Anyone else see this?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It would depend when you are doing it. I had friends go to Universal last Summer. On the day they went Express Pass was $300.00.
Like I said, my last stay was at the Portofinio and just having the Express Pass included made the stay worth it to me. If you stayed at
Endless Summer though and then paid an additional $200 or $300 for Express Pass, to me, not really worth it. Also don't think Disney
never has any deals. They do. Like I said depending when and how you are doing it either resort can be great if you plan.
Most people in the park don’t have express pass…there’s that too. It’s more of a convenience item than what we’re used to at wdw for the last 8 years or so when the standby lines ceased to move 10 feet an hour

Tom Morrow

A problem with Express is: that the busier the park is > the more people buy Express > the more Express backs up the standby queue > the more you need Express

Conversely, Disney's Genie+ jams the lines regardless of how busy the park is. Trust me, there are definitely times when Express slows the standby line to a crawl, and that does suck knowing that the price of one Express can be more than your admission ticket AND that Universal only promises "up to 50% of the standby wait time" vs. Disney's ballpark goal of ~15 minutes.

SpectreJordan

I don’t think really think a third Potter land & a How To Train Your Dragon land are the best ideas. Especially since I think Nintendo & classic Monsters are amazing ideas.

The Dragon land is particularly confusing since that series was never a mega hit. A Dreamworks land with one Dragon ride would’ve made more sense.

But if the rides & theming are good, I won’t be complaining. I wasn’t too hot on the idea of an Avatar land but that area is better than the actual movie. 🤷

macefamily

A problem with Express is: that the busier the park is > the more people buy Express > the more Express backs up the standby queue > the more you need Express

Conversely, Disney's Genie+ jams the lines regardless of how busy the park is. Trust me, there are definitely times when Express slows the standby line to a crawl, and that does suck knowing that the price of one Express can be more than your admission ticket AND that Universal only promises "up to 50% of the standby wait time" vs. Disney's ballpark goal of ~15 minutes.

We've experienced the Universal Express Perfect Storm. When we returned to the parks in September 2020, our first visit was crazy. Everyone was ready to get back and Universal was like the wild west. There were five stand-by lines closed by 1:00 PM because there was an over-supply of Express passes out there. The Express lines were over an hour ! We stayed in the parks for 3 hours, did MIB, and left for our hotel pool.

Magenta Panther

I don’t think really think a third Potter land & a How To Train Your Dragon land are the best ideas. Especially since I think Nintendo & classic Monsters are amazing ideas.

The Dragon land is particularly confusing since that series was never a mega hit. A Dreamworks land with one Dragon ride would’ve made more sense.

But if the rides & theming are good, I won’t be complaining. I wasn’t too hot on the idea of an Avatar land but that area is better than the actual movie. 🤷

Well, if Uni builds really good AA dragons, and goes heavy on the Viking motif, the land could be amazing. We'll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom