Anyone notice "For the Birds" in Cars movie?

bassman

the only other cameo thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the pizza planet truck from "toy story 1" is in "a bugs life", "toy story 2" and "monsters inc".
i love the cameos, i think that they sort of add a game type vibe to the film,sort of like see if you can spot the famous disney character in the newset disney movie.
their sort of like hidden mickeys in a way.which btw,in most of the animated classics,there are some hidden mickeys in some of the scenes.

bassman said:
the only other cameo thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the pizza planet truck from "toy story 1" is in "a bugs life", "toy story 2" and "monsters inc".
i love the cameos, i think that they sort of add a game type vibe to the film,sort of like see if you can spot the famous disney character in the newset disney movie.
their sort of like hidden mickeys in a way.which btw,in most of the animated classics,there are some hidden mickeys in some of the scenes.

actually the pizza planet truck is in every pixar movie. in nemo, it drives by as the fish in the bags cross the street, in the incredibles its on the freeway when they are driving to the omnidroid, and in cars its seen several times (although i personally didnt catch them) but according to wikipedia "The Pizza Planet truck is in the movie three times: it can be seen in the Life is a Highway scene, and in the announcer's booth in the movie's beginning. It is also up on stage at the Piston Cup race towards the end of the movie." wikipedia has a lot of info on pixar references.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixar

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm going to have to go watch Nemo to find the Mr. Incredible comic. :)

I did notice the 'For The Birds' reference... but wasn't sure I was just imagining it. I didn't notice Gerry, from both TS2 and 'Gerry's Game', so that's something I'll have to look for if I see it again. I think we could be hard pressed to find a refernence to Ratatouille, but it could definitely be there.

And, the ending was classic. :D

CaptainMichael

HauntedPirate said:
I didn't notice Gerry, from both TS2 and 'Gerry's Game', so that's something I'll have to look for if I see it again.
I think you are misunderstanding my post. He wasn't in Cars...at least I don't think so. I was just citing an example of previous times they've done this.

I love 'Gerry's Game'!

RustyBridges

Did anyone notice the hidden mickey when the jets flew through the smoke spelled "Piston Cup" before the final race?

As the jets flew through the smoke it swirled into a mickey.

ilovepluto23

STR8FAN2005 said:
er....is that possible?

YES! I realized Nemo was after Monsters Inc. after I saw Boo's Nemo plush toy. Obviously, Nemo was in the works (or at least the idea) when they made that scene!

Also...in Nemo, the Pizza Planet Delivery truck passes by the window. There's also a Buzz doll in the dentist's office (in a toy chest I believe).

CoffeeJedi

PencilTest said:
Here's a couple I know of in Boundin' (the short that ran before The Incredibles):

-Tin Lizzy (the crazy old lady in Cars) is the car that the farmer backs down the hill to pick up and shear the sheep. But you only see her from behind.
-The farmer (whose forearm is all you ever see) is the dentist from Finding Nemo.
-The hill itself is the one from Bugs Life, just scaled differently

llrain

what about hoppers appearance in cars.
He is the field groomer that chases after when they are cow tipping
kinda a given though..since it wasnt a split second appearance

ISTCrew20

I also noticed McQueen's number was "95" (when Toy Story was released), and one of the other cars number was "86" (When Pixar first started). They are celebrating 20 years right now.

Rob562

I don't have Toy Story on DVD, so someone else is going to have to check this out for me...

I'm 90% sure that the view of the desert seen from the top of the mountain in Cars was a picture in Andy's house in the first Toy Story. It's at the beginning of the "Strange Things" musical montage, and you see Woody "riding through the desert" and then the camera pulls out to show that it's Woody on Andy's shoulders in front of a painting on the wall of a desert.

Can anyone with Toy Story on video/DVD check on that one?

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom