Anyone else enjoy boating in Disney World?

TheScreed

When renting the boats do you have to specify in advance how long you want it for? Or can you stay out as long as you want and just pay whatever you owe when you return?

blueboxdoctor

We took out a Pontoon boat out a few trips ago. It wasn't fast, but it is a lot more space than the little boats (which, speaking of the little boats, it's my belief they have slowed them down over the past 15 years or so, making them less fun to take out, even if I did get yelled at by a worker for cutting off another boat) and is pretty chill to cruise around in. Unfortunately I don't know how its speed compares to the other boat you mentioned, but I can confirm it is not going to be setting any lap times.

mergatroid

Original Poster
When renting the boats do you have to specify in advance how long you want it for? Or can you stay out as long as you want and just pay whatever you owe when you return?

No you can stay out as long as you want as you pay when you return. Having said that if you're thinking of staying out a long time (over say 1 1/2 hours) I'd tell them so they don't panic

mikeymouse

We usually rent a pontoon boat at DTD. With the price, we might not be doing it anymore. Its a lot of fun considering I never get do drive a boat. It would be nice to do it from Poly or GF.

MarkTwain

We love doing this. :) It seems like we always rent from the Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary, but one of these I'd like to try taking a boat out at one of the Epcot resorts.

Don't some other places have boat rentals also? I know Downtown Disney did for a time (does still?), and I feel like I've seen boats for rental at Port Orleans as well.

This may be somewhat off topic since I don't think you can pilot them yourself, but I'd love to go on an amphicar tour at the BOATHOUSE in Downtown Disney

surfsupdon

We used to use them all the time. The Water mice, sprites, and then sea racers used to be so affordable. Captain's Plan was $100 for length of stay. My sis and I would rent a boat daily. It was so popular, you had to sign in and then they would estimate when to come back for an available boat.

The prices are way too high currently. Maybe because we have our own boats here at home, we understand the price gouge.

But something is wrong--for the amount of Guests at Disney Resorts, there should be wayyyy more boat traffic. They even got rid of boat rentals at the Moderates! It's sad. Something is wrong, and I will argue it is the price point. The Resorts and lakes were so much more alive, and kinetic, with the fleet of sprites, bumpers boats, paddle boats, and all boats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom