Anyone else have trouble fitting in the rides?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
While people of certain widths have had their fair share of the issues, anyone else wish that WDW made rides friendlier for those of us who are vertically gifted? I'm tall, but not that tall (6'3"), but I still have trouble with some rides (Splash Mountain, Space Mountain...). Anyone else feel my pain? What rides are the worst for you?

EPCOT Explorer

While people of certain widths have had their fair share of the issues, anyone else wish that WDW made rides friendlier for those of us who are vertically gifted? I'm tall, but not that tall (6'3"), but I still have trouble with some rides (Splash Mountain, Space Mountain...). Anyone else feel my pain? What rides are the worst for you?
Same height as you, broad shoulders, I'm built pretty solid. Yeah, it's painful.:dazzle::lol:

HM is difficult too, especially when they want to lower the safety bar a liiiiiiiitle too close for comfort.:lookaroun

Figment82

My boyfriend is 6'4" and has had problems fitting onto certain rides. We did Barnstormer as a joke a couple weeks ago - big mistake (guess I should have seen that coming, lol!). But yes, some of the "big kids" rides can cause issues for him.

Most notably (and I know I've mentioned this before) is DL's Space Mountain. A nightmare for people who are tall and not stick-skinny. I imagine the designers behind those ride vehicles were in the 5 ft height range. :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My head hits the top of the doombuggies.

Getting in and out of the boats on PotC, LwtL, Splash, IASW, etc can be challenging. But if I can fold myself into a BMW Z4, I can accomplish anything! :lol:

Phonedave

I am 6' 4" and fairly broad as well (210 lbs - most of it in my chest)

I tend to sit cross legged on most rides.

Sometimes I come off rides like BTMRR with bashed up knees because when you sit cross legged, you slide forward and back a bit more, but then my legs are so banged up from normal life I tend not to mind.

-dave

EpcotServo

I'm tall, but I practically have grown up in Attractions vehicles, so I feel at home...

(Ok, except for OUR Space Mountain. Disneyland's? SO Comfortable. Ours? I have too unfurl my legs like a spider to get out of the darn things...:brick:)

C&D

I think that Disney has to provide for the 95% that fall within a 'Bell curve' so the tikes to grown quests can have a reasonable fit. I'm 6' and have a few fitment issues but I take them in stride (except the Astro Orbiter; that one hurt :ROFLOL:).

CAPTAIN HOOK

Being 6'6" presents a few problems namely -

RNR - has to be the front seats in each vehicle
Space - as above
Splash - as above
BTMR - as long as I can sit with my legs wide open :eek:

and probably several others - but those are the ones that really trouble me

krueg66

Being 6'6" presents a few problems namely -

RNR - has to be the front seats in each vehicle
Space - as above
Splash - as above
BTMR - as long as I can sit with my legs wide open :eek:

and probably several others - but those are the ones that really trouble me

Me too Cap't...I'm 6'6" and 300lbs. Lap bars are my nemesis. Many rides I have to squeeze into, not much leg room! That being said, it's all good! No complaints.

EPCOT Explorer

I am 6' 4" and fairly broad as well (210 lbs - most of it in my chest)

I tend to sit cross legged on most rides.

Sometimes I come off rides like BTMRR with bashed up knees because when you sit cross legged, you slide forward and back a bit more, but then my legs are so banged up from normal life I tend not to mind.

-dave
You would think that would help, but I find that to be very painful for something else, if you catch the drift...:lookaroun:lol:

Phonedave

You would think that would help, but I find that to be very painful for something else, if you catch the drift...:lookaroun:lol:

Interesting,

I doe's not seem to bother me, but then I keep "lap" bars away from that area :)

Why do they call them lap bars? Most of them do not come down on what you would call my lap (unless you are a particular kind of dancer :lookaroun)

-dave

jaques21

Yesss! I'm 6'2 and I can't sit in the front of space mountain(dont know how the cars are now will find out hopefully on dec. 5th), splash mountain, or any of the slow boat rides without some discomfort. On thunder Mountain i feel bad for anybody that's smaller and rides with me because they move all over the place with the bar being set higher for me. In all its a small price to pay for GREAT enjoyment, though it would be cool too ride in comfort like I did when I was a kid. I wonder if I would fit in the 20000 leagues under the sea ride anymore?

EPCOT Explorer

Interesting,

I doe's not seem to bother me, but then I keep "lap" bars away from that area :)

Why do they call them lap bars? Most of them do not come down on what you would call my lap (unless you are a particular kind of dancer :lookaroun)

-dave
Heh!:lol: How? It seems to always line up....:lookaroun

painter26

Me too Cap't...I'm 6'6" and 300lbs. Lap bars are my nemesis. Many rides I have to squeeze into, not much leg room! That being said, it's all good! No complaints.
I am also 6'6" (or 5'18" as I like to say) and well over 300 lbs. The lap bars are a problem, and on our last trip I found out something else. My wife always wanted to try the runaway train. She is 5'3" so the bar came down on my lap and did not even come close to her. She bounced around like a rag doll, screaming the whole way. Didn't even think of that problem until it was too late. Just a warning to those "mismatched" folks out there.

countrygrl4

I'm not tall by any means I'm 5'4 and average in size but I will say HM doombuggies are uncomfortable, although when I went in August me and 2 girlfriends all squeezed in and one of the girls is built with broad shoulders and solid and is 5'11 the other is like my height but smaller in size. Other than that it was fine, but it made for an interesting ride through HM for my first time ever lol

NX2I85

I'm 6'3" and broad-shouldered. It's always a chore getting my legs into the Space Mountain vehicles. Splash Mountain is similar. I wind up sitting cross-legged on rides like PotC and IASW. I attribute some of my awkwardness to the fact that Im 45 now, and -even though I don't have joint issues -the old bones just don't flex and move like they used to. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom