anything and everything about character meals

Dayzie914

I am planning to go with my best friend in June '06 (when i gradute). I want to know everything about the character meals.

Which ones are the best?

When can I book them? (i've heard about the specific times, where can i get them)

Thanks in advance for any responses!!

Atta83

The place to book them is 407-WDW-DINE.

What time are you looking to go, breakfast or dinner. Any specific characters you like?

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Check out Deb's site, it has a great section of Character dining........

Click here

We love Checf Mickey's in the Contemporary for breakfast & have really enjoyed dinner in The Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK. :wave:

Upvote 0

Dayzie914

Original Poster
I am interested in one breakfast and one dinner. I llooked at Deb's and I am interested in Chef Mickey's, the one w/ pooh and his friends, and the one in the grand floridian.

Has anyone been to those, what did you think?

Any others I should definetly consider?

I am going with my friend in June "06, we will be 18 and 19

thanks so much!!

Upvote 0

Atta83

Chef Mickey's is great they even get the people in the resturant to participate in a clebration by twirling the napkins :)its so much fun, I ate there for dinner and it was really good, I enjoyed it. Never ate at Crystal Palace. I ate at Liberty Tree for dinner it was good. Also, the Garden Grill is pretty good as well.

Upvote 0

A good site to figure out exactly when you can make your Priority Seating respervations is the Priority Seating Calculator. I always give that site a look when I have an upcoming trip. I have gone to the character breakfast at Chef Mickeys and I recommend it! It's one of my favorites! I have never been to the other ones you mentioned though. Have fun planning :D

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

The Crystal Place is quite nice, but can get pretty busy. While park guests staying off-site are able to go to character meals at the resorts, many of them do not realize this. Therefore, IMHO it is often less crowded at the resort meals.

Also, it really depends on which characters you most want to see. Princesses are at Epcot, Pooh & friends at Crystal Palace, Donald at Animal Kingdom, Chip & Dale at Epcot and the Liberty Tree, of course Mickey at Chef Mickey's........

And God Bless whoever created the PS calculator !!!!!! :kiss: :kiss:

Upvote 0

rosebud's mom

I forgot one ! It isn't exactly a meal, but is lots of fun. If you are staying on property, go to Chip & Dale's Marshmallow Roast at Fort Wilderness. It includes campfire singing and Disney movie screenings. Usually not crowded at all, and a great atmosphere. ( Plus, as a bonus, its free ! )

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Dayzie914 said:
I am interested in one breakfast and one dinner. I llooked at Deb's and I am interested in Chef Mickey's, the one w/ pooh and his friends, and the one in the grand floridian.

QUOTE]

I haven't been to cheif Mickey's so I can't help you there but,

CP pooh and friends is good. Lots of fun, pretty place, good food. It is buffet style and we have found going early (when it just opens for lunch or dinner) works well because all the food is fresh. There is a good selction, we do it for lunch every trip.

GF dinner at 1900 park avene is good also. Once again buffet, but really good food (even better then CP, but it is a few dollars more per person too.) Cindy and Prince charming might be fun for a group of HS graduates. (and fairy Godmother too, but after seeing shreck 2 I am a little scared of Fariy Godmothers. :lol: ) There is this cold strawberry soup that is just great. I want to go back just for that.

No mater where you go, you can't go wrong they are all good.

We also like Garden Grill at the Land in Epcot. I think that might be closed sometime for renovations at some point when they do Soaring over Califorina.

Upvote 0

Atta83

Also, another fun breakfast might be the Princess Breakfast in Norway. I would of love to of done something like that for graduations....But I can when I graduate college this semester :D

Upvote 0

tigsmom

should-be-BELLE said:
thanks for asking this becuase a couple of my friends and I wanna go then too after we graduate

and its great to see someone my age looks at this site too :)

I think you would be suprised at the number of people your age (and younger) here. This is truly a family site.

another Character breakfast would be in the Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club...

Cape May Cafe

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

should-be-BELLE said:
my bad captain hook! :)

if my friends and I went to a princess breakfast...would we get the same attention from the characters or would they pay more attention to the little kids?
I find that I get as much attention as I pay to the characters. If I play with them, they stay around and pose for pics etc. If I just wave or blow a kiss, they tend to let me be and eat my meal in peace. It all depends on your preference at the time I would imagine. There are so many good character meals on property. Can you be more specific? What arks are you going to?? Do you have any characters you prefer? Another option is also the Hoop De Doo Revue which is an all you can eat dinner brought to your table and a dinner show!!! THAT is a lot of fun, I have enjoyed it everytime I have gone. Belle

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

should-be-BELLE said:
we're all princess fans...so wed say the castle or the norway breakfast in epcot
I absolutely agree with you there. Those are the toughest meals to get though. You must call 90 days out from the morning you are planning to go at exactly 7:00 am EST to even stand a shot. Id suggest that you go 90 days back from your first morning on property and keep calling for every morning of your trip until you get it!!! One forum member put it best. They compared it to winning the lottery!!!!!!! Worst case and you cant get either of those two I would suggest dinner with Cinderella over at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian.

Upvote 0

Dayzie914

Original Poster
to get the PS that you want for resort or park character meal you have to call 3 months ahead...right when it opens, you can't call earlier?

anyone have any other tips for getting the pick you want?

thanks

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom