Anyone Been to Disney Early February?

Hoosierwdw

Original Poster
Whats Weather & crowds like? We are thinking of pulling Kids out of school and heading to WDW feb 3-10 2007. Our first trip to wdw was in july 2005 very hot & crowded.:wave:

MickeyMad

Hi there :wave: - welcome to the best boards in the world! We went the first two weeks in February 2002 and had no problems at all with the crowds, hardly any in fact. The weather was good during the day but at night it was a bit cool and first thing in the morning. Our next trip will be the first two weeks in March next year - so here's hoping the weather and crowds will be good for us again. :sohappy:

dixiegirl

We went this past Feb. There hundreds of cheerleaders. The crowds were rather large. And we froze our butts off. Had to buy winter coats and everything. But maybe we just hit a cold spell. Hope yours is warmer. But really can't complain we were still at Disney. We also got stuck their for two more days because of snow storm in Rhode Island canceled our flight home.

Videoteck

I also went in Febuaray the weather is perfect but there was more people than I thought would be there, the actually was quite a average amount of people there.

tigsmom

We've also been in February and enjoyed it quite a bit. The weather was cool, but it was still 30 degrees warmer than here in upstate NY and there was no snow. :D

The crowds are quite manageable and the lines were not long at all.

Nemo14

We go during President's week (3rd week of Feb), and we usually have great weather. However, according to my family members who live down there, the weather can be pretty cold during the weeks before that (they had frost this year). As Mad says though, there's no snow :sohappy:, and compared to what we have here in New England in February, it's wonderful!

We've been the first week of February for the past 5 years. February is the month of the Cheer and Dance Nationals competitions, beginning the 1st week of February. Which makes the parks more crowded than it normally would be for that time of year but not as crowded as peak season. The weather has varied, from spring temps to so cold you needed a coat, hat and gloves. This past February it was 70,s during some day's, rainy others, upper 30's and 40's at night.

ChipnDaleGal

I went in mid-Feb a year ago and the weather was really nice - 60s and even high 70s. The crowds weren't bad either, especially compared to August like I'm used to! Then I went again this past February but earlier in the month and it was much colder. It warms up enough during the day to walk around without a jacket, but the mornings and evenings are pretty chilly. I would definitely suggest going at this time of the year (it's my favorite) but make sure you pack long pants and jackets or else you'll find yourself buying that $50 sweatshirt from the gift shop to keep warm! :lol:

tigsmom

ChipnDaleGal said:
I went in mid-Feb a year ago and the weather was really nice - 60s and even high 70s. The crowds weren't bad either, especially compared to August like I'm used to! Then I went again this past February but earlier in the month and it was much colder. It warms up enough during the day to walk around without a jacket, but the mornings and evenings are pretty chilly. I would definitely suggest going at this time of the year (it's my favorite) but make sure you pack long pants and jackets or else you'll find yourself buying that $50 sweatshirt from the gift shop to keep warm! :lol:

One year we woke up and it was 27 degrees! :eek: We ended up buying 4 of those sweatshirts in MGM.

MyFavPlace

Went this past February 4-11. Parks seemed to be crowded with people, but ride wait times were low. Rode nearly every ride at Magic Kingdom in about a 6 hour period (including the rides in Fantasyland which averaged only about a 10 minute wait). Weather was cool the week we were there (highs in the mid 60s, lows in the low 40s), but it varies. The week before we were down the weather was in the upper 70s, low 80s. Cheerleaders were everywhere - especially at the Caribbean Beach where we stayed. I would recommend staying away from the Caribbean during this time because of this. I think they may also stay at the All Star Resorts, but I'm not sure. Park hours are shorter and some events (like the Spectromagic parade, for example) are only offered on certain days. If you go the first week in February, you can still get value resort rates, as they don't usually increase until the second or third week. That will save you a significant amount of money if you're staying on property.

pintraderpayee

Check the DisneyWorld.com site to see when WDW is hosting cheerleaders, graduates, etc. I hear from other Louisianians that a WDW Mardi Gras is very nice and not too crowded. Check the calendar though since Mardi Gras is based on Easter's date and Easter is based on the phases of the moon:D

16 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 27 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom