Anyone new updates about changes to Imagination.

Epcotfan4567

Banned
Original Poster
I mean can anyone please confirm this before the year is over because has of right now nothing is more pathetic than the current incarnation but the one before it was even worse.

French Quarter

I'm just wondering what rumours you have heard. I'm a little behind on my Disney news and this is the first I've heard of changes to Imagination. I kind of like it now but it could definitely use some improvements.

aladdin2007

Theres been plans drawn up, but no time frame is known. I wouldnt expect anything anytime soon. Although who knows they could surprise us but probably nothing will happen this year.

David S.

The original Figment ride is my favorite attraction in the history of Epcot!

I did not care for the second version, and I was glad that they at least acknowledged their mistake enough to put Figment back in the ride and bring back the catchy and addictive "One Little Spark" theme song.

The current version, now that cute-as-a-button Figment and his song are back, is my favorite attraction in current Epcot, and second favorite in the history of Epcot!

I would like to see the original brought back, but to me the current version is "bad" only in the context of not being as good as the original.

If I had never seen the original, the current version would be my all-time Epcot favorite!

aladdin2007

No nothing has been leaked, and very little is known, but Imagineering does have ideas in place. Its TDO thats the issue, and maybe Kodak.

raven

Theres been plans drawn up, but no time frame is known. I wouldnt expect anything anytime soon. Although who knows they could surprise us but probably nothing will happen this year.

No nothing has been leaked, and very little is known, but Imagineering does have ideas in place. Its TDO thats the issue, and maybe Kodak.

Are these plans just blue sky concepts? I haven't seen anything concrete enough on Imag to call it a "plan."

aladdin2007

Are these plans just blue sky concepts? I haven't seen anything concrete enough on Imag to call it a "plan."

Theyve had several different scenarios in place, but yes nothing concrete to call it a cement plan. Its changed a few times and probably will again. But Imagineering does want to change it, its the other parties, you know.

raven

Theyve had several different scenarios in place, but yes nothing concrete to call it a cement plan. Its changed a few times and probably will again. But Imagineering does want to change it, its the other parties, you know.

I understand that WDi can come up with many different ideas for atractions, stores, resorts, parks, ect. but it's all just blue sky until it's actually voted on by the place where they are to be installed. But this is the first I've even heard about Imag and haven't seen ANY blue sky concepts as of yet. Just wondering where you heard it from.

aladdin2007

I understand that WDi can come up with many different ideas for atractions, stores, resorts, parks, ect. but it's all just blue sky until it's actually voted on by the place where they are to be installed. But this is the first I've even heard about Imag and haven't seen ANY blue sky concepts as of yet. Just wondering where you heard it from.[/QUOTE

I may have worded the info incorrectly, I guess the best word is more "bluesky",,but I was under the impression from the one contact I have that one of the ideas was coming along well, the problem is a greenlight. I guess "plan" was the wrong word to use. Sorry about that.

the-reason14

The original Figment ride is my favorite attraction in the history of Epcot!

I did not care for the second version, and I was glad that they at least acknowledged their mistake enough to put Figment back in the ride and bring back the catchy and addictive "One Little Spark" theme song.

The current version, now that cute-as-a-button Figment and his song are back, is my favorite attraction in current Epcot, and second favorite in the history of Epcot!

I would like to see the original brought back, but to me the current version is "bad" only in the context of not being as good as the original.

If I had never seen the original, the current version would be my all-time Epcot favorite!

I agree! I used to love the old imagination. I remember back in 1995 ish, I was young and didn't want to do HISTA, so me and my dad just rode imagination over and over again while my mom and the rest of my family saw HISTA. It was truly a gem of epcot.

As far as the current version, it's ok. But what makes it sad is knowing what was there before. I don't like that you're going sideways 95% of the time. That's cheap imo. I think the second version of the ride was a little better than the current third one just because it was a little unique. It lacked that "spark"(my first clever pun :)) that the first one had and the current one somewhat has. But I still think the second version is a little bit better than this one. I do hope that they upgrade it asap, although I don't see how they could extend the track to make it as long as the original, but I hope it gets some tlc.

raven

may have worded the info incorrectly, I guess the best word is more "bluesky",,but I was under the impression from the one contact I have that one of the ideas was coming along well, the problem is a greenlight. I guess "plan" was the wrong word to use. Sorry about that.

Do you know if your contact is reliable or could they be just BSing you? Not to put any pressure on the situation but it's like a game of telephone: sometimes the information gets changed the further down the line it gets. In the meantime I will try to find these concepts. :wave:

aladdin2007

Do you know if your contact is reliable or could they be just BSing you? Not to put any pressure on the situation but it's like a game of telephone: sometimes the information gets changed the further down the line it gets. In the meantime I will try to find these concepts. :wave:

Very true, I agree and understand. I dont think they are BSing me, but they certainly could be wrong. Hopefully not, I mean I do hope the horrible thing gets changed. This info came from around June, so its not that far back. But by now it could be all together different. I'll try and ask for more info. :)

aladdin2007

I agree! I used to love the old imagination. I remember back in 1995 ish, I was young and didn't want to do HISTA, so me and my dad just rode imagination over and over again while my mom and the rest of my family saw HISTA. It was truly a gem of epcot.

As far as the current version, it's ok. But what makes it sad is knowing what was there before. I don't like that you're going sideways 95% of the time. That's cheap imo. I think the second version of the ride was a little better than the current third one just because it was a little unique. It lacked that "spark"(my first clever pun :)) that the first one had and the current one somewhat has. But I still think the second version is a little bit better than this one. I do hope that they upgrade it asap, although I don't see how they could extend the track to make it as long as the original, but I hope it gets some tlc.

Agree I miss 360 immersive rooms, not one sided save money and only do sets on one side, blank walls behind you, which by the way are way too noticeable in this version.

Kamikaze

I understand that WDi can come up with many different ideas for atractions, stores, resorts, parks, ect. but it's all just blue sky until it's actually voted on by the place where they are to be installed. But this is the first I've even heard about Imag and haven't seen ANY blue sky concepts as of yet. Just wondering where you heard it from.

He heard it from this board.

I remember seeing some one on this site once say that there was an idea for JIYI4 would have something to do with Dream Finder coming to help show Eric Idle's character the importance of imagination, granted this could have just been someone saying what they would like to see lol.

Anyway. From what I understand is that the old track is still under the floor of the new image works and that all they would need to do is rip up the floor in there and they could still use the old track. Which would be amazing!

I also remember that Disney goofed once and put the information for the old image works on their website. Which made a lot of the fan boys around here (including myself) very exciting thinking that maybe they were going to re-open the Rainbow Tunnels, which would have been very awesome lol.

But that is what I would love to see, have them take out this horrible version of the ride and image works, move image works back upstairs, and than make the ride longer again. I love the Imagination Insititute idea and think they should keep that but some how blend the ideas of the original ride more.

The only reason I like the ride as it is now is that there is never a line lol

TheDisneyMagic

Over the last two months I have probably been on that attraction 20 - 30 times, it is such a shame when you hear comments such as "This is the most boring ride I have ever been on" "What am I doing here" and a common one "When the heck did they do to this!" Just a shame the right ears are not hearing these statements enough.

I am a huge fan of the original and do feel a little sad of what has become of the pavilion, on the other hand Figment will always be my favourite character, he was the first Character I ever met and the first plush toy I was ever bought hence the amount of times I can sit through the thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom