Anyone been to WDW and not ridden certain rides?

SewIn2Disney

For those of you who haven't been to Festival of the Lion King, you don't know what your missing! That is my favorite attraction in all of WDW! It's better then some Broadway shows I've seen. Beauty and the Beast is great as well.

As for me, I haven't been on:
Triceratop Spin
Impressions de France
Pochahontas and her Forest Friends
The Circle of Life (in The Land)
Stitch's Great Escape (don't ever plan on going on this one)
Body Wars (I wish I could go on this though, I was never old enough when it was open)
Playhouse Disney
Journey into Narnia

Wow! That's more then I thought. I'm going to have to rectify the situation when I go in August!

SewIn2Disney

MontyMon said:
There are quite a few things we haven't done yet. Not for fear or disinterest, just haven't made it yet.

Four trips to WDW and one to DLR and we have yet to do:

Magic Kingdom:

Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats

I don't think the Junior Jungle Boats are there anymore, so you don't have to worry about that!

DDuck1974

Hmm, interesting thread.

Epcot:
- I have never done everything in Innoventions, if that counts. We always walk around, maybe try out the video games and the computer stuff, but we have never done the house of the future or most of the other exhibits. I miss the Communicores.
- Have not done Turtle Talk with Crush, but will take care of that on the next trip.

MK -- I think we have seen everything.

AK -- Everest, all of Chester and Hester,

MGM -- Playhouse Disney and Sounds Dangerous. I see a lot of people have not done these. Does anyone think I am missing out if I have not seen either of them (we don't have kids yet)?

SewIn2Disney said:
For those of you who haven't been to Festival of the Lion King, you don't know what your missing! That is my favorite attraction in all of WDW! It's better then some Broadway shows I've seen. Beauty and the Beast is great as well.
Me and my family enjoyed Festival of the Lion King a little but I found it went on too long. We recorded the show but we always bypass it on the video (I believe it may be cut on our Florida DVD too). I think it's much better for people who like things like Cirque Du Solei but dont want to pay the high prices for it and also have little kids that can participate in the action.

as for rides I havent done well...

-Astro Orbiter (ugh)
-Sounds Dangerous
-Star tours (I did it at Paris but not at Florida yet)
-Wonders of China
-Turtle Talk with Crush (Living seas was closed when we went :cry:)
-The making of me
-Body Wars
-Tower of Terror
-Rock n Roller Coaster

Last year we struck a few more rides off out list including Country Bear Jamboriee and Hall of Presidents (Country bear REALLY needs a refirb or something). I dont suggest Hall of Presidents to anyone as a ride. It's a nice quiet sitdown though! XD

sbkline

I usually try to do all the rides, just so I can say I did them. But I know I haven't done the rides in Toon Town Fair, and I have not done several of the non-ride attractions, such as the Lion King stuff at EPCOT and AK.

PatsRule

MK: Never done Tomorrowland Speedway

MGM: Never done Playhouse Disney...kids are older so probably never will

AK: Flights of Wonder

That's it. Done everything else at least once.

yazmin182

PatsRule said:
MK: Never done Tomorrowland Speedway

MGM: Never done Playhouse Disney...kids are older so probably never will

AK: Flights of Wonder

That's it. Done everything else at least once.

"Tomorrowland Speedway" and "Flights of Wonder"- You are defintely not missing out on anything!

Is it just me or is the Speedway just a horrible attraction? It goes sooo slow and you need some strength to manuever those slight turns. I always feel exhausted after I ride it so I wont be doing that again.

Also, the Flights of Wonder, it is like every other bird show there is IMO. It's fun to go maybe once but nothing special there.

HoW

When I was about 4/5 my dad took me on Space Mountain twice in a row (although my mother says after the first trip I had that terrified look on my face but covered it with excitment) and I was so horrified that I didn't step on a roller-coaster (aside from Thunder and Splash) until I was 21. I still to this day have yet to get back onto Space Mountain, although I'm considering attempting it on my next trip.

T-1MILLION

Actually I do have one ride at WDW that I have NEVER done. I know it is dumb, I go all the time, but it is the Astro Orbiter. I think I am just gonna stick it out one of these trips and just ride it. I have no fear and by stick it out I mean the lines. It seems it is just the way the capacity is, but next time I go in the fall I may take a few spins. I always suprise myself with the fact that I have never been on it.:D

-Preston

DisneyGal126

Stuff I have not experienced yet at WDW:

MK-
Carousel of Progress
Indy Speedway
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Astro Orbiter
Time Keeper
Tom Sawyer Island
Hall of Presidents
Cinderellabration

Epcot-
American Adventure
El Rio Del Tiempo
Maelstorm
Mission: SPACE
Soarin'
The Living Seas (and everything in it)
The Land
Wonders of Life

MGM-
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster
Playhouse Disney
Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Play It

Animal Kingdom-
Expedition Everest
Pocahontas and her Friends
The boneyard
Tricera Top Spin

I've also never been to Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach (but that is because this will be my first summer trip to Disney), or the Wide World of Sports Complex.

Of course there are like 10 things on that list that I skip on purpose... like Tricera Top Spin and The Boneyard seeing as I'm 21 :lookaroun :lol:

The stuff in blue is what I plan on experiencing when I leave THIS WEEKEND :D

sbkline

T-1MILLION said:
Actually I do have one ride at WDW that I have NEVER done. I know it is dumb, I go all the time, but it is the Astro Orbiter. I think I am just gonna stick it out one of these trips and just ride it. I have no fear and by stick it out I mean the lines. It seems it is just the way the capacity is, but next time I go in the fall I may take a few spins. I always suprise myself with the fact that I have never been on it.:D

Astro Orbiter, Dumbo, Flying Carpets and Triceratops Spin are all basically just the same ride, packaged a little differently. The only thing different about AO is that is is much higher up off the ground, so you get a better view over the park. But for the most part, if you've done one, you've done them all. Even so, with a few exceptions, I like to do each ride, just to say I've done it and feel like I have sufficiently done the park. So, I do all of these rides every time I go.

T-1MILLION

sbkline said:
T-1MILLION said:

Astro Orbiter, Dumbo, Flying Carpets and Triceratops Spin are all basically just the same ride, packaged a little differently. The only thing different about AA is that is is much higher up off the ground, so you get a better view over the park. But for the most part, if you've done one, you've done them all. Even so, with a few exceptions, I like to do each ride, just to say I've done it and feel like I have sufficiently done the park. So, I do all of these rides every time I go.

I know I know they are all the same rides. It is just the principle of the fact there is actually a ride at WDW I have never done..ha:wave:

-Preston

sbkline

DisneyGal126 said:
Stuff I have not experienced yet at WDW:

MK-
Carousel of Progress
Indy Speedway
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Astro Orbiter
Time Keeper
Tom Sawyer Island
Hall of Presidents
Cinderellabration

Epcot-
American Adventure
El Rio Del Tiempo
Maelstorm
Mission: SPACE
Soarin'
The Living Seas (and everything in it)
The Land
Wonders of Life

MGM-
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster
Playhouse Disney
Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Play It

Animal Kingdom-
Expedition Everest
Pocahontas and her Friends
The boneyard
Tricera Top Spin

I've also never been to Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach (but that is because this will be my first summer trip to Disney), or the Wide World of Sports Complex.

Of course there are like 10 things on that list that I skip on purpose... like Tricera Top Spin and The Boneyard seeing as I'm 21 :lookaroun :lol:

The stuff in blue is what I plan on experiencing when I leave THIS WEEKEND :D

What's the difference between the stuff in blue and the stuff in black?

sbkline

I know I know they are all the same rides. It is just the principle of the fact there is actually a ride at WDW I have never done..ha:wave:

Exactly. Which is why I put the last part of my post in there, wherein I said that I make sure to do these rides just to know that I did them. Well, that, plus they are still fun, even if they are all the same ride, basically. :wave:

T-1MILLION

sbkline said:

Exactly. Which is why I put the last part of my post in there, wherein I said that I make sure to do these rides just to know that I did them. Well, that, plus they are still fun, even if they are all the same ride, basically. :wave:

Ha I think it is just something about the "up high feeling" that gives AO an extra thrill.
:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
sbkline said:
What's the difference between the stuff in blue and the stuff in black?

The stuff in blue hasn't been done, but will be this weekend... Read to the bottom. :animwink:

DisneySam

Great Topic Idea!!!
I have never been on or to:

MK: Tom Sawyer's Island
Liberty Belle River Boat
The Astro Orbiter [the line is usually killer!]
Goofy's Barnstormer [Next trip!]

EPCOT: Any of the Country Movies
Ellen's Energy Adventure
The Land
The Living Seas

MGM: Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Playhouse Disney
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire

AK: Dinosaur
Conservation Station
Its Tough to be a Bug

Wow for going to Disney as many times as I have that seems like a LOT! Country Bears and the Tiki Room are two of my favorites. Just classic you know. And Sounds Dangerous isn't terrible. Its a nice place to cool off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom