Anyone know why Spaceship Earth's "Choose your own Tomorrow" endings have been removed?

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
I noticed about a month or so ago the cameras for the finale future segment of the ride were not operating, this happened multiple times so it most likely was not an error of my face not being recognized. About two weeks ago I noticed the entire "Make sure your face is in clear view of the camera" and "Thanks! Sending photo to the future" script/audio segment is no longer being played but the screen and flash still operate. The stock generic faces are being used ALWAYS for me now and it's a bit annoying. Anyone knoe why/when/how this happened? Did the cameras break? What Happened?

jessfriends

I was there in April 2016 and October 2016 and had problems with this. In April my face was not fully captured and had black spots where parts were missing. In early October I rode about 4 times and never saw my face just the cartoon stock photos.

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
I was there in April 2016 and October 2016 and had problems with this. In April my face was not fully captured and had black spots where parts were missing. In early October I rode about 4 times and never saw my face just the cartoon stock photos.
I have had issues with that before too, but it was not registering at all for me for my last 5 or so visits to EPCOT, two weeks ago they turned off the script that told you to look at the camera so I thought the system broke.

jessfriends

I have had issues with that before too, but it was not registering at all for me for my last 5 or so visits to EPCOT, two weeks ago they turned off the script that told you to look at the camera so I thought the system broke.

The script was still on for me so maybe the whole system is now down or they finally just turned it off until it can be fixed.

andy773

I rode it october 5 and it didn't take our pics; just used animations. Rode it again the Saturday after hurricane Matthew (october 8) and it took our pics just fine.

Sonic Sunglasses

I rode it october 5 and it didn't take our pics; just used animations. Rode it again the Saturday after hurricane Matthew (october 8) and it took our pics just fine.
I rode it on the 10th, and it worked for my group. But I overheard others saying it didn't for them.

Wow, it's been a month since I was at Epcot? It seems a lot longer...

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
It was working fine this past Saturday (Nov 5) but wasn't working the Saturday prior (Oct 29). Oddly enough, the audio for the Renaissance scene and the Extra! Extra! scene weren't functioning correctly.

I'll be there this weekend and see how it goes this time around.

Goofyernmost

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought we were finally getting the good news that they were replacing the screen-based ending. Never mind.
Except for a few shadow boxes the old one was pretty much screen based, just a bigger screen on the walls along side of you instead of in front of you. If I recall correctly most of the bigger ones set scenes were incorporated with the big blue marble, as seen from space, area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Except for a few shadow boxes the old one was pretty much screen based, just a bigger screen on the walls along side of you instead of in front of you. If I recall correctly most of the bigger ones set scenes were incorporated with the big blue marble, as seen from space, area.
I'm afraid your memory fails. With respect. The 94 version was mainly show sets. 82 and 86 had show sets, projections, lasers, and all on a much bigger scale than a tv screen in front of your nose and chicken wire above your head.

danyoung56

From my experience, it seems like they're having trouble with the flash. When it doesn't fire, the picture is all black. The computer sees this as "no photo", and just puts in generic animated figures. Whenever it's failed on me, it's been because the flash didn't fire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom