Anything I shouldn't miss at POR

jasonchas

Next week we will be staying at POR. Is there anything we should put on our "don't miss"list? I've never stayed at POR. Any hints or tips about the resort?

Thanks

Nemo14

Totally agree on this one - treat yourself to the banana-stuffed French Toast with strawberry sauce, or the sweet potato pancakes! :slurp:

Also take the boat down to DTD, or rent a canoe and go exploring!

And if the hot tub isn't finished yet (it was being redone last time we were there - go over to POFQ and use that one!

Upvote 0

Rayray

If you have the time, walk to the Dining Hall for breakfast or coffee. The walk from your room is quite pleasant in the morning ;) (though it might be too chilly this time of year depending on the day). Be sure to visit 'Ol Man Isle (correct name?)

Upvote 0

DWGIRL

Definitely take the time to walk around and explore the resort. We found it to be quiet and romantic. The food court was great. The room was great. We loved everything about the place. We can't wait to go back.

Upvote 0

Carolwood

Get up early one day... around 6AM or earlier (I know your on vacation...)
get a cup of coffee at the food court and take a walk around the entire resort and explore the grounds. As others have said take the boat ride to Downtown Disney. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I'm gonna put my vote in for the boat to DD as well -- at times, WDW seems to have lost some of the magic...but at others, it is as amazing and magical as always - the boat ride is one of those magical moments, especially at night.

Upvote 0

JJHale

I agree with all - POR is my favorite resort. Don't miss breakfast at Boatrights or the boat to Downtown Disney. I always love walking to the food court for coffee early in the morning, the river is so beautiful. IMHO POR is one of the most peaceful and relaxing resorts at WDW. ENJOY!!!

Upvote 0

TrentMom

Still there?

Figment571 said:
Do not and I mean DO NOT MIss Bob Jackson the piano player at night. He is awesome!:sohappy:

Wow, he is still there. My husband and I stayed at Dixie Landings in 1998 and we spent new years eve there with him and we had the best time. It was so much fun, when someone would walk into the room, He would Say "New People!!! Where you from?" You would say, " whateever state" and he would ask "Is anyone else from there?" and the whole room would shout
Yes!!!" It was such a blast.

Upvote 0

Mr Starky

French Toast at Boatrights

jasonchas said:
Next week we will be staying at POR. Is there anything we should put on our "don't miss"list? I've never stayed at POR. Any hints or tips about the resort?

Thanks

Definately have the french toast at boatrights dining hall for breakfast. Some of the best I have ever had.:)

Upvote 0

musicman52086

In addition to breakfast at Boatwright's, which is amazing, take a light night walk around the resort. From Alligator Bayou to Magnolia Bend and Ol' Man Island, the resort is just spectacular at nighttime. Enjoy the bridges, the water, the small bends, nooks, and quiet areas. It's the most serene place to be!

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

I've got reservations at POR for our honeymoon trip in Jan '07. It's our first time ever staying onsite and this thread is totally pumping me up!!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom