AOA or Pop

MissViv

Original Poster
We have decided to stay offsite at Blue Heron Resort. Saved lots of $$$ and we are renting a 2 bedroom, 2 King Beds, 2 Bathrooms, Fireworks View (hope fireworks are back for the 50th). There are only 2 of us going now so we will have tons of room. Planning on spending one day just bumming around Disney Springs and Resort so we opted for more space,

MissViv

Original Poster
Changing again back to Pop. Only 1 niece will be joining me so we only need 1 room. I picked a standard room in the 60's section close to the Skyliner and Food Court.

Haven't stayed offsite in YEARS and was afraid of transportation issues during the 50th. We want to go to MNSSHP, if it returns.

LovePop

We could stay at All Star Movies for $295.00 less than Pop. That is a good savings! I haven't stayed at an All Stars in years but it would be a good option since the nieces are wanting to go cheap!
Yes, Movies is a lot cheaper than Pop nowadays. It didn't used to be that way, but the Skyliner makes it that way now. Pop charges nearly as much as a moderate hotel. The rooms are the same as Movies, and Movies rooms are mostly close to the main building and bus. You don't get to ride the Skyliner, but I find that an improvement because the Skyliner isn't dependable -- it shuts down during storms, and Florida is full of storms. Plus you have to transfer at CBR, which is a real pain to me. Furthermore, you can still ride the skyliner from Epcot or DHS whenever you feel like it, for free, and go eat at Pop and AofA food courts, if you are in the mood. The only thing I have against Movies is that it doesn't have a lake. I really love the lake at Pop. There are lakes or ponds or rivers all over the place in Disney to look at, but I still want water view at the hotel for the ambience. Though you might not mind not having a lake at the hotel.

MissViv

Original Poster
OK looking at CB now. It would be $533 more to upgrade from Pop but we would have better access to skyliner and could walk to Riviera for lunch or dinner. Also, of course, larger rooms and more food options. This is for 4 nights!

Our first day of arrival, Sunday, we will be spending at the resort or taking a ride on skyliner, no park passes. Unless they open up MNSSHP because we want to get tickets.

MissViv

Original Poster
Ended up switching from Pop to Carribean Beach. It is 2 adults and thought we would enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of CBR better.

Our first day on arriving (me by air, magical express) & (my niece by car) we have no park reservations so we will be spending time at the resort or just bumming around. We want to check out Riviera too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom