Anyone else thinks thr Jungle Cruise needs new jokes?

copcarguyp71

I think the jokes still hold up but the captains (at least the ones we have had lately) need to go back to school and learn how NOT to talk like they have marbles in their mouths. The past three times we rode JC we had female captains that "phoned it in" so badly that they were un-intelligible and it just sounded like mush mouth from Fat Albert (I am showing my age) was delivering the spiel. None of them seemed like they were having fun and that is one of those attractions much like TGMR at MGM where if the live action "guide" is not having fun then it seriously detracts from the experience for all of the guests.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I agree with the skipper comments. Skipper quality makes or breaks a cruise. A famous story in our family - When I was a young lad (this would be about 1980) we were on the JC with my dad's parents. My grandma got incredibly excited when the skipper said he was about to point out some of the plants (she's an avid gardener) and when he just pointed and said, "There's one, there's one, and there's another one" the crestfallen look on her face was priceless. She did laugh a second a later. Anyhoo, the problem with changing the jokes is not that people find them hilarious, but they've become part of the historical fabric of so many vacations. I do think the ride elements could use some updating and prettifying to use the technical terms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom