Anyone else enjoy boating in Disney World?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Can you take a cooler onto the pontoon? As a follow up, do they search the cooler? As a 2nd follow up, if, hypothetically you packed a frosty beverage or two, would they be confiscated?

We've brought snackie poos and beverages on pontoons rented at WL several times and I don't remember any search process or nothing. Now if you get drunk and play chicken with the Admiral Joe Fowler, all bets are off.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Can you take a cooler onto the pontoon? As a follow up, do they search the cooler? As a 2nd follow up, if, hypothetically you packed a frosty beverage or two, would they be confiscated?

I finally found a page with rules and it looks like we may have inadvertently broke the them. It said, "food and drink is generally not permitted on board". We did eat grapes, cheese, and have sodas handy. I remember carrying them on the pontoon. My BIL did the driving and paid for it. Maybe I wasn't noticed and it just never came up. If anyone from Disney is reading this, please disregard.

Redhawk

I recommend a little water outing to everyone! Years ago on a family vacation (mom, younger sis, and I) I rented one of the little boats from the dock at Wilderness Lodge and took my sister out on the water. She was a special needs person so couldn't have piloted one on her own, but with me along she was able to take the wheel and be the captain. We had a wonderful time racing around and laughing. She passed away 10 years ago and I have a wealth of happy Disney memories with her, but that afternoon on the little speedboat is one of the best.

Nowadays my husband and I stay at the Dolphin, and on our next trip I'm planning that we'll rent one of the swan-shaped paddleboats to glide over the lagoon.

Professor_Jason

I finally found a page with rules and it looks like we may have inadvertently broke the them. It said, "food and drink is generally not permitted on board". We did eat grapes, cheese, and have sodas handy. I remember carrying them on the pontoon. My BIL did the driving and paid for it. Maybe I wasn't noticed and it just never came up. If anyone from Disney is reading this, please disregard.
So Disney would probably frown upon us having any adult beverages while on the lake I'm guessing

mergatroid

Original Poster
I recommend a little water outing to everyone! Years ago on a family vacation (mom, younger sis, and I) I rented one of the little boats from the dock at Wilderness Lodge and took my sister out on the water. She was a special needs person so couldn't have piloted one on her own, but with me along she was able to take the wheel and be the captain. We had a wonderful time racing around and laughing. She passed away 10 years ago and I have a wealth of happy Disney memories with her, but that afternoon on the little speedboat is one of the best.

Nowadays my husband and I stay at the Dolphin, and on our next trip I'm planning that we'll rent one of the swan-shaped paddleboats to glide over the lagoon.

So sorry your sister is no longer with you but it's so obvious the many lovely memories of her still are. It's so nice she had such a wonderful sister as yourself and I'm sure you'll be thinking of her whilst gliding over the lagoon.

Redhawk

So Disney would probably frown upon us having any adult beverages while on the lake I'm guessing

Well, depends on what their "generally" means. I'm sure they don't expect folks to go out without water and perhaps a small snack pack. At the other end of the spectrum would be a huge cooler with a keg and a full-on picnic. A small personal cooler with a couple of beers perhaps might be "frowned upon" but not outright prohibited?

mergatroid

Original Poster
Any estimates of when the boating option will return to Disney? I'd have thought at the prices they charge that they'd be able to clean them in between guest use and still make a profit? We're currently booked to come over in October and we're hoping to go boating one day.

danyoung56

I love to rent a sea Raycer for an hour or so from the Contemporary Marina. Tip for you large guys - open up the throttle and then lean forward. In a few seconds your boat will "plane out" and you'll really be flying!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom