Anyone book thru DVC Rental Store?

Megatronus

Hi all. Last year, after I booked my most recent visit to WDW, I stumbled upon DVC Rental Store. Bookmarked it and kept them in mind, but was a little apprehensive to committing to the idea of using them. Now I am currently trying to book my trip for Feb 2018. I'm considering booking through them, but was curious if anyone has had any experiences with them. Their Facebook page is an endless stream of Disney guests from all over singing their praises and sharing their pics. Just wanted to know if anyone here has ever book their trip with them and if they could give a full recap of it (when did you go, where you able to get your first or second choice on resort, how the process was, etc). They seem legit and I like the glowing reviews they're getting from people on Facebook, but it would be nice to hear more than 1-2 sentences.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I haven't So can't give details being I'm a member myself, but know many who have from them and David's. Those are the 2 most used rental sites for DVC. Very reliable and highly recomended. ;)

Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

I used David's for my trip last fall and it was a great experience overall. They were great with communication and responded back in the timeframe that they say they will. It's an easy enough process. I will use them again without hesitation.
Of course the money that you save is fantastic, I'd never be able to really justify staying at a Deluxe, but booking through David's was a big money saver.
I love that they have the price calculator on their page so you can easily play with dates and see the cost in an easy to read table.
I stayed at OKW, my first choice, in a studio, and can't say enough good things about the resort. Loved it, and I highly recommend Davids. I took advantage of the PayPal Credit payment option....6 months no interest!

Upvote 0

Klpalmer

I've booked through DVC rental store twice now. Once for a previous trip and once for an upcoming trip this September. I've also attempted to book through them on two other occasion but the accomodations I wanted werent available (I'm very picky). Both times I did book my first choice was available. I booked this time about 7mths before and previously at 5 mths both for Animal Kingdom lodge and both times saved well over $1000 from Disney's rate even with a passholder discount. Both trips for September dates. They always provided options for similar accomodations including dates and prices if my first/second choice were not available. Lindsay has been my travel advisor on all booked trips and availability request. I can assure you she was always quick to respond to all my questions. Even when I requested she check multiple additional accomodations/dates and did not end up booking through the DVC store for the specific trip she was always timely and willing to check as many dates and resort I asked. She even assisted me in changing my dates requested while the reservation was already being booked by the member. I wonder highly recommend using them!

Upvote 0

goofy5380

I have used David's rentals 3 years ago and it was so easy and great to deal with and I'm again using David's for our 40th anniversary stay at AKL in 60 days. Can't wait.
Great bunch of people and very easy for the whole process....saving a ton of dough is a good thing.
would highly recommend David's

Upvote 0

wplong1

Premium Member
We used DVC Rental Store for our February trip this year. Bethani was our agent. It was a 100% smooth, zero issues, would definitely use again deal. We had a gorgeous 1 bedroom at the Villas Grand Floridian on the top floor (1516 to be exact. Will ask for the same room next time.) with a view of Space Mountain/Contemporary/top of the castle. That was our first choice, honestly it was quick, simple, easy, and no issues or questions at check in or any other time. All communication was quick, detailed, and Bethani was wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend her. Happy to answer any other questions.

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

So glad someone else asked about this because I've been considering going this route for our next trip.
Honestly I think my only concern is not being able to cancel once you've made your reservation. I'm such a worrier.. but what if something happens??

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

So glad someone else asked about this because I've been considering going this route for our next trip.
Honestly I think my only concern is not being able to cancel once you've made your reservation. I'm such a worrier.. but what if something happens??

In the past, we've gotten vacation insurance through Travelguard (AIG) to cover non-refundable portions of our vacation costs, including DVC rentals. (Sometimes we get the insurance and sometimes we don't, depending on how much we're spending, who's going on the trip, etc.) You might want to call and speak with one of their reps directly, to be sure you purchase a plan that will cover your needs.

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

In the past, we've gotten vacation insurance through Travelguard (AIG) to cover non-refundable portions of our vacation costs, including DVC rentals. (Sometimes we get the insurance and sometimes we don't, depending on how much we're spending, who's going on the trip, etc.) You might want to call and speak with one of their reps directly, to be sure you purchase a plan that will cover your needs.

Thank you! Never really considered travel insurance before, but definitely might be the right choice. Thanks so much

Upvote 0

Megatronus

Original Poster
Thanks to all of you who responded on David's and DVC Rental. I've browsed both multiple times, so it's nice to hear so many nice things about each. This gives me a little more peace of mind in booking with them. I will admit that I had a lot of apprehension on giving it a try, even knowing how much it could save me. Between the DVC Rental Store's Facebook page and now your feedback, I've decided to give it a try.

The DVC Rental Store actually offers an insurance too. For an added cost per point, there's a cancel for any reason guarantee. Not sure how the cost compares to travel insurance, as I've never looked into it.

I used David's for my trip last fall and it was a great experience overall. They were great with communication and responded back in the timeframe that they say they will. It's an easy enough process. I will use them again without hesitation.
Of course the money that you save is fantastic, I'd never be able to really justify staying at a Deluxe, but booking through David's was a big money saver.
I love that they have the price calculator on their page so you can easily play with dates and see the cost in an easy to read table.
I stayed at OKW, my first choice, in a studio, and can't say enough good things about the resort. Loved it, and I highly recommend Davids. I took advantage of the PayPal Credit payment option....6 months no interest!

The savings are phenomenal! That's one reason I was a little leery. The old "If it's too good to be true..." saying was echoing through my head. Knowing I could get a studio at a deluxe resort for comparable cost to a standard room at a moderate, seemed awesome. Also, glad to hear your feedback on OKW. I am trying for Boardwalk, but OKW is my second choice; so it's nice to hear you loved it. May I ask when you were there and how busy/crowded you felt the resort was?

We used DVC Rental Store for our February trip this year. Bethani was our agent. It was a 100% smooth, zero issues, would definitely use again deal.

Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

Tk0021

We booked through the rental store and it was very smooth so far. Our trip is in 13 days :D I was a little concerned before we started but they were great and very responsive to all my emails and questions. They would always answer the same day for my questions. I think our experience was a little unique because we were trying to corordinate between us also renting points off a friend. We ended up with renting two rooms, one from friend( at coast) and one from rental store at AK. Our friends only had enough points left for AK or a similarly priced resort, but we chose AK because of the unique animal experience.

The one thing that I didn't like was there was a 3% fee for booking the dinning plan through them, but that was it.

I hope we have a smooth check in.

Upvote 0

Megatronus

Original Poster
I hope we have a smooth check in.

If you happen to think of it in two weeks, please reply to let me know how it goes. Based on these other responses, should be no problem!

The one thing that I didn't like was there was a 3% fee for booking the dinning plan through them, but that was it.

I don't use dining plan, so that doesn't impact me. Since I don't use it though, I am a little ignorant on its booking process. Do you have to book it through them or couldnt you book dining plan direct with Disney after Rental Store gives you your reservation number?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
If you happen to think of it in two weeks, please reply to let me know how it goes. Based on these other responses, should be no problem!

I don't use dining plan, so that doesn't impact me. Since I don't use it though, I am a little ignorant on its booking process. Do you have to book it through them or couldnt you book dining plan direct with Disney after Rental Store gives you your reservation number?

No, for a DVC booking, you have to make it through member services - and only the owner can do this.

Upvote 0

ggsport98

Hi all. Last year, after I booked my most recent visit to WDW, I stumbled upon DVC Rental Store. Bookmarked it and kept them in mind, but was a little apprehensive to committing to the idea of using them. Now I am currently trying to book my trip for Feb 2018. I'm considering booking through them, but was curious if anyone has had any experiences with them. Their Facebook page is an endless stream of Disney guests from all over singing their praises and sharing their pics. Just wanted to know if anyone here has ever book their trip with them and if they could give a full recap of it (when did you go, where you able to get your first or second choice on resort, how the process was, etc). They seem legit and I like the glowing reviews they're getting from people on Facebook, but it would be nice to hear more than 1-2 sentences.

We just recently booked through Davids for May of 2018 at the beach club. The process with davids so far has been great. The one thing I can say is this, we tried to book through DVC rental store first. Even went as far as put down a down payment, but they didn't book a room or even get back to us for over 2 weeks. Not a peep from them. We got frustrated and felt forgot about. We contacted davids and tried to book through them, they honestly booked us a villa at the beach club in 24hours and 11 min, at that point we still hadn't herd back from DVC. So we contacted DVCrental and asked them to cancel there search and refund us, which they did so in a timely fashion.

I guess what I'm trying to say I DVC rental wasn't bad just made us feel unimportant and we didn't like waiting on a vacation we wanted to book. Davids was nice and prompt and got us exactly what we wanted and actually saved us 250 dollars over DVC rental. Anythings good when you are paying Disney prices. Hope that gives a little help. Won't know more till May of 2018 ha ha

Upvote 0

Megatronus

Original Poster
We just recently booked through Davids for May of 2018 at the beach club. The process with davids so far has been great. The one thing I can say is this, we tried to book through DVC rental store first. Even went as far as put down a down payment, but they didn't book a room or even get back to us for over 2 weeks. Not a peep from them. We got frustrated and felt forgot about. We contacted davids and tried to book through them, they honestly booked us a villa at the beach club in 24hours and 11 min, at that point we still hadn't herd back from DVC. So we contacted DVCrental and asked them to cancel there search and refund us, which they did so in a timely fashion.

I guess what I'm trying to say I DVC rental wasn't bad just made us feel unimportant and we didn't like waiting on a vacation we wanted to book. Davids was nice and prompt and got us exactly what we wanted and actually saved us 250 dollars over DVC rental. Anythings good when you are paying Disney prices. Hope that gives a little help. Won't know more till May of 2018 ha ha

Thanks for the honest insight! I've taken the plunge with DVC Rental Store. So far, super responsive. Let's see how that holds.

Upvote 0

Disneyfreak Jen

I can't say enough good things about OKW, I really enjoyed it. I was there from October 1-8...Saturday to Saturday. Hurricane Matthew arrived on the Thursday into Friday. I thought the resort and Disney in general did a great job preparing guests and communicating throughout it.
Back to your question, the resort didn't feel crowded at all, but I didn't go to the main pool area at all, I stayed in the Turtle Pond section in building 41, in the studio upstairs on the end right next to the pool. Excellent location!! The pool has the laundry and snack bar with a good selection of food and drink options. The bus didn't go into the cul-de-sac right in front of my building so it was quiet. (You'll see what I mean if you pull up the resort map). The bus stop was literally less than a 2 minute walk.
Bus service was the best I'd ever had at any Disney resort. Not only did I get a seat every time, but usually there were only 10 people on the bus. A few times I had it to myself.
Weather was more rainy than compared to the end of October, so I probably wouldn't go that early in the month again. I typically go end of October or early November.
All that being said, the parks were busy. It was not a "quiet" period for Disney, there were plenty of people there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom