Anyone changing or cancelling their trip due to Corona?

RememberWhen

Our trip isn’t scheduled until mid-end August, but my Dad is nervous about this whole thing and is nervous about flying and everything. I feel that August is still a long way off and a lot can change by then. Southwest is releasing our travel dates for sale within the next few days and we aren’t sure if we should book now or wait.

To be honest though if anything is going to cancel our trip it’s the fact that I just started a new job this week(one I wasn’t factoring on getting when we booked) and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to take the time unpaid since my vacation time kicks in after 6 months which I’ll be just shy of. We will see. If I can’t get the time off we will probably just postpone for next year.
With southwest, I would book. You can always change your flights if you need to.

Upvote 0

Rogue21

We're booked for May 1st-9th. Still planning on going but feeling pretty uneasy about it, honestly. There are just so many unknowns! We likely won't decide until the week before, if we end up needing to decide. We also have our first Disney Cruise booked in November but hopefully things will be alright by then.
I have a trip planned for later in May and am hoping I can still go. Unless the parks close or the airlines arent flying I do plan on being there but I chose other on the poll. I am watching to see what happens, but am cautiously optimistic!!! Marie
This is my thinking. For my mid-April trip I'll wait until the last minute - or 5 days prior since I have a room only reservation. Flying Southwest, so that's a small comfort as far as rebooking. The only $$ loss would be a ticket to the new Cirque du Soliel show. 😢

Upvote 0

Mander

In the Parks
No
This is my thinking. For my mid-April trip I'll wait until the last minute - or 5 days prior since I have a room only reservation. Flying Southwest, so that's a small comfort as far as rebooking. The only $$ loss would be a ticket to the new Cirque du Soliel show. 😢

Yep. We're also on Southwest and super thankful for it at this moment and time! Their flexibility definitely lets us wait and see more so than another airline. We purchased our park tickets from Undercover Tourist so no refund but I know we can move the dates. Only thing I think we'd actually lose is the three After Hours tickets for May 5th but I'm hoping if things get that bad, Disney would allow us to change the date on that as well.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We visited WDW last month, before it became a clear concern, but if we had a trip coming up in the next few weeks, we'd cancel. DH is a severe asthmatic and I have an immune system disorder, so we're not in a position to take chances. We'd been planning a family road trip to Washington, D.C. over Easter break, which has now been nixed in favor of a staycation.

Upvote 0

DimpledDevil18

you do know florida is not a safe place to visit right now, right?

My trip is not until August. It would be an entirely different story if it were now. I don’t see a reason to put my plans on the shelf just yet. Airline tickets were just released and we’d rather jump on them now to lock in the best price. If we have to postpone we’ll postpone, but we’ll cross that bridge when it comes to it.

Upvote 0

MissViv

With Disneyland closing tomorrow, WDW will follow suit soon. The parks will probably be closed all of April if not longer.

Upvote 0

Gillyanne

We have a trip planned the last week of April. Staying off property with APs (so at least no dated tickets to change) when we saw that DL was closing I asked the fam what we thought. Sounds like as long as our resort doesn't close we'll still go even if the [now announced] WDW closure extends. Kids will have a blast swimming every day, and we have family in satellite beach and Indian Rocks beach to visit with. Maybe actually go to the beach for a day or 2 since I haven't actually been to one on forever.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom