Anyone doing Careerstart Fall 2008?

PrincessTink

Original Poster
I will be applying for Careerstart Fall 2008 whenever they start accepting applications, which I'm guessing will be late January. I just wanted to get to know a few people before heading down.

DisneyMarcher

I plan on applying I think. This is sorta my fallback for my fallback college...actually its may be higher than the fallback college. I do know that I want to do this or the college program and this program is more convienant since I'll worry less about money.

LAPVLB

Pardon me for resurrecting this thread from the dead... I had to :)

I have been waiting forever to apply for CS, and finally the Fall '08 application season is (kind of) approaching!

Whenever Spring rolls around, they take apps! Whether that be the actual season on the calendar, or the start of the Spring CS session remains to be seen... I just want to turn in my application!

I plan on checking Attractions, and probably QSFB on my role checklist. And probably Merch. I can't decide.

Hope to talk with other Fall hopefuls! Networking ahead of time could be cool when we get down there!

LAPVLB

I figure I'll resurrect this thread, since Disney posted the CS application! We're still waiting on the e-presentation, but were informed that it would be up late this week or early next week. We shall wait and see.... even though it is "late this week" already.

So, you lurkers out there :)animwink:) PM me or register and reply to this thread! Let's get some dialogue going so we have friends when we arrive!

Good luck on interviews!

PrincessTink

Original Poster
Holden and I have also made a facebook group for Careerstart Fall 2008 hopefuls. Don't know if I can post links here, so just go to facebook and type in "Careerstart Fall 2008" and ours should be the first one! Holden and I are already besties, thanks to WDWMAGIC! But we really wanna meet some more of you people!

Ok questions:
What type of program is this?
How long does it go for?
What are the age requirments?
I am a senior in high school and wanna get involved in Disney for my career so I would love to do some type of program to what are you all going to do that starts in the fall exactly,... what does it encompass

PrincessTink

Original Poster
Ok questions:
What type of program is this?
How long does it go for?
What are the age requirments?
I am a senior in high school and wanna get involved in Disney for my career so I would love to do some type of program to what are you all going to do that starts in the fall exactly,... what does it encompass

TheDisneyQueen, glad you responded!

The Careerstart Program is almost the same thing as the College Program, you live and work in Disney World for 5 months, and I believe you are required to take a class, but am not sure. The program runs from late August through early January for the Fall term. You have to be 18 to participate, its for high school graduates.

There are many different roles you can choose from and you get to live, with the rent being taken out of your paycheck, in Disney housing. There are busses to take you to and from work, and other fun places, but people highly suggest bringing a car, if you can.

Go to www.disneycareerstart.com to learn more!

Any other questions PM me or my AIM is SoMch4MyHappyEnd

Kaitlin:)

LAPVLB

TheDisneyQueen, glad you responded!

The Careerstart Program is almost the same thing as the College Program, you live and work in Disney World for 5 months, and I believe you are required to take a class, but am not sure. The program runs from late August through early January for the Fall term. You have to be 18 to participate, its for high school graduates.

There are many different roles you can choose from and you get to live, with the rent being taken out of your paycheck, in Disney housing. There are busses to take you to and from work, and other fun places, but people highly suggest bringing a car, if you can.

Go to www.disneycareerstart.com to learn more!

Any other questions PM me or my AIM is SoMch4MyHappyEnd

Kaitlin:)

Pretty much sums it up! The CareerStart website is great and can answer just about any question you have! The FAQ was really well done!

As for the classes, I'm not sure if they're required either, but I plan on taking the Disney Exploration Series class on Communication. This class specifically has a networking component in the 7th week, which is great if you want to start your career with Disney. They give you time to speak with the higher-ups at the Resort!

Oh, and yes: do bring a vehicle if at all possible. Kaitlin and I have already decided that one of us will have a car! (Me! :p)

SFSC26

Hi everyone,
My friend is interested in doing the career start program for the fall as I am doing the college program in the fall. We wanted to go down together and from what i believed I had read earlier about the career start is that it was a seven month program so during my CP interview i expressed interest in the fall advantage thinking that we would go down to orlando at the same time.

Am i wrong thinking that there is a may-jan option for career start?

PrincessTink

Original Poster
SFSC26, there are only two terms for careerstart and that is spring advantange that goes january-august and fall august-january. hope things work out!

LAPVLB

Graduate of high school, or GED within the past 48 months; 18 years old upon arrival. Pretty easy to meet. Oh, and a letter of recommendation to fax in with your application.

The CareerStart website has all the info you'll need!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom