Anyone else having trouble linking UT tickets to MDE?

Spry mom

Original Poster
I ordered my tickets from Undercover Tourist. I linked them to MDE, but they don't show up under "My Reservations-tickets & passes" therefor not allowing me to use FP+. They do show up in the magic bands & cards section. It shows them as "admission cards" and as"active", but doesn't show for how many days or anything. If I try to link them again it states they "are already linked to an account". Anyone else have this problem? I guess I'll be calling Disney and/or UT this afternoon. I didn't have any problem with my MNSSHP tickets and FP+ for that day.

Tom

Beta Return
I ordered my tickets from Undercover Tourist. I linked them to MDE, but they don't show up under "My Reservations-tickets & passes" therefor not allowing me to use FP+. They do show up in the magic bands & cards section. It shows them as "admission cards" and as"active", but doesn't show for how many days or anything. If I try to link them again it states they "are already linked to an account". Anyone else have this problem? I guess I'll be calling Disney and/or UT this afternoon. I didn't have any problem with my MNSSHP tickets and FP+ for that day.

Which Disney Resort are you staying at, and what dates?

It could be that you're not staying at one of the eligible resorts, or you're traveling after October. Those dates aren't officially eligible yet.

Spry mom

Original Poster
Which Disney Resort are you staying at, and what dates?

It could be that you're not staying at one of the eligible resorts, or you're traveling after October. Those dates aren't officially eligible yet.

We are staying at AKL Kidani October 13-20. We are eligible, we received our magic bands and our letter yesterday. I'm not sure if this is a Disney problem or a UT problem.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Have not been able to link our Premium Annual Passes since the introduction of MyDisney(BAD)Experience, Have had them for years so ... Old passes incompatible with new system so you have to re-buy instead of renew???

Jeffxz

I'm having the same problem, UT tickets that show up under bands and cards, but not under tickets. They are green icons listed as "Admission Media" but when trying to select FP+ the friends assigned to those tickets I get a message next to their names that says "Needs valid admission media".

I called about it the evening of the 16th and the person on the phone said they would have to refer it to the development team and I should get a follow up email in a few days. I haven't gotten anything yet and will probably call again tonight.

Can you update us if you make any progress?

Spry mom

Original Poster
I finally called about my tickets not showing up in the "tickets & passes" section. I called the DVC number since that was the number on the invitation letter to call if we needed any help. The person I talked to didn't know, so he called his supervisor, who also didn't know. Then he contacted someone from IT technical support and connected me to her. She said she should be able to fix the problem, but it may take up to 2 weeks. We arrive in just under 3 weeks. She also stated that if it wasn't taken care of by the time we checked in, they could do it at registration and also help with fast pass selections. She will email me when the problem is resolved. I have already completed the online check-in, but it sounds like it may not be as quick and easy to check-in as I had hoped. I guess we will get to see how it all works once we get there, but may not get to pick our fast passes until they day of arrival or a week in advance at most.

Spry mom

Original Poster
I'm having the same problem, UT tickets that show up under bands and cards, but not under tickets. They are green icons listed as "Admission Media" but when trying to select FP+ the friends assigned to those tickets I get a message next to their names that says "Needs valid admission media".

I called about it the evening of the 16th and the person on the phone said they would have to refer it to the development team and I should get a follow up email in a few days. I haven't gotten anything yet and will probably call again tonight.

Have you heard anymore? I am wondering if I will get an email saying the problem is fixed or if I will have to do it at check-in.

docdebbi

Just to share my experiences.
First, we had no trouble linking my brother's family's tickets from undercover tourist, so I am not sure that is the source of your problem. Although I couldn't get them to go in with the number on them, I had to use the scanner to scan that little square box thing whose name I never remember, but then they went in and I have made lots of FP reservations with them.
Second, yeah, we are all in Trouble if we need IT help. Somehow, MDE has decided to create extra people for us under my family and friends profile- including someone with my name and the title of Doctor, but she is only two years old! Really bright child that one! And they changed the names of folks who are getting magic bands, so now my mini-me is getting my sister in laws band. What a mess, so I spoke to IT, they told me they have no idea how long it will take until they get to it, should be an easy fix, but they are so backlogged it may be weeks. I told them that the magic bands were being send last week and will be wrong, they said nothing they can do, that I will have to get new ones sent to me when it gets straightened out.
Not so magical an experience! I have no idea what happens to the FP I got for folks that are assigned to the wrong people. But bottom line, you are not getting your mess straightened out quickly. we have been waiting two weeks and no word so far, I called back few days ago and was told that I am on the list, keep waiting

Last edited:

Jeffxz

Have you heard anymore? I am wondering if I will get an email saying the problem is fixed or if I will have to do it at check-in.

Nothing yet, I have called twice - once about 7 days ago and a second time 2 days ago. Both times they said it would need to be escalated to the IT department. The CM said I should get an email when they got to it, but she didn't have an estimate. She did say they are prioritizing requests based on check in day so it might be a while.

Spry mom

Original Poster

I checked MyDisneyExperience tonight like I do almost every day and went to 'tickets & passes' and my 5 day tickets WERE THERE! I was also able to pick my fast passes! I have not received an email informing me that the problem had been fixed like I was told. I was not able to pick anymore FP+ times for they day we are going to the MNSSHP, so we may only get to use them for the 5 days, but had no problem getting them for the headliners. One of my Epcot days, I only picked (Mission Space & Soarin-I didn't see test track on the list) and it added a third FP+ with the comment 'recommended' and it was for Test Track. Hmm, go figure!

Last edited:

Rogue21

I'm having the same issue, sort of. I have an 8 day hopper from UT, and it shows up in the Magic Bands & Cards section with the Magic Band I currently have, but no visibility when I try to use Fastpass+. The same error as those above: "Needs valid admission media". Weird part is; I will be giving a pre-2010 6-day hopper from UT to my sister and I was able to link and make Fastpasses for her.

I've called Tech Services three times so far. First response was that they would send my issue to IT. After a week, I called again and was told my "issue was very important to them and would be handled in the order it was received". In other words, since my trip isn't for another couple weeks, I could wait. Of course, they also assured me there would be no problems copying my sisters FP+ times to my account.

So, now it is the waiting game for the email . . . and just keep checking my MDE account.

Jeffxz

I checked MyDisneyExperience tonight like I do almost every day and went to 'tickets & passes' and my 5 day tickets WERE THERE! I was also able to pick my fast passes! I have not received an email informing me that the problem had been fixed like I was told. I was not able to pick anymore FP+ times for they day we are going to the MNSSHP, so we may only get to use them for the 5 days, but had no problem getting them for the headliners. One of my Epcot days, I only picked (Mission Space & Soarin-I didn't see test track on the list) and it added a third FP+ with the comment 'recommended' and it was for Test Track. Hmm, go figure!

Thank you for letting us know that this got resolved. I'm still waiting, but my checkin day is 5 days later than yours so hopefully it will be fixed this week.

wendysue

Just to share my experiences.
First, we had no trouble linking my brother's family's tickets from undercover tourist, so I am not sure that is the source of your problem. Although I couldn't get them to go in with the number on them, I had to use the scanner to scan that little square box thing whose name I never remember, but then they went in and I have made lots of FP reservations with them.
Second, yeah, we are all in Trouble if we need IT help. Somehow, MDE has decided to create extra people for us under my family and friends profile- including someone with my name and the title of Doctor, but she is only two years old! Really bright child that one! And they changed the names of folks who are getting magic bands, so now my mini-me is getting my sister in laws band. What a mess, so I spoke to IT, they told me they have no idea how long it will take until they get to it, should be an easy fix, but they are so backlogged it may be weeks. I told them that the magic bands were being send last week and will be wrong, they said nothing they can do, that I will have to get new ones sent to me when it gets straightened out.
Not so magical an experience! I have no idea what happens to the FP I got for folks that are assigned to the wrong people. But bottom line, you are not getting your mess straightened out quickly. we have been waiting two weeks and no word so far, I called back few days ago and was told that I am on the list, keep waiting

Hmmm....isn't all this technology wonderful?! I was so impressed we cancelled and got a refund. If we wanted to be on a micromanaged schedule for a week to 10 days, we could just stay home, go to work, and save a couple thousand dollars. Wait, that's what we are going to do...

docdebbi

Hmmm....isn't all this technology wonderful?! I was so impressed we cancelled and got a refund. If we wanted to be on a micromanaged schedule for a week to 10 days, we could just stay home, go to work, and save a couple thousand dollars. Wait, that's what we are going to do...

dear wendy sue
i am not ready to cancel quite yet, but i admit, planning is almost becoming cumbersome rather than fun. as of last night, 3 weeks after the request, i got an email saying it was all straightened out.
you guessed it.........it is NOT all straightened out
they still have 2 of me, but at least not 3 of me, they have me in 2 different hotel rooms on the same night, and magic band for A was given to B, magic band for B was given to C and I actually now have 4 magic bands in my name, and they just sent them all out!
this is straightened out= and we leave in two weeks
guess i'll be spending a lot of my precious time in guest services, we can't even get into the parks right now the way it is!
thanks for letting me vent, i feel so much better now

PrincessVic

Not quite the same, but unable to link UK bought tickets either. I phoned today and was told I could only do it 3 days before they start - which is a pain as it only gives me 1/2 a day before we leave home.....

wendysue

dear wendy sue
i am not ready to cancel quite yet, but i admit, planning is almost becoming cumbersome rather than fun. as of last night, 3 weeks after the request, i got an email saying it was all straightened out.
you guessed it.........it is NOT all straightened out
they still have 2 of me, but at least not 3 of me, they have me in 2 different hotel rooms on the same night, and magic band for A was given to B, magic band for B was given to C and I actually now have 4 magic bands in my name, and they just sent them all out!
this is straightened out= and we leave in two weeks
guess i'll be spending a lot of my precious time in guest services, we can't even get into the parks right now the way it is!
thanks for letting me vent, i feel so much better now

I do hope things work out for you and you have a great vacation.:)

Spry mom

Original Poster
Thank you for letting us know that this got resolved. I'm still waiting, but my checkin day is 5 days later than yours so hopefully it will be fixed this week.
Has your issue been resolved? I did finally get an email Sunday morning saying mine was resolved. It was a day and a half (at least) after I found on my own that it was resolved. Better late then never.

Rogue21

Has your issue been resolved? I did finally get an email Sunday morning saying mine was resolved. It was a day and a half (at least) after I found on my own that it was resolved. Better late then never.

Jeffxz, I'm curious to hear if your issue has been resolved too. Mine has not and I have a check in on the 19th.

Jeffxz

Jeffxz, I'm curious to hear if your issue has been resolved too. Mine has not and I have a check in on the 19th.

Nothing yet. I have a check in date of 10/18 and still don't see my tickets under the "Tickets and Passes" section (They are still listed under bands and cards).
I intend to call again on Saturday if it is not fixed by then.

For those that had this resolved, did you have to call more than once?

Rogue21

Nothing yet. I have a check in date of 10/18 and still don't see my tickets under the "Tickets and Passes" section (They are still listed under bands and cards).
I intend to call again on Saturday if it is not fixed by then.

For those that had this resolved, did you have to call more than once?

I'll wait until Sunday/Monday to call. It will be my 3rd call for this particular issue. I don't want to be one of "those" callers who makes people :rolleyes:, but as the trip gets closer I get a bit antsy as things are not resolved.

At least my sister has her Fastpass+ times. It's her first visit since '82 and she has a lot to catch up on. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom