Anyone have any info on Disney Rewards?

kik4adog

Original Poster
I was thinking about signing up for the Chase Disney Visa JUST for the Disney rewards.
I know that you get 1 Disney rewards point for every $100 spent on the card but does anyone know how many Disney rewards points you have to accrue to get discounts at the Resorts? Particularly the deluxe resorts.

I've searched the net but can't find any resources that give specifics on this.
Any info would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance....I love this site...I always get the best info from the message boards here!
~Bryan~

pooh fan 13

1 reward point = 1 dollar, so depending on how many points you accrue, that's how many dollars you can apply to things like park tickets, hotels, souvenirs, etc. I have the card and I use it all the time. Sometimes they also offer ways to earn double or triple points.

Hope this helps! :)

Eljay

This should only be considered if you pay your balance each billing cycle. If you are paying interest, it defeats the purpose.
When you are ready to use the Reward Dollars, you have them transferred onto what looks like a gift card. You present the gift card at stores & restaurants or use it to make reservations. Say for instance that you have $100 on the gift card, you call for your reservation and tell them that you would like to apply $100 from your gift card and the balance on your Disney Visa. If you have $100 on the gift card and you present it at a WDW restaurant to pay a $25 tab, the card comes back with a reciept showing that you now have $75 left on the card.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I love to use my Disney visa card. I think I have 120 points so far and I used all my points last December..I usually spend around $1200/month which is 12 points. It adds up quick. Last year I had 150 points to use and I just took it off my ticket purchase. :)

tink81

kik4adog said:
I was thinking about signing up for the Chase Disney Visa JUST for the Disney rewards.
I know that you get 1 Disney rewards point for every $100 spent on the card but does anyone know how many Disney rewards points you have to accrue to get discounts at the Resorts? Particularly the deluxe resorts.

I've searched the net but can't find any resources that give specifics on this.
Any info would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance....I love this site...I always get the best info from the message boards here!
~Bryan~

Welcome, kik!

You are correct by saying $100 earns you 1 Disney Reward Dollar. Not sure what you mean by accruing Rewards Dollars to get discounts, your Rewards Dollars are yours to accrue and spend as you see fit. Occasionally, there will be promotions that are only for Disney Visa Crad holders and you can access these at the Chase cardmember services site. So to recap, your Reward Dollars don't earn you discounts, they are just there to keep accruing and need to be transferred to a Disney Rewards Card which can then be used at a number of locations. You do need to have a minimun of $25 Reward Dollars earned to transfer, though. Hope this clears things up!:wave:

KCBroadway

My husband and I had like 120 points and they came in very handy for afternoon lunch/snacks in the park. We ended up having some left at the end of the trip and used them towards souvenirs. They're good almost everywhere at Disney.

kik4adog

Original Poster
thanks for all the info

Thanks again for all the info.
I am definitely clear on how it works now.
I thought that you got a free night at a select resort for a certain amount of points or something like that.

I didn't realize that the points actually translate into Disey dollars that you can spend anywhere at Disney World or Disneyland.

Since I have a wedding/honeymoon comign up I was thinking about charging all of the wedding charges to it and then paying it off right away and hopefully getting a free night's stay at the polynesian but I'd have to charge like $30,000 by October.

It's still a good deal to consider for the future though.

thanks again.
~Bryan~

autumndawn1006

kik4adog said:
Since I have a wedding/honeymoon comign up I was thinking about charging all of the wedding charges to it and then paying it off right away and hopefully getting a free night's stay at the polynesian but I'd have to charge like $30,000 by October.

~Bryan~

Depending on who you are letting plan the wedding, you just might.:animwink:

RealHawker

Think of it like this.

It's a discover card.... %1 cash back,

But instead of you getting the cash back, you get a disney gift certificate for that %1. It's a "cute" card, and I don't see myself earning more than 50 DD's a year on it.

good things about it...

1) nice initial intrest rate....
2) If you pay for your Disney Vacation with it, it's 6 months no payments, no interest.

Tom

Beta Return
I have purged my wallet of all other credit cards besides my regular Chase (Bank One) Debit Card and my Chase Disney Visa!

I paid the down payment on my new couch on the card, and paid it off this year....I bought a ton of stuff for my new house on it and paid most of that balance....and I paid for our ENTIRE trip (all 6 people) on my card, then as they wrote me checks, I paid that part off. My part is still sitting on the card because I have 6 months of interest free Vacation Packages - WOOO!

I had about $120 in Disney Dollars to use on the trip. I bought souvenirs, paid for some of my chocolate cake breakfasts at the Riverside Mill, and some snacks in the parks.

ALSO...and this was news to me....but if you shop at..uh...the big Disney Store in DTD (Wonderful World of Disney?), you get 10% off your purchases! NICE!

I recommed the Disney Visa to anyone who goes there every year or two, at least, and can use it as their primary CC through the rest of the year (and are good about paying balances!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom