Anyone Going the First Week of December?

21stamps

We will be there on 11/25 (the Swan), returning on 12/3-12/7 staying at CR.

Anyone else going during that time and also anxiously awaiting F! and Candlelight Processional packages?

bsiev1977

We will be there on 11/25 (the Swan), returning on 12/3-12/7 staying at CR.

Anyone else going during that time and also anxiously awaiting F! and Candlelight Processional packages?

I'll be there 12/2 through 12/10. I'm not sure about doing candlelight, but I'm waiting on Fantasmic packages, and the dining packages for the night show at AK.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
I'll be there 12/2 through 12/10. I'm not sure about doing candlelight, but I'm waiting on Fantasmic packages, and the dining packages for the night show at AK.
We are skipping AK this time. November 25th is just Epcot, HS, then back to Epcot for dinner and CP. The second leg I'm planning on MK twice- both party days, one day attending, the other leaving at 7, And then another HS/Epcot day for Fantasmic. Not doing parks on the 3rd, I think we'll need to reboot after the cruise, so just planning on monorail hopping and renting a watercraft if weather allows.

Is there anything else besides the Jungle Cruise that I should know about?

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

We are skipping AK this time. November 25th is just Epcot, HS, then back to Epcot for dinner and CP. The second leg I'm planning on MK twice- both party days, one day attending, the other leaving at 7, And then another HS/Epcot day for Fantasmic. Not doing parks on the 3rd, I think we'll need to reboot after the cruise, so just planning on monorail hopping and renting a watercraft if weather allows.

Is there anything else besides the Jungle Cruise that I should know about?

Jungle Cruise is the only ride that changes for the holidays. Otherwise, every park and hotel has some manner of Christmas decoration.
Each Epcot country does its own traditional holiday thing.

One thing to look for in particular are gingerbread buildings. Off the top of my head, last year I can remember seeing them in the Contemporary, in the rotunda area at American Experience in Epcot, and in the Land pavilion at Epcot upstairs near the Garden Grill. These are really elaborate pieces, and I can recall the one in the Contemporary had a sign next to it listing the amount of ingredients that went into making it.
image.jpeg

That's from the Contemporary last December

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
Jungle Cruise is the only ride that changes for the holidays. Otherwise, every park and hotel has some manner of Christmas decoration.
Each Epcot country does its own traditional holiday thing.

One thing to look for in particular are gingerbread buildings. Off the top of my head, last year I can remember seeing them in the Contemporary, in the rotunda area at American Experience in Epcot, and in the Land pavilion at Epcot upstairs near the Garden Grill. These are really elaborate pieces, and I can recall the one in the Contemporary had a sign next to it listing the amount of ingredients that went into making it.
View attachment 145607
That's from the Contemporary last December
Oh this makes me happy! I knew about the one in GF, and WL looks to have beautiful decorations, but I haven't seen anything that really look festive at CR, and was a little bummed about it. My son loved Poly, asks to return all of the time, but I chose the contemporary this trip for the view and being in the same building as monorail/food. Also because I didn't want to deal with kiddo begging to go down the volcano slide in winter.lol

We will definitely look out for these! Have you done the Holidays Around the World? Is it relatively easy to see the storytellers?

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Oh this makes me happy! I knew about the one in GF, and WL looks to have beautiful decorations, but I haven't seen anything that really look festive at CR, and was a little bummed about it. My son loved Poly, asks to return all of the time, but I chose the contemporary this trip for the view and being in the same building as monorail/food. Also because I didn't want to deal with kiddo begging to go down the volcano slide in winter.lol

We will definitely look out for these! Have you done the Holidays Around the World? Is it relatively easy to see the storytellers?

The story tellers at Epcot are easy to find, if that's what you mean. The only one that's a little tricky is United Kingdom. That one is located in the back of their area, in that square garden kinda area if that makes any sense. It's back where the Pooh and Tigger greet area used to be.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Original Poster
image.jpeg
The story tellers at Epcot are easy to find, if that's what you mean. The only one that's a little tricky is United Kingdom. That one is located in the back of their area, in that square garden kinda area if that makes any sense. It's back where the Pooh and Tigger greet area used to be.
Yes I know exactly where that is!
In this area? Or are they actually inside the room across the street?
I meant are they very crowded, or pretty easy to see?

Upvote 0

Labmommy

We are going Dec 1-6th and are staying at CBR. I'm so excitied to be going after almost 14 years since my last trip. Really looking forward to doing the Christmas party at magic kingdom. And seeing all the Christmas decorations. I was thinking of doing resort hopping the day we get there to see all the decorations!!

Upvote 0

Sloth_White

We are flying down on Thanksgiving and will be there through November 30th. I am so excited to see all the Christmas decorations and to attend MVMCP. Anxiously waiting on the Candlelight Processional announcement.

Maybe, just maybe, River of Light will be running! :p

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

We are flying down on Thanksgiving and will be there through November 30th. I am so excited to see all the Christmas decorations and to attend MVMCP. Anxiously waiting on the Candlelight Processional announcement.

Maybe, just maybe, River of Light will be running! :p
I'm not holding out hope for River of Light. I'm just excited to see Animal Kingdom at nighttime.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom