Anyone dislike the volggers content?

GeoDonJac34

A few years back, I used to follow a girl who did dining reviews. Channel was "Eating my Ears. All of her content is completely gone from YouTube. She was using a song from PATF for her intro. I wonder if Disney put a stop to it. Wouldn't be surprised.
I love the Dis Unplugged for dining reviews. They are quite honest about the meals. Disney Dining is their food channel. Pete absolutely torched Maria and Enzos. Worth a watch.

Chip Chipperson

A few years back, I used to follow a girl who did dining reviews. Channel was "Eating my Ears. All of her content is completely gone from YouTube. She was using a song from PATF for her intro. I wonder if Disney put a stop to it. Wouldn't be surprised.
I love the Dis Unplugged for dining reviews. They are quite honest about the meals. Disney Dining is their food channel. Pete absolutely torched Maria and Enzos. Worth a watch.

Yeah, that Maria and Enzo's review was brutal. The server not telling them that the charcuterie board had a per person charge when they ordered 2 of them - and then adding the charge for every person for EACH board - was inexcusable, especially for how little food seemed to be on the board. If you're charging per person then you need to adjust the amount of food served based on the number of people, too.

spock8113

I find my tolerance for theme park vloggers waxes and wanes. Let's be honest here, when 27 different vloggers do the same haunted/scare/boo to you videos, the originality lacks and it is boring. And all the vloggers flock to the same thing that give the same perspective almost identical frame-for-frame. Like the song says, "There ain't nuthin' like the real thing, baby".
I've shot hours of theme park videos going back to a format called "VHS video cassette" and rarely if ever do we look at them, even after transferring them to digital format on a thumb drive.
I much more prefer theme park vloggers who vlog other things like sites across the country. And even those are beginning to fall into receptiveness with various vloggers. Places like the paint mound or the world's largest ball of twine.
I can only watch a certain amount of minutes of the "Desert of Maine".
Make no mistake, I like the Trackers, Adam the Woo, Justin Scarred, Jordan the Lion and Jacob the Carpetbagger but some times I need to change the proverbial YouTubeChannel!

mergatroid

There's a British vlog called Theme Park Worldwide that has lots of followers. Originally there was a team of them on it and then some young girls came forward on social media and accused one or two of the presenters of inappropriate behaviour towards them including explicit messages and wanting to meet up with them in hotel rooms. This escalated a bit and the guy presenting it now with his girlfriend took over the channel and no allegations were ever made against him.

It was only when I discovered this recently that it dawned on me how anyone who's into underage girls or boys could use a theme park vlog to seek them out. The audience is probably made up of a lot of young impressionable people who look up to the people hosting the shows, almost like celebrities. They guys I mentioned used to organise meet ups at parks, which is where the accusations arose from. Those wishing to know more can just google 'Theme Park Worldwide allegations' and see for themselves what was alleged, but bear in mind the guy running it now had no allegations made about him that I'm aware of.

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

I find my tolerance for theme park vloggers waxes and wanes. Let's be honest here, when 27 different vloggers do the same haunted/scare/boo to you videos, the originality lacks and it is boring. And all the vloggers flock to the same thing that give the same perspective almost identical frame-for-frame. Like the song says, "There ain't nuthin' like the real thing, baby".
I've shot hours of theme park videos going back to a format called "VHS video cassette" and rarely if ever do we look at them, even after transferring them to digital format on a thumb drive.
I much more prefer theme park vloggers who vlog other things like sites across the country. And even those are beginning to fall into receptiveness with various vloggers. Places like the paint mound or the world's largest ball of twine.
I can only watch a certain amount of minutes of the "Desert of Maine".
Make no mistake, I like the Trackers, Adam the Woo, Justin Scarred, Jordan the Lion and Jacob the Carpetbagger but some times I need to change the proverbial YouTubeChannel!
With the introduction of consumer-grade video cameras, my dad went a little nuts. Whereas he needed to be more selective with his 8mm movie camera, the switch to video tapes meant that he could film virtually everything at the parks... which is why we have an almost complete audio-visual record of Disney World circa the summer of 1989. Every ride, except Space Mountain, every show, every street performer, every parade, every nocturnal show, every boat, bus and monorail ride. Some of this stuff is still kind of intresting to watch as a time capsule.

Last edited:

Nala06

With the introduction of consumer-grade video cameras, my dad went a little nuts. Whereas he needed to be more selective with his 8mm movie camera, the switch to video tapes meant that he could film virtually everything at the parks... which is why we have an almost complete audio-visual record of Disney World circa the summer of 1989. Every ride, except Space Mountain, every show, every street performer, every parade, every nocturnal show, every boat, bus ans monorail ride. Some of this stuff is still kind of intresting to watch as a time capsule.
Have you thought of sending that video to retrowdw? They have a great archive of old Disney Parks footage. They’d probably love it! They have an excellent podcast as well.

Heppenheimer

Have you thought of sending that video to retrowdw? They have a great archive of old Disney Parks footage. They’d probably love it! They have an excellent podcast as well.
I'd need to find a way to convert it from betamax, and edit out all the personal family stuff included on the tapes. My dad was one of the last holdouts for the format before he finally went to a camcorder.

On one of our old 8mm movies, my dad, for some reason, included a surprising amount of detail on what was then called Lake Buena Vista Village (now, Disney Springs). This may actually be of more interest, since I'm sure we weren't the only family that filmed every square inch and moment of the parks, but there's probably far less visual record of the history of the shopping complex. Plus, while the parks are generally still broadly recognizable from decade to decade, Disney Springs now looks virtually nothing like the old Lake Buena Vista.

We also have footage of Discovery Island, River Country, Fort Wilderness, and the old Contemporary Resort, but in far less detail.

Nala06

I'd need to find a way to convert it from betamax, and edit out all the personal family stuff included on the tapes. My dad was one of the last holdouts for the format before he finally went to a camcorder.

On one of our old 8mm movies, my dad, for some reason, included a surprising amount of detail on what was then called Lake Buena Vista Village (now, Disney Springs). This may actually be of more interest, since I'm sure we weren't the only family that filmed every square inch and moment of the parks, but there's probably far less visual record of the history of the shopping complex. Plus, while the parks are generally still broadly recognizable from decade to decade, Disney Springs now looks virtually nothing like the old Lake Buena Vista.

We also have footage of Discovery Island, River Country, Fort Wilderness, and the old Contemporary Resort, but in far less detail.
They happen to love Lake Buena Vista Village! They had an entire podcast dedicated to it. You should contact them and see what they can do. I know they could probably offer support in converting it, or at least point you in the right direction.

Chip Chipperson

There's a British vlog called Theme Park Worldwide that has lots of followers. Originally there was a team of them on it and then some young girls came forward on social media and accused one or two of the presenters of inappropriate behaviour towards them including explicit messages and wanting to meet up with them in hotel rooms. This escalated a bit and the guy presenting it now with his girlfriend took over the channel and no allegations were ever made against him.

It was only when I discovered this recently that it dawned on me how anyone who's into underage girls or boys could use a theme park vlog to seek them out. The audience is probably made up of a lot of young impressionable people who look up to the people hosting the shows, almost like celebrities. They guys I mentioned used to organise meet ups at parks, which is where the accusations arose from. Those wishing to know more can just google 'Theme Park Worldwide allegations' and see for themselves what was alleged, but bear in mind the guy running it now had no allegations made about him that I'm aware of.

That's awful, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Theme parks (or anything kid-friendly) will always have creeps lurking somewhere, unfortunately.

I'm trying to wrap my head around why the new guy would want to keep the channel name. I know you said that there are no allegations against him but just the notoriety and the possibility that someone in today's "shoot first and ask questions never" social media environment will stumble across the allegations and blame the current vlogger for what someone else did without digging deeper to see who was actually accused of wrongdoing. Keeping whatever was left of their audience can't be worth the potential headache, in my opinion.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Yes, her boyfriend's English and she was recently over here visiting parks. Thought she was very complimentary on our parks. I'm not being snobby but Blackpool Pleasure Beach and it's hotel is a million miles away from Disney World and staying onsite, yet she appreciated the differences and didn't put Blackpool down. She realises the differences and looks at the positives without expecting or criticising the lack of theming.

Noticed she's friends with Nate from 'Paging Mr Morrow'. Interestingly I recently decided to watch some of his early stuff as I'd only discovered him this year. In his very early stuff he was married and hosted with his wife, though his 'persona' was rather different. I don't know if it was nerves or confidence, but he wasn't the gregarious and lively individual we see now with that unique laugh

Paging Mr. Morrow is the man. My family and I just recently started watching him (during the pandemic) and he honestly made my WDW better.

It had nothing to do with any 'tips or tricks' about WDW. It was just the guy's personality and attitude toward WDW and honestly life in general.

I love that dude. :cool:

The_Jobu

Paging Mr. Morrow is the man. My family and I just recently started watching him (during the pandemic) and he honestly made my WDW better.

It had nothing to do with any 'tips or tricks' about WDW. It was just the guy's personality and attitude toward WDW and honestly life in general.

I love that dude. :cool:

My sister met him and had a nice chat. Apparently he's just as nice off-camera.

I can't blame any vloggers, if I could get away with making a living doing what they do, I'd totally go for it.

Florida Resident Edits is a guilty pleasure of mine though. Although sometimes he goes from a good ribbing to being downright nasty with some vloggers, Id like it so much more if he didn't do that.

mergatroid

That's awful, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Theme parks (or anything kid-friendly) will always have creeps lurking somewhere, unfortunately.

I'm trying to wrap my head around why the new guy would want to keep the channel name. I know you said that there are no allegations against him but just the notoriety and the possibility that someone in today's "shoot first and ask questions never" social media environment will stumble across the allegations and blame the current vlogger for what someone else did without digging deeper to see who was actually accused of wrongdoing. Keeping whatever was left of their audience can't be worth the potential headache, in my opinion.
A good point. The lad doing it now was with the guys already when the allegations were made. They left the channel when it blew up and the lad that stayed posted something saying "We've passed the complaints to the police and as it's an ongoing investigation we can't discuss it further" or similar.

Some weren't happy with that saying he must have known though that isn't necessarily true and I really hope it's not. As for 're-branding' the channel or starting over, I don't think he wanted to do that as it already had a big number of subscribers. Also the average person watching goes no further than what they see on youtube, he doesn't mention it in his vlogs so most watching have no idea. I only found out about it a few weeks ago after googling his name to see how much his channel makes as he's at a theme park practically every day up and down the country. There are/were allegations that his girlfriend Charlotte was only 15 when he met her (him being around 20 at that time and working with 'those guys') though that could be complete rubbish or perhaps they were just friends?

mergatroid

I can't blame any vloggers, if I could get away with making a living doing what they do, I'd totally go for it.

Florida Resident Edits is a guilty pleasure of mine though. Although sometimes he goes from a good ribbing to being downright nasty with some vloggers, Id like it so much more if he didn't do that.
Is that the channel that edited a Tim question and answer video to make it appear he was answering questions about Jenn with all his 'answers' implying that she's a complete nightmare to live with?

The_Jobu

Is that the channel that edited a Tim question and answer video to make it appear he was answering questions about Jenn with all his 'answers' implying that she's a complete nightmare to live with?

Aye.

Things like that, like the running gag that Tim is secretly miserable and hates his life, are funny to me because it's not based in reality (as far as I know). Or his running joke about Michael Kay buying shirts too small and his brother being insane. But other times he just makes nasty personal attacks without creativity or humour, not fun for me. Most are directed to one person, who I think is obvious to see, who I get rubs people the wrong way sometimes, but I have no interest attacks and name calling.

So everytime I watch I'm tensed up not knowing if I stop that vid or keep watching.

mergatroid

Aye.

Things like that, like the running gag that Tim is secretly miserable and hates his life, are funny to me because it's not based in reality (as far as I know). Or his running joke about Michael Kay buying shirts too small and his brother being insane. But other times he just makes nasty personal attacks without creativity or humour, not fun for me. Most are directed to one person, who I think is obvious to see, who I get rubs people the wrong way sometimes, but I have no interest attacks and name calling.

So everytime I watch I'm tensed up not knowing if I stop that vid or keep watching.
We met Tim the other year in launch bay at the Studios. It was very strange because when my wife spotted him she approached him and said "Hello, are you Tim? My husband and I watch your channel all the time and enjoy it" (a slight exaggeration) . Tim was pleasant and smiled, nodded and said thanks. I couldn't think of much to say so just said "Ooh, you're taller than I thought" (he was) and that was that. The weird part was I expected him to talk my head off as he narrates none stop usually and he didn't. The thing is though in that scenario he's busy 'working', I think I know him but he has absolutely no idea who I am and he must get that all the time. It would be similar to a random stranger stopping me in the street, saying hi and expecting me to regale them with funny anecdotes and entertain them.

Last edited:

The_Jobu

We met Tim the other year in launch bay at the Studios. It was very strange because when my wife spotted him she approached him and said "Hello, are you Tim? My husband and I watch your channel all the time and enjoy it" (a slight exaggeration) . Tim was pleasant and smiled, nodded and said thanks. I couldn't think of much to say so just said "Ooh, you're taller than I thought" (he was) and that was that. The weird part was I expected him to talk my head off as he narrates none stop usually and he didn't. The thing is though in that scenario he's busy 'working', I think I know him but he has absolutely no idea who I am and he must get that all the time. It would be similar to a random stranger stopping me in the street, saying hi and expecting me to regale them with funny anecdotes and entertain them.

He's discussed meeting fans in one of his videos. He mostly said "please wait till I stop filming to say hi". I get the feeling that when he's at the parks he really does treat it like he's "at work".

Which, oddly enough, is a frequent criticism of his new videos, that he seemed more jovial in the past and more professional in new vids.

It's a fascinating world that Disney could generate this size of a side-business, enough so that people can debate the meta.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I am glad to hear that and I am jealous! ;)

When we were there, my daughter and I were looking for him all over the place..HAHA..
We found out one day into our vacation that he was back home the entire time we were in Orlando.

Oddly enough we did see one of his partners in crime, Jackie (super enthused) at IOA.

mergatroid

He's discussed meeting fans in one of his videos. He mostly said "please wait till I stop filming to say hi". I get the feeling that when he's at the parks he really does treat it like he's "at work".

Which, oddly enough, is a frequent criticism of his new videos, that he seemed more jovial in the past and more professional in new vids.

It's a fascinating world that Disney could generate this size of a side-business, enough so that people can debate the meta.
He was in between filming when she approached him, but he did look deep in thought. Should have said "Where's that nightmare of a wife of yours" to break the ice (or perhaps not) :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom