Anyone know why Spaceship Earth's "Choose your own Tomorrow" endings have been removed?

Goofyernmost

From my experience, it seems like they're having trouble with the flash. When it doesn't fire, the picture is all black. The computer sees this as "no photo", and just puts in generic animated figures. Whenever it's failed on me, it's been because the flash didn't fire.
I've had that happen once and it had flashed I remember it because I was making a face and was all excited about how cool I must have looked. (or maybe it didn't like my face) I'm sure it wasn't because I was naked. Oops, had I failed to mention that?
If I had been naked the place would still be covered in yellow crime scene tape.:depressed:

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From my experience, it seems like they're having trouble with the flash. When it doesn't fire, the picture is all black. The computer sees this as "no photo", and just puts in generic animated figures. Whenever it's failed on me, it's been because the flash didn't fire.
There was an underlying problem with obsolete technology that caused the whole system to fail. It's quite a complex wireless network running the photo capture and tracking and sending it around the building. Nine years is a long time for technology!

Good to hear it seems to be fixed.

Goofyernmost

What are the chances of the refurb we all have been hoping for? Making that descent a thing of awe-inspiring beauty again. @marni1971
Again? In my opinion and others as well, it has never been awe inspiring. Interesting at times, boring at others. At least the current one keeps me amused as I fall backwards over a cliff to my instantaneous death when we hit that bottom.

Haymarket2008

Again? In my opinion and others as well, it has never been awe inspiring. Interesting at times, boring at others. At least the current one keeps me amused as I fall backwards over a cliff to my instantaneous death when we hit that bottom.

In my opinion, it was. I grew up with the 94 version and it blew my mind. Wonderfully executed. Quintessentially Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom