Anyone Going the First Week of December?

21stamps

We will be there on 11/25 (the Swan), returning on 12/3-12/7 staying at CR.

Anyone else going during that time and also anxiously awaiting F! and Candlelight Processional packages?

Mal

Yay on your reservation! I'm still hoping for 2 more. But giving up until closer to travel.

This is the farthest in advance that I have ever planned a trip in my life!!! It's almost worse than 2 months out. Too much time to stress and plan. The worst part- I booked DCL bc I wanted to take kiddo on a 'less hectic Disney experience'. Then I thought, well, we'll already be flying into MCO, we could do a couple of nights at WDW to see the Christmas stuff. Now I'm at 6 nights and the planning for WDW has taken over everything else that we're doing this year. I'm going crazy.lol

You aren't kidding! We're doing a full week at WDW for the first time, and I sort of thought I had an idea of how crazy the planning was going to be, but it is way more stressful than I thought! If I had a dollar for every time I've been on Disney's website, this website, or the MDE app in the last month, I'd be able to more than pay for the whole trip! The only reservation I wasn't able to get (now that I got our check-in day dinner) was a Fantasmic Hollywood & Vine, but I figure that'll be one I have to wait until week of probably. We have a regular reservation and could just wait in line, but I did like the idea of just having it all squared away. And then I am still undecided on what to do with our Animal Kingdom day depending on what sort of nighttime entertainment is happening.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
You aren't kidding! We're doing a full week at WDW for the first time, and I sort of thought I had an idea of how crazy the planning was going to be, but it is way more stressful than I thought! If I had a dollar for every time I've been on Disney's website, this website, or the MDE app in the last month, I'd be able to more than pay for the whole trip! The only reservation I wasn't able to get (now that I got our check-in day dinner) was a Fantasmic Hollywood & Vine, but I figure that'll be one I have to wait until week of probably. We have a regular reservation and could just wait in line, but I did like the idea of just having it all squared away. And then I am still undecided on what to do with our Animal Kingdom day depending on what sort of nighttime entertainment is happening.
If you can get the H&V f! Package definitely snag it. I think you will be able to.
The best part about it is you really don't need to arrive early to show.. We arrived 10 minutes prior (here is the pic of our seats). What made it truly wonderful is that everyone else is already there, so during that half hour or so we were able to ride ToT 4 or 5 consecutive times with no wait!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 0

Mal

Oh man! That is a great view!! I'll keep checking! Hopefully we'll be able to snag one! Not to mention I LOVE the idea of getting to ride Tower of Terror during what would otherwise be waiting in line time!

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
Oh man! That is a great view!! I'll keep checking! Hopefully we'll be able to snag one! Not to mention I LOVE the idea of getting to ride Tower of Terror during what would otherwise be waiting in line time!
You will! I'm pretty sure you can do lunch or dinner. I booked 65 days out last time and got everything except for a Pirate Adventure Cruise. Reserved that at 184 day mark this time..not missing it again!

Upvote 0

Dylan Ann

Just wanted to let anybody else know, I checked again today for Candlelight Dinner Packages, and they're available! Got us a table on 12/7 at Via Napoli for the 6:45 Candlelight Processional! Can't wait to see who our narrator will be!

Thanks so much for the heads up! I booked lunch at Restaurant Marrakesh on 12/12 - that was the last reservation I had to make, besides tickets to MVMCP. Excited to see who will be the narrator that night - Meredith Vierra is 12/13-12/15, so I felt ok taking my chances with someone else on 12/12.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
I got my Fantasmic package with an 11am reservation at H&V
I think the reason why dinner was delayed, and a little more tough to get, is because it is the Minnie's Holiday Dine meal.
Thanks so much for the heads up! I booked lunch at Restaurant Marrakesh on 12/12 - that was the last reservation I had to make, besides tickets to MVMCP. Excited to see who will be the narrator that night - Meredith Vierra is 12/13-12/15, so I felt ok taking my chances with someone else on 12/12.
I have Restaurant Marrakesh booked on Black Friday. Hoping to switch to Garden Grill though. I'm really excited to see who the narrator will be as well! My reservations are almost complete...still hoping for Chef Mickey's on our arrival day.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I think the reason why dinner was delayed, and a little more tough to get, is because it is the Minnie's Holiday Dine meal.

I have Restaurant Marrakesh booked on Black Friday. Hoping to switch to Garden Grill though. I'm really excited to see who the narrator will be as well! My reservations are almost complete...still hoping for Chef Mickey's on our arrival day.
I'm going to call and find out, because I'd already had a normal dinner reservation at H&V for 4:20pm on December 4. I'm going to see if they can get me the pass to the show.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
I'm going to call and find out, because I'd already had a normal dinner reservation at H&V for 4:20pm on December 4. I'm going to see if they can get me the pass to the show.
You can also use Touring Plans website. I just found out about it recently! You choose day/time frame and what restaurant you want- then they will text and email you if it becomes available. I signed up, for the "free membership" only, and you get to put in 2 requests at a time that way.

Upvote 0

Mal

I think that's definitely it. We have a 5:40pm regular Hollywood & Vine reservation right now since there were no Fantasmic packages available for dinner. I also looked at last year's schedule, and every Friday in December ended up with a second Fantasmic show, so I'm hoping if I never do end up swapping for a dinner package that we can at least keep the reservation we have and hit the second showing.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

You can also use Touring Plans website. I just found out about it recently! You choose day/time frame and what restaurant you want- then they will text and email you if it becomes available. I signed up, for the "free membership" only, and you get to put in 2 requests at a time that way.
I'll try that.

Here's what I'm trying to do, and can't figure out why it can't be done easily. I got the Fantasmic reservation for 11am at H&V on December 4, because that's all that was available for my HS day. Prior to that, when I made my regular ADRs I'd gotten a normal 4:20pm reservation for H&V. I'm trying to get them to just switch the voucher for the show over to my later reservation. I'd rather go to H&V later since that's when the Minnie holiday dinner thing goes on.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
I'll try that.

Here's what I'm trying to do, and can't figure out why it can't be done easily. I got the Fantasmic reservation for 11am at H&V on December 4, because that's all that was available for my HS day. Prior to that, when I made my regular ADRs I'd gotten a normal 4:20pm reservation for H&V. I'm trying to get them to just switch the voucher for the show over to my later reservation. I'd rather go to H&V later since that's when the Minnie holiday dinner thing goes on.
Oh gotcha. Good luck..hopefully that will be an easy task, seems like a very reasonable request.

Upvote 0

Mal

@wdwmagic posted this earlier- just noticed it! A lot sooner than I expected! Totally bummed that I'm missing Neil Patrick Harris. Looks like my night is Stephen Curtis Chapman, or I could see Whoopi on the 3rd. What about you guys?

I was hoping for NPH too, but oh well! Our Epcot Day is the 7th, so we're smack in the middle of the TBA. I've never seen the Candlelight Processional before though, so I'm sure I'll love it no matter who it is though!

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
I was hoping for NPH too, but oh well! Our Epcot Day is the 7th, so we're smack in the middle of the TBA. I've never seen the Candlelight Processional before though, so I'm sure I'll love it no matter who it is though!
Yeah I've never heard of Stephen Curtis Chapman, but that's Black Friday - our Epcot day, I could switch for HS depending on how dining reservations go.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I'd come to watch if someone wild like Gary Busey was the reader!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom