Anything special for 1st trip?

redfive13

Original Poster
Does WDW do anything special for a baby's first trip to Disney? We went to Disneyland on our honeymoon and they sent champagne and strwberries to our room (it was a nice touch). I was just curious if they did something similar for babies...:shrug:

nolatron

I think they give 1st trip buttons but I am not sure completely if there is more to it.

My wife and I got buttons at Disneyland when we went there in '08 for the first time.

We're taking our 19-month old daughter to WDW for the first time in September, so I hope to at least get her a souvenir button too. :)

toystorymaniacs

Yes, tell them when you check in that it's your baby's first visit and they will give you a button. Also, I don't know if your baby has has or needs a haircut but at the barber shop on Main Street, if you get your baby his or her first haircut there you get Mickey ears that say my first haircut and a certificate. I think it cost $13 both of my boys had their first haircuts there.

mickey7879

For our sons first visit at 6 months we got him the 1st visit button and Mickey ears with his name embroidered on them. When we went again when he was 15 months we got his first hair cut there. I waited until the last day of our trip to do it....thought it was going to be so sad but ended up being pretty cute! Michael completely covered him in stickers and talked very gently to him. Then he started cutting. My son sat there so good while he took one sticker off at a time and handed it to me and daddy. Michael saved every piece of hair and wrapped in up in a tissue with "pixie dust" (mickey head confetti) and sealed it with a Mickey sticker. He then got a certificate with his name, date and who cut his hair saying first hair cut and a pair of Mickey ears with "first hair cut" embroidered on the back. Can't remember how much it costs, around $12-14. You can't make a reservation, just stand there and wait. Tell them it's your baby's first hair cut and he/she will get the royal treatment!

We also went to one of the shops in Frontierland and were going to buy those small twirly lollipops. The woman told us that since we bought those and our son had never had a lollipop before that she'd give us a certificate for a "magical moment" that said first lollipop and that date, etc. I think they have all kinds of different certificates that you could get. Just ask a cm or someone else on here and I'm sure they'd fill you in. (actually I may post and ask myself! We'll be there again in Sept when our son will be 2 and his 3rd visit)

You can buy first visit t-shirts, 1st Mickey t-shirt, etc. They also have my first Disney bear and my first Mickey.

I bought a 12 mth "1st disney shirt" and a sharpie pen and had all the characters sign it at Chef Mickeys. We then put it in a shadow box frame and hung it in my son's room. We got it when he was there at 1 yr and then he went back at 2. Now he likes to point it out as being his "mickey shirt"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom