Anything Special Not to miss on the 4th?

D23

We are heading down from June 29-July6th.

Is there anything special done during the 4th? Or is it just Fireworks as usual?

And speaking of which, is there any good way to capture still of the works, or other shows like Wishes?

hrcollectibles

Hello there

They do have a special Fireworks for the 4th. But from what I understand the park is packed. When I went in July of 2006. I went to The Magic Kingdom the Night of July 3rd and they were doing the July 4th Fireworks that night. The Bus driver said they normally do the July 4th Fireworks a few times before the 4th. So its a way to experience them without the crowd. I don't know if they still do this

Upvote 0

clarkstallings

On July 3rd and 4th of this year, The Magic Kingdom will be presenting DISNEY'S CELEBRATE AMERICA: A PATRIOTIC CONCERT IN THE SKY. This display is much larger than WISHES Nighttime Spectacular.

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

I was there two years ago for the 4th. Very crowded, of course, and MK had special fireworks on the 3rd. I was at Epcot for the 4th and OMG!! There was Illuminations and then the 4th fireworks. It was the most amazing display.

I'll be back this year for the 4th and I'll be at Epcot again. :D

Upvote 0

stitchsMom

Don't let the crowds chase you away!

We were at the MK over the 4th Holiday and saw the Patriotic fireworks show on the 3rd and 4th. As one of the other posters said, it is packed on the 4th and not as much on the 3rd. If you are willing to leisurley on the 4th show up at the Main Street Train Station, find yourself a spot in the center along the railing, and sit back and relax. We arrived 3 hours early (I know this sounds nuts) and took turns with family members sitting and relaxing in our spot, had a meal up there, and chatted with other families as they arrived. I still get tears thinking about that night! We had a perfect view and though there were a lot of people there, everyone worked together to ensure all had a decent view. Packed or not the 4th fireworks show is definitely special and a not-to-be-missed show. Especially if your family is like mine and have a lot of service men and women in the family. If you are curious to see, I have a pic taken from the upper level of the Main Street Train Station from the 4th, on my flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/caribear/3367593065/

Upvote 0

D23

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions....and I LOVE THE PIC from last years Display you posted.

Now even though it is busy, you all mentioned they do it a few time during the week. We already plan on hitting up Magic Kingdom at least 2 times while we are there.

So if we plan on July 3rd to see the park and the $th Celebration it should be fun and get the experience right? And do you think I am over planning with having a 3 yr old and 1 yr old along. Even though Zachary will prob sleep through it.

Upvote 0

truz

I'll be in Disney for my Honeymoon this year from June 30th-July9th. Cannot wait, the 4th should be packed but we are really excited for it. From what I've seen the 4th of July fireworks show looks awesome.

One thing I've heard is that The Hall Of Presidents will be opening up on the 4th of July with the new addition of President Obama.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I was down last year for the 4th. My suggestion is for you to go to MK on the 3rd and than plan on begin at DHS or EPCOT for the 4th. My understanding is that last year DHS debuted a new version of their fireworks for the 4th. EPCOT always has a tag at the end of Illuminations to celebrate the holiday.

If you do decide to be at MK on the 4th, like we did last year. Plan on showing up EARLY. Last year, MK opened at 8 instead of the usual 9. We were there at opening and spent most of the day at the park. As the time for the fireworks got closer, the park did close b/c of capacity issues and it got to the point that you couldn't move on Main Street. They were actually ushering guests backstage in order to accommodate the crowds on Main Street (not unheard of). We ended up watching the fireworks in Fantasyland right by Pooh. Once the fireworks ended, the crowds diminished greatly.

Either way, plan accordingly and be prepared to encounter HUGE crowds and long lines. :wave:

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

EWPJuly_4.jpg

This is from the beach at the Poly a couple years ago. This was on July 3rd and they didn't play the music there as they did on the 4th. The view was awesome and IMO better than from inside the MK at the hub where we saw them on the 4th. The fireworks are done in the round and they also have the EWP barges out during the show. The CM,s handed out towels to sit on, a couple cold drinks from the poolside bar...it was great. On the 4th we arrived at the MK first thing in the AM and stayed all day. The park closed due to capacity around 10 or 11. It was packed and hot. We went to the Exposition hall and watched the cartoons and caught a nap. We stood right by the fork in the trolly track at the hub for the fireworks and about 30 min before they started it was shoulder to shoulder. There was no moving around for anything. But on a good note as soon as the fireworks were over the park was empty.
One year we drove to Disney for our vacation on the 4th of July. We left Va early in the morning, drove to Daytona and caught the Space Shuttle launch about 3pm, drove the rest of the way and checked in. That night we went to the Studios and saw the fireworks over the Chinese Theater, then walked through the Boardwalk to Epcot where we watched the Illuminations with the 4th ending. At 9pm when Epcot closed we took the monorail to the MK where we finished the night. Talk about a busy 4th.......

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom