Anyone in December?

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I've seen tons of posts from folks vacationing in October and November who have said they've gotten the ability to customize their bands and make their FP+ reservations. It seems at this point, as is covered in some other threads, pretty much everyone (every resort) is being added to the "test" in those months (i.e. I've yet to see someone who has posted they are going in Oct/Nov and weren't able to). I understand that in a lot of cases no notification was received and the option was simply open on MDE.

As of yesterday folks arriving 12/1 were able to start checking in online. Today, I was able to (12/2 arrival). Curious if anyone out there arriving 12/1 (or later) has been able to participate in MM+ yet? I'm being very impatient about it all. HAH! :D

EDIT: I read an article on another site this morning that stated testing ends 11/30 and full go-live begins 12/31. I took that to mean that those checking in 12/1-12/30 may not be able to participate. I assume if that's the case it's to switch things over to a permanent production system. Still, I'm hoping the article was wrong or I misunderstood.
NOTE: The article now says 12/1 but I am sure it said 12/31 originally. Still the author of the article states it's an assumption and not anything they learned officially.

EDIT 2: When asking about the possibility for 12/2 arrivals to participate and mentioning the article/information this was the response I received from Disney:

You are correct that testing currently ends on November 30th. However there has been no date confirmed as of yet as to if the test will continue or it will be released to the general public. Any information you may see on third party websites and blogs are not valid. It is possible that either we will extend the testing out through December or even released it by your trip but it is not guaranteed.

We anticipate MyMagic+ will be available to all Walt Disney World Guests over the next several months. Please continue to watch the Disney Parks blog and MyDisneyExperience.com for updates.

Last edited:

Tomorrow land Tom

I am at the wonderful world in the last week of November first week of December. I don't know if it's of any help but I've managed to get my bands for the whole holiday running into December so there will probably be something for you :) enjoy your trip

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Read an article on another site this morning that testing ends 11/30 and full roll out begins 12/31. I read that as meaning those of us arriving in December won't be able to do either and I'm hoping that's wrong.

WDWDad13

does it become active 60 days prior to your trip or 80 days? read some in Dec were able to do this? very strange

Tigger19

I'm going in December but haven't heard anything yet about magic bands. I did, however, get the new plastic tickets which I hope means we can use fastpass +. It has come up as an option for me to select Fastpass + attractions but I haven't tried it yet. I really hope we can!

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
does it become active 60 days prior to your trip or 80 days? read some in Dec were able to do this? very strange
Well thus far everything I've seen has been once folks did online check-in (which you can't do until the 60 day mark). I checked in yesterday but still can't. I'd love to see someone who checks-in in December speak up to say they were able to because at least then I'll have some hope but I'm sad that I'm on day 59 and still can't. :(

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I'm going in December but haven't heard anything yet about magic bands. I did, however, get the new plastic tickets which I hope means we can use fastpass +. It has come up as an option for me to select Fastpass + attractions but I haven't tried it yet. I really hope we can!
If by "plastic tickets" you're referring to the Key to the World Card, that's actually the "old" technology (they've been using those for years). If you've been prompted to select FP+ and are arriving in December that's good news. I'd be curious to see if it lets you once you're in. The only prompt I get is to make sure I've linked my family and tickets so when it goes go live I'm ready.

WDWDad13

Well thus far everything I've seen has been once folks did online check-in (which you can't do until the 60 day mark). I checked in yesterday but still can't. I'd love to see someone who checks-in in December speak up to say they were able to because at least then I'll have some hope but I'm sad that I'm on day 59 and still can't. :(

I haven't even seen how to order a magic band yet - I'm 67 days out... does this mean at the 60 mark I should be able to?

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I haven't even seen how to order a magic band yet - I'm 67 days out... does this mean at the 60 mark I should be able to?
Well I'm 59 days out and still can't so the answer to that question from my POV is no. The idea is once you're able, you click the Magic Bands link under MDE and you'll be taken through the customization process (vs. just seeing your KTTW cards listed). The article I read this morning said testing ends 11/30 and full go-live is 12/31 so I can't help but wonder if those of us arriving in December are stuck in the old process. I guess we'll see. Now that I've checked in on-line though I'm going to check every day to see if clicking those links yields results.

Amy Shelton

Waiting on December 15th! I did find promising news on portorleans.org though,saying that now all who check into either Riverside or French Quarter will be getting a Magicband! I originally thought that it was only Riverside! Woo! Here's hoping!

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
I think the article posted on the WDW Magic main site confirmed that pretty much all resorts are included as part of the test however the concern is now (as mentioned above) multiple sources stating that testing ends with those checking in on 11/30 and full rollout begins with those checking in on 12/31. I read that as meaning those of us checking in 12/1-12/30 won't get in on the fun. I'm hoping I'm wrong!! :D

meyeet

We're 38 days out today and just saw the customization of magic bands available on MDX. No emails or anything just visited the site and found the option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom