Anyone else skip the parades?

Hey all -

September will be my 4th trip and on two previous my party has insisted on watching the parades. I have to be honest...the parades are great but I'd much rather be doing something else (rides, character meet, etc.). I can totally live without them. I just don't feel the need to see them...will I be doing my 4 year old a disservice by not watching the parade? She seemed to enjoy the evening parade at MK last year (except for Ursula) but I think if she doesn't know what she's missing...any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

animay

I still like Spectromagic and the different cars in the MGM parade. However, I won't go out of my way to see either of them. If they're going by and I happen to end up a spot where I can see, then fine.

Upvote 0

Braves323

I think little kids enjoy the parades because of all the characters but as an adult I can do without the parades. If you do want to see them, I enjoy watching them from the bridge near Sleepy Hollow in the MK (Liberty Square). During the parades, I like to go over to FL and ride BTMRR and Splash. The lines are shorter because no one can get across to this area because of the parade.

Upvote 0

Flower'sChild

I skip the parades a lot so I can do other stuff. But I go to DisneyWorld so much, so I have lots of chances to see the parade. Many times I just like to do other stuff like go on rides and I like to play with the characters and all that. But at times I will watch the parades.

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I'm not a big parade fan.

When we were there in early December 2001 (so shortly after 9/11) they were filming a christmas parade, and Frontierland was absolutely EMPTY.

It was eerie.

Upvote 0

Nicole

I am a parade fan. Spectro is my favorite right now, with Jammin Jungle a very close second.

I've been fortunate to go to WDW enough times that hitting all the rides isn't necessarily my first priority. I enjoy the parades and shows more these days, I think.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I skip both SADCT & Spectro...but MY reason for it is that when I worked @ Disney I saw both parades at least 100x and I'm sick of them! :lol:

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

We normally skip the afternoon parade and try to see Spectro once during our visit. One visit we didn't watch Spectro (by accident) but we saw it from the top of Splash. After we got off, we decided to check out the wait for Splash, and walked on it again, literally walked all the way up to the loading area and had a boat waiting for us there. This was during Spring Break too, so ever since then we try and see it once, then take advantage of shorter lines.

Upvote 0

GenerationX

We are not parade people, either. We may watch some of the nighttime parade at MK while waiting in line for a Mickey Ice Cream Bar, but that's about it.

Upvote 0

RedBaron

I personally hate parades in general and will do anything in my power to try to avoid the Main Street parade during the day. I think I would even be happier riding Dumbo than standing there in the heat . I would probably try to ask/convince my 4 year old "would'nt you rather do ..... than watch the parade?" Hopefully you will win this battle without any tears, if not you may just have to suffer through it. :dazzle:

Upvote 0

Gucci65

shoppingnut said:
I also like this one very much too.

Okay shoppingnut - I'm curious --- what makes this parade so good?

Maybe I will actually sit down and watch it. Has it changed in the last 3 years? Is it the music you like OR the characters from FOTLK? I'm serious - sell me on this parade.

Upvote 0

kennygman

We always catch one viewing of each parade. The pictures of my children's reactions to the characters are priceless. Each time at least one of my kids gets some kind of little trinket from a character walking the route too.

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

We have to catch the parades at least one time each park while we visit. I think all of them are great . We really miss the one they had at Epcot a few years ago I wish it would come back that was by far my favorite.

Upvote 0

PeeplMoovr

There are parades at Disney?:lol:

After Main St. Electrical Parade and Tapestry in EPCOT went bye-bye, I stopped watching parades.

Sometimes I catch a bit of Spectromagic from the top of the big drop in Splash Mountain, of course.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I think why I like the AK parade better than most is because the parade vehicles are lower to the ground, so you see them better and can really look them over to find all the hidden extra's. I also like the use of the animals (even if they are fake) and it does have some best aspects of the EPCOT Tapestry incorporated into it, it has stilt walkers and things, there are at least 4 spots where they choose guests to ride in it which compared to most others it's only one and it isn't overly long.

I know that when they change this parade over to the Jammin' Jingle for xmas I make sure I see it at least once when I'm down at that time because I really like how they made it christmasie working with what they had.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom