anyone want to explain EE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGC5445

Original Poster
i know it is a big deal, and everybody is anticipating it but can anyone explain the premise of the ride to me?

i saw it from a distance in July, it is huge.

animal_king1990

AGC5445 said:
i know it is a big deal, and everybody is anticipating it but can anyone explain the premise of the ride to me?

i saw it from a distance in July, it is huge.

It's like BTMRR + Matterhorn mixed together. It has twists, turns, and a 112 ft drop. It also has switch tracks in which you go backwards through the ride. Inside the mountain, there is a huge animatronic yeti that is about 20 ft tall!

goofyfan13

There is a boat load of information here: http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm

Steve does a really good job at keeping us updated, I'm sure any question that you may have is in there somewhere. A lot of the stuff really is an interesting read, I found the story line very interesting. Hope this helps. :wave:

Mission: SPACE

I'm not trying to discredit Steve, but I went to the Trade Show for E:E on Saturday, and they told us the largest drop is 80 feet. Everest at its highest point is 112 feet.

animal_king1990

Mission: SPACE said:
I'm not trying to discredit Steve, but I went to the Trade Show for E:E on Saturday, and they told us the largest drop is 80 feet. Everest at its highest point is 112 feet.

Maybe they're wrong? The official storyline released by Disney states it has an 112 ft drop and Steve said he got this information from Imagineers so I'm more leanient towards Steve.

This is a cast member who's part of the opening team, and as far as I know they have only pulled coordinators and managers for the opening team. That's what I was there for... to interview to be part of the opening team. And since she was wearing the costume, I'm guessing she's a coordinator.

Point being, she's come in, been trained, assessed, walked the track, and most likely had quite a discussion with Joe Rohde about the attraction. I love this site, but I think I'll trust firsthand information long before something that could have gotten mixed up in the rumor mill.

animal_king1990

Mission: SPACE said:
This is a cast member who's part of the opening team, and as far as I know they have only pulled coordinators and managers for the opening team. That's what I was there for... to interview to be part of the opening team. And since she was wearing the costume, I'm guessing she's a coordinator.

Point being, she's come in, been trained, assessed, walked the track, and most likely had quite a discussion with Joe Rohde about the attraction. I love this site, but I think I'll trust firsthand information long before something that could have gotten mixed up in the rumor mill.

But I think the Imagineers would be more correct, would they not? They designed the ride and know every detail there is. Besides, everything Steve posts is researched first.:)

I'm not arguing... I know the facts on this one. I WORK for the company. I WENT to the interview to transfer to the attraction. I SPOKE with the merchandise managers, this lady I made reference to, saw amazing pictures of the construction, was interviewed by a manager who gave me information about the attraction as well, saw the shirts for the attraction, as well as a few yeti toys, and other various merchandise. I DISCUSSED what will be done if the attraction goes 101.

Point being... Why would she lie? Would you rather trust something someone from the company, the OFFICIAL source said, or something from a web site on the internet, an UNOFFICIAL source. You know, I had agreed with you on most of the arguments you've been getting into with some of our older members, but now I'm wondering why I was. You've lost someone who was ready to defend you the next time you upset someone.

How do you know what was posted on here came from an imagineer? YOU DON'T!

And you are saying what I said is wrong. You are stating it is 112 feet. I am stating that is is 80 feet. Last time I checked, 80 does not equal 112. Therefore, if you are saying that it is 112 feet, and I am saying that it is 80 feet, you do not agree that what I am saying is correct, because our numbers are not the same.

The information I have came from a cast member TEST AND ADJUST! Don't you think somewhere along the way they would have encountered information regarding the height and largest drop on the attraction!?! If not Joe Rohde himself? Don't you think before the trade show the company MADE SURE THEY HAVE ACCURATE INFORMATION!?!? After all, the point to the Trade Show is to INFORM CAST and GIVE THEM INFORMATION REGARDING THE ATTRACTION. I don't think that they would deceive the cast that are there to interview, since every single opening crew cast member will have gone through THE TRADE SHOW AND INTERVIEW! I don't think there's any convincing you... Like I said, you've lost someone who was willing to defend you, but since you are so nit-picky about things you've lost me... The only reason that I'm even acknowledging that you are on here now is because I KNOW what I know is RIGHT... It came straight from the source. I don't know how to make it any more clear than that. IT CAME FROM THE EXPEDITION:EVEREST crew, what few of them are there thus far! Give it up! I've agreed with you that the attraction is 112 feet tall... that's what I was told... But it DOES NOT have an 80 foot drop!

CaptainMichael

"Anything you can do, I can do better
I can do any thing better than you
No you can't, Yes I can, No you can't, Yes I can
No you can't, Yes I can, yes I can

Anything you can be I can be greater
Sooner or later, I'm greater than you
No you're not, Yes I am, No you're not Yes I am
No you're not, Yes I am, yes I am"

The never-ending battle to be Stat-Master......get over it!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi Guys, lets not argue over the stats. I have gone over this a few times before, but just to repeat.

1. Back in May 2003 I was told by people working on the attraction the height of the drop was 80ft.

2. This month, people working on the attraction are now quoating 112ft.

3. WDW Media relations this month are also quoting 112ft. The information on this page http://www.wdwmagic.com/everest_facts_figures.htm is all officially released information from Disney.
Some actual quotes from Disney are:
"The train accelerates at speeds up to 50 mph into a fog of spiral curves taking mountaineers down a 112-foot plummet to escape the wrath of the powerful yeti. "
"Chilling Thrills: A careening adventure including a 112-foot drop, plus frightening encounters with the mystical yeti."

At the end of the day, I cant say anymore than that. The bottom line is that Disney are official telling the media that the height of the drop is 112ft. Its possible they may be using some creative methods to come up with that number, but thats the number. It is also possible that they are wrong. However, all I can do is to quote the information that Disney are giving me. It's up to you to interpret the informatio anyway you wish, but lets stop the arguing over this.

raven

Wow. Nearly half of your posts have been threads started by you. 14 threads all together. A new member jumping right in! :wave:

Edeyore

STR8FAN2005 said:
Honestly, can we stop arguing over stats???? For the past week, this has been a major problem!!

Are you sure it has only become a problem over the last week? I think
it has been a problem for at least 10 days. :lol:

matthope03

I may be wrong on this one but did they not say that the mountain is 199ft tall? I thought I read/heard that they made it the same height as the Tower of Terror and again for the same reason as the Tower they kept it at 199ft because 1 more ft and they had to add a red beacon at the top. I might be wrong on this, but I have seen pictures of Everest from the Contemporary and there is no way it is only 112ft tall when it is THAT visible from the Contemporary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom