anything stolen?

brertigger

I have never had anything taken, but also have never personally left anything on a ride.

On one trip, I do have to say my group was really lucky. People left purses and other personal items on at least 3 rides (and almost 2 more). One time was on EE. The CMs didn't notice, but a very nice guest noticed and turned the item in when they arrived at unload.

Another time was on Space Mountain. They noticed right after they stepped out of the train. Luckily, the train was still parked so they were able to just reach in and get it. Funny thing is later in the day, they almost forgot things in Space Mountain again, until we all reminded them. :lol:

Someone also left something on the Virtual Jungle Cruise at DisneyQuest. The CM had noticed and safely stowed it away in a cabinet. Funny thing was, he rotated and worked at another ride we went to later in the evening. He kept reminding that person "Don't forget anything on your way out." :lol:

So, we were quite lucky that nothing got taken. It is nice that the CMs try to usually pick up items people leave behind.

FanofDinsey1981

Never had anything stolen, but d@mn if I don't lose my own head sometimes.

I left a wallet in a store in AK once, and was lucky enough that the girl who rung me up had remembered me from our conversation when I was paying. I have left sunglasses and disposable cameras everywhere too. and in all but instance, I was able to get my stuff back.

There have been a few times where someone will forget something in a ride, and we happen upon it on the next round. we always hand it off, though once there wasn't a CM easily accessable, and we found a phone number in the wallet. We were able to call the guy right off and meet him 10 minutes later. He didn't even know his wallet was missing!

I have learned my lesson. Anything that can be labeled is labeled with addresses and cell phone numbers.

jmoisa

I think, that because Disney is such a giving place, that stealing is the farthest thing from people's minds,,,,along witht the fact that they are all on vacation,a nd just want to have FUN!.

We have never lost nor had anything stolen either... I don't believe that I even worry about it too much.

wdwordz

We have never had anything stolen at WDW. Universal is a different story. We were using our own stroller for our younger daughter and left if outside a ride. When we came back out it was missing, but another stroller of lower quality was in its place. We thought someone may have taken ours by mistake and we went to Lost and Found to see if someone had brought ours there. Nope! We kept checking back to see if it turned up, but it never did. Losing the good stroller was bad enough, but the real loss was that the kids Disney Autograph books were in the pocket of the stroller, and they had been filling them up all week! And the books had our phone number and address in them.

banimall

We have never had anything stolen at WDW. Universal is a different story

Thanks for the heads up on Universal. We've taken our stroller to Disney without any issues but have not taken it to Universal as of yet. Wasn't sure if it happened there or not.

1disneydood

When I was 7 (1978) my Aunt gave me a $1000 Minolta 35mm camera for my trip. Anyway I left it on a table and never saw it again. Asked everyone, lost and found, etc., but no luck. Guess a 7 year old should never be in charge of expensive equipment. :lol:

I'd give anything to have those pics from the camera now. :(

crxbrett

On my first visit to Blizzard Beach in the summer of '95 I was swimming in the lazy river and doing flips and just swimming around. I remember thinking I saw something dark at the bottom but I continued on my way shrugging it off. When we went back to our lockers I realized I had left my wallet in my trunks! And then it hit me--that dark object at the bottom of the river was my wallet!! I felt so stupid and at the same time so depressed. It was only halfway through our trip and I had my pass, hotel key, a fat wad of money and my I.D. in the wallet. My heart sank into my throat and I just felt so stupid. I figured it was worth a try going to Lost & Found. Guess what? My wallet was waiting there for me and was quickly given to me after a few questions regarding its contents and a visual description. I was so happy and thankful that someone took the time to do that for me. It made me feel good that there are still people out there that are honest and not out to screw somebody over. Anyways, that's my lost item story!

MotoDisney

Not sure if really stolen but I left my hat on AE and it was never to be seen again. Of course my favorite hat, UT longhorns. I went back in but they didn't find it and lost and found never got it eitehr. Still miss that hat.

Moto

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
unkadug said:
I like to think that people who can afford to go to WDW don't have a need to steal.

I think this fact, combined with the magic of Disney prevents most people from trying to rip one another off in WDW.

Several years ago at the All Star Music we returned to our room to find the door wasnt closed all the way. (open only a few inches but still obviously open) We had been having trouble with the door for the few days we had been there already and were always extra careful to really slam it shut.

We figured the mousekeeper for the day hadnt realized the door situation and it didnt close all the way when she left. Long story short, we got a security gaurd to enter the room with us and fully expected all of our expensive belongings to be gone. They werent. :)sohappy: ) Nothing had even been touched. We had no clue how long the door had been open like that but it was a great feeling to know that people are honest enough to not take advantage of that situation. If that had been a hotel room anywhere else in the world I have no doubt in my mind that the outcome would have been very very different.

maelstrom

tiggerific418 said:
Several years ago at the All Star Music we returned to our room to find the door wasnt closed all the way. (open only a few inches but still obviously open) We had been having trouble with the door for the few days we had been there already and were always extra careful to really slam it shut.

We had the same experience at the Dolphin. Luckily nothing of ours was stolen either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom