anything and everything about character meals

Dayzie914

I am planning to go with my best friend in June '06 (when i gradute). I want to know everything about the character meals.

Which ones are the best?

When can I book them? (i've heard about the specific times, where can i get them)

Thanks in advance for any responses!!

Rotel1026

I've done Cape May Cafe (Goofy, Chip & Dale...and I think either Mickey or Minnie out front) twice and both times were service was good, the restaurant was pretty quiet...not extremely crowded like some others I've seen. (Just did Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland last month and that place was a bit of a zoo). Definitely would recommend breakfast at Cape May to anyone. Also have done dinner at Garden Grill (Pluto, Mickey, Chip & Dale) and that was also nice. Food there is family style so you get a big dish with food on it and they keep refilling it til you're full. I didn't enjoy the food here as much. The food was too uneven...catfish was good but the flank steak was too dry. The stuffing is Stove Top. Not exactly what I'd expect for the price you pay. Definitely a nice atmosphere and got lots of character interaction while we were there. Good idea to eat at off peak times if at all possible when it comes to character meals, I find you get more character interaction that way.

And while this isn't a character meal, you might wanna consider putting 50's Primetime Cafe at MGM on your list of places to eat. That place is great, as is the food.

I'll be doing Breakfastosaurus for the first time this December so looking forward to that myself.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Dayzie914 said:
to get the PS that you want for resort or park character meal you have to call 3 months ahead...right when it opens, you can't call earlier?

anyone have any other tips for getting the pick you want?

thanks
The earliest that any priority seating is accepted is 90 days out, not necessarily 3 months so be careful about that!! Also for the Princess breakfasts, to hold the PS they will require a credit card deposit of $10.00 per adult/ $5.00 per child. As far as most of the other meals they are no where near as hard to get, but I would absolutely advise calling as soon as you are sure of your plans to make your seating arrangements. The sooner that you call and make your priority seatings, the more of a choice of times you will have. If you call last minute you may not get the times you want or may not get in at all. I also very uch agree with the 50's Prime Time Cafe suggestion. I think it is one of the best restaurants on property. It doesnt have chracters per se, but the staff there are hilarious as your new extended family!!!!!! There are a ton of great places to eat and not all of them are character meals, so I would say dont limit yourself. Belle

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

One hopeful word of advice. If you want a Princess breakfast and DON'T get the PS, try calling back every few days. Sometimes people have to cancel their plans and seats may open up. The smaller your group the better your chance of snagging something.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

DisneyWood

Dayzie914 said:
I am interested in one breakfast and one dinner. I llooked at Deb's and I am interested in Chef Mickey's, the one w/ pooh and his friends, and the one in the grand floridian.

Has anyone been to those, what did you think?

Any others I should definetly consider?

I am going with my friend in June "06, we will be 18 and 19

thanks so much!!

We went to the Chrystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh & Friends) for breakfast before the park opened, which was excellent. We have never been to the park before it was opened to the public. We got some great pictures of the castle & of Main Street USA. The character breakfast was great for our children. They had a blast. They were able to join the parade with Tigger & Piglet, visit with all of them and get their autographs. Oh yeah, the food was excellent.

Chef Mickey's was probably my favorite. We went there for dinner and had a late reservation (8:50 pm). Another all you can eat buffet style dinner, which was excellent (grilled fish, chicken, prime rib, turkey, shrimp and I can even describe the dessert bar). Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip & Dale were the characters there. It was an excellent ordeal. Our children went nuts. We were 1 of the last families to leave that night, and got to have plenty of time with Minnie, Donald & Goofy (Mickey a little bit). It was such a great experience for our family. I would recommend this dinnner to anybody. We will be doing this dinner everytime we visit.

The only bad news is we won't be returning for 1,247 days. :( :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom