Anyone do a Leave a Legacy tile at Epcot?

smelly_cat_kez

we did but we haven't been back to see it yet. they sent me & my sis a copy of it a few months ago (it was done in may). i liked the way it turned out and can't wait to see it in epcot. we only did it because it was free in our package otherwise we wouldn't care for it at all.

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by VinnieG
It is a complete waste of money ,they are horrible it is like going to the Vietnam Memorial in DC

You know, that was one of the most tasetless thing's ive ever heard. Rather than saying a few things that will get me tossed, but i'll say this - I hope they start the draft back up cuz of this mess and put you first in line.

PhotoDave219

Hey its my opinion,ever hear of freedom of speech.

Yes - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

However.... This board is hosted in the United Kingdom.

celticdog

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
In MHO, I really wish that Disney would find a better place to display those pics... the graveyard theme is a bit morbid

No disrespect, but i've seen alot people mention that the tiles should be displayed differently, but no one is offer any solutions. I personally think the outside monolith gardends works best. Would it be better to put them all in one big building, with partion walls similiar to a library?

How should Disney display the tiles?

VinnieG

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
You know, that was one of the most tasetless thing's ive ever heard. Rather than saying a few things that will get me tossed, but i'll say this - I hope they start the draft back up cuz of this mess and put you first in line.

Chill out man it was just my opinion ,I guess you must have bought one of those tastless leagacy pictures..Thats why you seem to be upset.By the way I am to old to be taken in the draft.

s25843

Chill out man it was just my opinion ,I guess you must have bought one of those tastless leagacy pictures..Thats why you seem to be upset.By the way I am to old to be taken in the draft.

Just try and watch what you say, what if he was a Vietnam Vet, or his Dad was? What may not be offensive to you may totally offend someone else

mrtoad

My wife and I have a brick. I would have liked to gotten one for my daughter but they are not being offered anymore. I prefer the bricks but think we might get one of the tiles for her. I don't like the pictures so much on them but I would do text.

VinnieG

Originally posted by s25843
Just try and watch what you say, what if he was a Vietnam Vet, or his Dad was? What may not be offensive to you may totally offend someone else

Hey I was just making a comparison I am not saying anything about Vietnam vets I know quite a few Vietnam vets.I was just saying that the leave a leagacy looks like a Memorial:hammer:

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by celticdog
No disrespect, but i've seen alot people mention that the tiles should be displayed differently, but no one is offer any solutions. I personally think the outside monolith gardends works best. Would it be better to put them all in one big building, with partion walls similiar to a library?

None taken :)

Actually, you bring up a very good question. I have no idea what should be done with the tiles - I just done care for the way they are displayed now.

bamboo7

Hey I was just making a comparison I am not saying anything about Vietnam vets I know quite a few Vietnam vets.I was just saying that the leave a leagacy looks like a Memorial:hammer:

well, you've already managed to offend me a few time in this thread alone.

Bagheera

Originally posted by celticdog

Well, how about along both sides of the walkway to the World Showplace (formerly Millennium Village)? They said that they'd be on display at Epcot for x number of years, but they didn't guarantee where. I personally wouldn't mind having ours moved, as long as we can get over to see it.

We're at W-1-A-4-11-10&11. The tombstone closest to Spaceship Earth on the West side. We got ours like the second day that they were taking the photos.

By the way, has anybody else figured out that the reason that so many people walk right by Spaceship Earth without even realizing that it's a ride is that they put the #$(^@#$ Leave a Legacy kiosk dead center in front of the entrance to Spaceship Earth so that you can't see the entrance as you're walking toward it any more? Frickin' Disney "geniuses"....

mkymaus

Account Suspended
I think its fantastic...we did them....and you know, when my kids bring their kids and they see thier mom and dad up there as kids....(tearing up here...)....it will be a wonderful memory for all.

fbdb6a92.jpg

we are the 2 pictures right in the middle...girl/boy - boy/mom...
right under the text tile.

Hope this shows up....never added pics before. :rolleyes:

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Bagheera
Well, how about along both sides of the walkway to the World Showplace (formerly Millennium Village)? They said that they'd be on display at Epcot for x number of years, but they didn't guarantee where. I personally wouldn't mind having ours moved, as long as we can get over to see it.

We're at W-1-A-4-11-10&11. The tombstone closest to Spaceship Earth on the West side. We got ours like the second day that they were taking the photos.

By the way, has anybody else figured out that the reason that so many people walk right by Spaceship Earth without even realizing that it's a ride is that they put the #$(^@#$ Leave a Legacy kiosk dead center in front of the entrance to Spaceship Earth so that you can't see the entrance as you're walking toward it any more? Frickin' Disney "geniuses"....

I agree 100%....but its all about the $ Cha-Ching $$$$$$ to Disney these days.....

kennyj29

I think it's been stated in a lot of posts that even people who think it's hideous on the outside of Epcot wouldn't mind it inside the park. Just make a space to display those awful walls and make sure you leave enough space for all the people who bought them to be able to get in and out to see their picture but take it away from the front of Epcot!!!!! Those things ruin the beauty of the entrance so badly that they really need to rethink where they could place them. I'm sure there are plenty of areas they can put them, they aren't all full so I'm sure they can put them up somewhere in the park itself.

Bagheera

Originally posted by mkymaus
I agree 100%....but its all about the $ Cha-Ching $$$$$$ to Disney these days.....

Ah, but is the Cha-Ching from the Leave a Legacy with the loss of Cha-Ching from having an attraction like Spaceship Earth running with nobody on it?

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Bagheera
Ah, but is the Cha-Ching from the Leave a Legacy with the loss of Cha-Ching from having an attraction like Spaceship Earth running with nobody on it?

Yes, but its Disney's fault for LOSING all their sponsors! Not the people paying HUGE dollars to visit and buy the $3.00 bottles of water from Disney! It still doesnt make sense for them to block the entrance of SSE with the advertisment....my guess is if they wouldnt block the entrance, they would have MORE riders....I tell ya what...I ride it at least twice in my visits to Epcot. I am sure others do to, or would if the entrance weren't blocked!:brick: Catch 22.

bamboo7

Originally posted by mkymaus
Yes, but its Disney's fault for LOSING all their sponsors!

um, Spaceship Earth didn't lose its sponsorship by AT&T. There were rumors about that happening, but AT&T renewed their sponsorship.

mkymaus

Account Suspended
Originally posted by bamboo7
um, Spaceship Earth didn't lose its sponsorship by AT&T. There were rumors about that happening, but AT&T renewed their sponsorship.

Ummm...yes they did! That is why Microsoft was going to add their space racer attraction in SSE.....sorry.

Space Mountain lost Fed Ex.....too....a long time ago and no one has picked up that attraction as of date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom