Anything fun to do/see at MGM besided the Attractions?

ssidiouss@mac.c

I have a lot of little things that I try to do at Magic Kingdom and Epcot besides the Attractions...

I love stopping by the Main Street Bakery, Watching different Bands play at the Epcot World Showcase, Buying one of those Dole Whips at the Magic Kingdom, etc...

But when it comes to MGM it seems that I just bust out the main attractions/shows and really haven't enjoyed any of the small/fun type of things like I have found in MK/Epcot.

Anyone have any family traditions in MGM or favorite little things that you do besides the Attractions?

DigitalDisney

- The cop is hilarious
- Mulch, Sweat, and Shears are also great
- MGM has some of the more interesting restaurants in WDW. Try getting a dessert at Sci Fi or Prime Time Cafe
- Try looking at all of the crazy visual gags around the MuppetVision building/area. There are posters/signs/visuals everywhere around that place
- Look at the foot/handprints in front of the Great Movie Ride, and ask yourself, "Where are they now?"
- There are characters everywhere. You can always see them on Mickey Ave and back by Al's Toy Barn
- Cruise through the Animation Gallery shop
- Spend some time in the AFI exhibit at the end of the backlot tour

Upvote 0

doop

DigitalDisney said:
- Look at the foot/handprints in front of the Great Movie Ride, and ask yourself, "Where are they now?"
I find myself doing this every time I visit MGM.

When I'm at a Disney Park I find it entertaining just to sit on a bench at times and just take it all in, maybe that can serve as an alternate to just going straight to rides and attractions, and maybe enjoy a wonderful turkey leg from Toluca Legs! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Uponastar

- The cop is hilarious
- Mulch, Sweat, and Shears are also great
- MGM has some of the more interesting restaurants in WDW. Try getting a dessert at Sci Fi or Prime Time Cafe
- Try looking at all of the crazy visual gags around the MuppetVision building/area. There are posters/signs/visuals everywhere around that place
- There are characters everywhere. You can always see them on Mickey Ave and back by Al's Toy Barn
- Cruise through the Animation Gallery shop
- Spend some time in the AFI exhibit at the end of the backlot tour

Great suggestions!
I also like visiting the book store next to the Sci-Fi (Is it still called Buy the Book?) It's a nice place to chill for a bit with a cup of coffee or a cool drink. You can get comfy with a good book and rest those weary feet for a while.

Upvote 0

frankster

My mom and I love going through all of the stores. She does because she gets to shop, and I do because they're greatly-themed and... pretty to look at!

Pssst. Go to the Sweet Spells sweet shop. Some good stuff in there.

And I LOVE your avatar! That commercial loops forever...and ever...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom