It just shows up on the receipt then. They have never asked me to give them my phone, and I wouldn't if asked.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
That’s very surprising to me - they have to scan for all discounts at Disneyland.
I guess they could scan since there is a QR Code there, but they haven't done that at WDW. Interesting that DL does scan. Maybe rolling it out there since there a lot fewer places to eat or buy merchandise there, and they probably don't want to spend the money at WDW.

TrainsOfDisney

Interesting that DL does scan. Maybe rolling it out there since there a lot fewer places to eat or buy merchandise there, and they probably don't want to spend the money at WDW.
If by rolling it out you mean the past 10+ years sure. Way more places take discounts compared to WDW so it probably evens out with number of locations but who knows.

TrainsOfDisney

My one and only trip to DL was in 2012. We do plan to go back eventually, but nothing soon.
You got to get back soon! It’s such a better experience - feels like real Disney.

Things are pretty much back to pre-Covid in California as far as entertainment and attractions. They even started running 2 red car trolleys again at DCA!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom