AOA or Pop

MissViv

Original Poster
Planning a trip (no kids) for last week of October and looking at economical trip this time.

AOA Little Mermaid room and Pop Preferred Room are about the same rates. AOA is about $54 more for a 4 night stay. Never stayed at either one, I usually stay at Deluxe but with no discounts in October looking for something cheaper and on the Skyline.

Which would be better for me and why? Meeting my 2 nieces from Tampa who will be getting their own room and they want to stay cheap. Thoughts?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
POP and stay in a standard room as the resort is easily walkable with its many pathways.

AOA in the LM rooms is not worth the money in my opinion.
And the way the resort is laid out its a hike to get anywhere.
Feel free to go from POP to AOA just to see the cool theme and eat.

Smiley/OCD

IMHO, in your instance, I'd stay at POP...we have stayed several times at AoA, but always in a suite. We are staying next month at POP (which we have stayed multiple times). Both have great theming and for the amount of time we actually spend at the resort, POP is perfect for us. DW & I stayed at the GF back in December for our second "Disneymoon". Nice resort, but too "frou frou" for me. Give me a comfortable bed, TV, a shower with hot water, and I'm happy.

Smiley/OCD

Oh, 1 thing I forgot to add about the LK rooms @ AoA, is that they're the furthest from the food and buses...trust me, after a long day walking in the parks, that LOOONG walk back to your room won't be high on your list of things to do!

Last edited:

PolynesianPrincess

If I had to pick between a standard room at both, I would pick Pop. LM rooms at AOA are quite a distance from the main building. We stayed there once, but we were in a suite. Our last stay at Pop we had a standard room but we requested a close building and got our request so the main building wasn't too far away. Both have skyliner access and if you want to check out AOA you can always walk across the bridge to do so.

LittleMerman

I've stayed at POP and AOA (but in a Cars suite) and much preferred AOA. It's so much cuter. I loved walking around and seeing the Disney character statues, it felt like being on set in the movies!

MissViv

Original Poster
We could stay at All Star Movies for $295.00 less than Pop. That is a good savings! I haven't stayed at an All Stars in years but it would be a good option since the nieces are wanting to go cheap!

ppet

If your goal is to stay cheap, then pick POP. AoA is cool but really spread out. The extra 200 bucks saved from each room could be used to splurge on meals or something else.

crawale

Planning a trip (no kids) for last week of October and looking at economical trip this time.

AOA Little Mermaid room and Pop Preferred Room are about the same rates. AOA is about $54 more for a 4 night stay. Never stayed at either one, I usually stay at Deluxe but with no discounts in October looking for something cheaper and on the Skyline.

Which would be better for me and why? Meeting my 2 nieces from Tampa who will be getting their own room and they want to stay cheap. Thoughts?
We are staying a couple of days at Nemo after the Beach Club this year for the pool. Haven't been since the year AofA opened but there was a distinct difference in the Food Courts - AofA being much nicer and cleaner.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Lol it looks like everyone has you covered here, but I'll add one more vote for Pop or CBR!!

AoA is great and all, but it's so noisy and spread out.

aliceismad

Personally I prefer the theming of AoA and generally dislike POP's theming, but for most people and an adult-only group, I think a POP preferred room would be more comfortable and just generally better than a LM room.

Lkendlekatie

I would say it also depends how much time your going to spend in the hotel AoA has the largest pool and is more interesting to look round but if your just sleeping I would say pop unless you really want a little mermaid decor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom