Anyone use the honeymoon registry?

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster
The lady and I have been living together for 3 years and we have everything we need for the home. We were considering doing the honeymoon registry but people told me that's tacky. I've almost decided to just do it anyways as it would be nice to upgrade (having everything paid for already)...has anyone used the honeymoon registry and if so how was your experience with it?

CLandrum

My fiance and I just signed up for it. We are in the same boat as you. We have lived together for 6 months. We are sending out our wedding invites/announcements next month. We will put the cards in those. We are doing a small wedding in Gatlinberg, Tn. so no big reception. We would rather spend money on our honeymoon. I think some people will think it is tacky but we have had lots of people tell us it is a wonderful idea. They said they would rather give $20-$50 towards or honeymoon than buy a toaster we don't need. We also have tons of family and friends all over the United States so I think this will be easy for them just to log on to a web site and be a part of our adventure. They have a part on the website where you can put a web page up to share with everyone. Our wedding is in April but we are not taking our honeymoon until September. I will let you know how it goes.

Magical.Animal

I did the honeymoon registry a few years back and it worked out great! It was mainly friends who bought our experiences for us, versus family, but people though it was a great idea and we did some things we probably wouldn't have done otherwise, but since they were what people chose, we used their credits for what they bought them for (ie: mini golf and horseback riding) and then gave them a picture with their thank you of us doing their experience :)

Jillybelle

We used a honeymoon registry and it worked out really well! We filled it with high-end things like plane tickets, park tickets, hotel nights and rental fees, and lots of little fun things like Mickey bars, a round of mini-golf, Butterbeer at Universal, drinks at Epcot, Ice cream at Ghiradelli, etc. People seemed to react well to it, and even though we also had a traditional registry, we received over half of our honeyfund items.

Some sites charge, but I used https://www.honeyfund.com/ and it was free. Beware though, I spent a ton of time making cute avatars for all the items on the registry, only to find out that they would only be seen if I paid $50 for the special edition.

As long as you don't include any registry information with your invitation (which is poor etiquette, and essentially asking for a gift), I can't see anyone finding it tacky. Just explain on your website that you have everything you'd need and that if someone were considering buying you a gift, you'd love for your honeymoon to be really special.

One last tip- buy and wear the bride/groom ears. We were given them as a gift when we got engaged, and though we thought they were a little cheesy, we decided to wear them the first day that we were there, and then ended up wearing them for the whole trip. We got so many extra little perks- instant fast-passes, a free ice cream bar, moved to the front/center for Holiday Processional, etc. Have a great time!

I'm in the same boat. I booked my Disneymoon for this October thru Liberty Travel and they made nice cards with our names on them for our honeymoon registry. Great idea to me especially if u already own a home and have all ur house supplies. :)

agorna

I am using the Disney honeymoon registry right now for my upcoming honeymoon this October and its workin out GREAT! we already have more than half of our entire honeymoon paid for, which takes a lot of stress off of us since we are paying for our entire wedding on our own... our friends and family also love the fact that its different and they can get us something that they know we will actually enjoy versus another set of knives that we don need since we've lived together for almost two years now.

yes there is a service charge, but everyone I've talked to Doesn't mind the small fee to give us piece of mind.. I say go for it!

lovenerds2012

We did not do the registry because we felt that the service charge was ridiculous. However, we did put on our website that we were going on a Disney Honeymoon and that we would love Disney Gift cards....it worked out WONDERFULLY. People LOVED being able to give us a gift they knew we'd use and we hardly had to pay for ANYTHING out-of-pocket on our Honeymoon!

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster
We did not do the registry because we felt that the service charge was ridiculous. However, we did put on our website that we were going on a Disney Honeymoon and that we would love Disney Gift cards....it worked out WONDERFULLY. People LOVED being able to give us a gift they knew we'd use and we hardly had to pay for ANYTHING out-of-pocket on our Honeymoon!
I wasn't too worried about service charges as most of my friends and family could afford the 3% and if not I wanted money anyways...however, our honeymoon is 23 days away and I have $1500 out of $4600 (pretty much the total of our cruise and 2 night stay at the contemporary) in gifts received which was more than I expected considering we having a small wedding of like 50 people...My BBB registry got the same hits so I call it a success so far...I'm sure after my wedding I won't complain considering I came into it thinking i'd recoup about 66 - 75% of the cost of both our honeymoon and wedding...

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster
As long as you don't include any registry information with your invitation (which is poor etiquette, and essentially asking for a gift), I can't see anyone finding it tacky. Just explain on your website that you have everything you'd need and that if someone were considering buying you a gift, you'd love for your honeymoon to be really special.
I've never been to a wedding that didn't include a registry card in the invitation and we're not talking redneck weddings...we're talking reception at Art Museum weddings and some unattractive jersey politicians that included a registry card...I think now-a-days it has lost it's tackiness...

agorna

I've never been to a wedding that didn't include a registry card in the invitation and we're not talking redneck weddings...we're talking reception at Art Museum weddings and some unattractive jersey politicians that included a registry card...I think now-a-days it has lost it's tackiness...
I completely agree.. my friends and family asked me to put in a registry card with my wedding invites because they wanted to give me somethig I'd enjoy.. so I put in a registry card or the Disney honeymoon registry.. my wedding isn't until October and I already have had $1600 donated to us from just a handful of ppl.. it's been an amazing help so far

RobinWilson

A honeymoon registry is for all who don’t want gifts as they already have all the stuff. I think having a honeymoon registry is fun and very useful. You can ask honeymoon fund easily with this. There are options in registry where you can directly put your cash gifts. This makes the work very easy . Many of my friends have done this at the time of their wedding.

wdwstateofmind

Original Poster
A honeymoon registry is for all who don’t want gifts as they already have all the stuff. I think having a honeymoon registry is fun and very useful. You can ask honeymoon fund easily with this. There are options in registry where you can directly put your cash gifts. This makes the work very easy . Many of my friends have done this at the time of their wedding.
Was someone questioning what a registry was? Pretty sure I was seeing if anyone used the Disney one specifically before. Comments like this make me think you didn't even read the thread and commented off the title...

CLandrum

We have been using te Disney honeymoon registry. We got married April 19th and have recieved $500 on it so far. We put in a request to with drawl those funds so we can put a deposit down on our honeymoon which we are taking in September. It has worked really well for us and all our family. We are including the registry cards with our wedding anoucements so hopefully we will get a few more gifts on to our account. It is really nice having a small chunk of our honeymoon already paid for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom