Anyone familiar with Tampa port/airport?

wizards8507

Original Poster
This isn't really a Disney Cruise Line question, but it's cruise-y enough, so I thought I'd post it here.

On my next trip we cruise out of Tampa (Carnival) after a week at WDW. We're renting a car to drive from WDW but the car return is at Tampa airport and we need to get to the seaport. I haven't found much in the way of helpful tips via Google so I was hoping someone could fill me in on the best way to get from the airport to the port.

ChuckElias

I honestly don't know, so I'm going to guess wildly anyway. :)

My guess is that the best way would be to take a taxi service OR find out whether the cruise line you're using (non-DCL lines and/or ships will remain nameless!! :p ) offers transfers from the airport to the ship's terminal. I know that there are several shuttle services that run between WDW, MCO, and Port Canaveral. The one I have used in the past is $55 from the airport to WDW and $85 (I think) from the Port to WDW. So you could check into a shuttle service.

How long is the cruise? If it's just a 3 or 4-night, it might be cheaper to simply keep the rental car and park it at the terminal.

Disneyfalcon

I'm guessing a car rental is still going to be cheapest. Is there a reason other than dropping off the car that you're going back to Tampa? If not, just drop off the car at one of the rental agencies at the port. Then when you disembark, have a one way rental back to Tampa set up. The car rental agencies will shuttle you to and from the rental loacation to the port. It's very quick.

devoy1701

This isn't really a Disney Cruise Line question, but it's cruise-y enough, so I thought I'd post it here.

On my next trip we cruise out of Tampa (Carnival) after a week at WDW. We're renting a car to drive from WDW but the car return is at Tampa airport and we need to get to the seaport. I haven't found much in the way of helpful tips via Google so I was hoping someone could fill me in on the best way to get from the airport to the port.

You're in luck.

I used to work for Carnival Cruise Lines coordinating arrivals/departures between the airport and cruise terminal in Tampa.

If you have a party larger than 2, your best bet is to get a taxi. It will cost about $25-30 to get from the airport to the Seaport and will take about 15-20 minutes. If it's during football season and your ship leaves on a Sunday than it could take longer because the RayJay is smack dab in between the Airport and Seaport. Though if I remember correctly the Legend is on a Saturday to Saturday schedule.

Even though you're not flying into Tampa, You can schedule a transfer directly through Carnival and not worry about finding your own transportation. Charter Buses are provided by Mears at a cost of $18 a person each way (atleast it was when I left 3 years ago) and they leave at regular intervals from about 10am - 4pm.

Your other option would be the SuperShuttle which was about $10 per person when I still worked for the cruiseline. So if you are only a party of 2, it works out to be slightly cheaper than the cab.

Then again, if you find someone else who is also going to the cruise terminal, wave down a Taxi Van and split the cost...you could get to the Cruise Terminal at about $12 total!

Hope this helps!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom