Anyone at WDW in September?

kverdon

Well we made it!!!!!! We've been here since Sat eve and are having a ball. We LOVE Boardwalk and how close it is to Epcot WS, we walk there at least once a day.

What we can't believe is THERE IS NOBODY HERE! We have never seen the parks this slow. We have been in the parks three days, hit all the main parks and still have not used a fast-pass. We've been able to walk onto any ride we've wanted. If this is indicative of the crowds just after labor day, we've found the right time to come. Will file full report on return.

LOVE Mission Space,

Kevin

chezhead

Originally posted by kverdon What we can't believe is THERE IS NOBODY HERE! We have never seen the parks this slow. We have been in the parks three days, hit all the main parks and still have not used a fast-pass. We've been able to walk onto any ride we've wanted. If this is indicative of the crowds just after labor day, we've found the right time to come.

My family and I just returned last Friday after spending three days at WDW after labor day and found the same thing. My 3 year old did the Buzz Lightyear ride with either my wife or I about 4 times in less than 30 minutes. The lack of lines made the humidity more bearable.

WendyOkada

What we can't believe is THERE IS NOBODY HERE! We have never seen the parks this slow. We have been in the parks three days, hit all the main parks and still have not used a fast-pass. We've been able to walk onto any ride we've wanted.

You guys are getting me SO excited to go now (even more so than before)!! I love SHORT lines! It will be really good too since we have a group of 13 so that if we can get in/out of attractions quickly, and wander around pavillions, etc. without crowds, I think it'll be better for everyone involved.

Thanks for the update and looking forward to everyone's trip reports!

3 days and 23 hours to go....!!!!

BRER STITCH

This info from the WDW website this morning.....
Looks like the 20th - 27th was a good week after all!!!
:sohappy:

Q. What attractions are currently closed?

A. To provide Walt Disney World® Guests with the highest-quality experience, attraction maintenance is occasionally necessary. Please refer to the following schedule to see what attractions may be closed during all or part of your next visit. For updated details, you may wish to call (407) WDW-MAGIC (939-6244)†, just prior to your visit. Dates of refurbishment are subject to change without notice.

Magic Kingdom® Park

Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and other popular Disney characters will appear in three-dimensional animation at "Mickey's PhilharMagic Orchestra," a new attraction scheduled to debut in 2003 in the Magic Kingdom Park. This attraction will replace Legend of the Lion King, which is now closed to help prepare for this new attraction.

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress - Open seasonally
The Timekeeper - Open seasonally
Big Thunder Mountain will be closed for refurbishment August 24, 2003 - November 22, 2003.
The Swiss Family Treehouse will be closed for refurbishment
September 8, 2003 - October 24, 2003.
Due to refurbishment of the Castle Forecourt Stage, there will be no performances of Cinderella's Surprise Celebration nor will there be Castle Forecourt Meet and Greet opportunities September 2 - 20, 2003.

Epcot®- No changes

Disney-MGM Studios

Magic of Disney Animation will be closed for refurbishment
September 30, 2003 - November 23, 2003.
Rock 'N' Roller Coaster will be closed for refurbishment
September 6 - September 14.
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ will be closed for refurbishment
October 13 - October 18.

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park

Festival of the Lion King Theater will be closed for refurbishment
August 25 - September 19.

Downtown Disney® area - No changes

Water Parks - No changes

Hey all you late September folks.... I'm planning a mini-meet the night of the 25th around 8pm at Jellyroll's... If any of you want to show up PM me or let me know here... the more the merrier!

SnowWhite5669

I am so excited only 2 days and counting.... we leave late on Saturday though because I have to work!! Oh well, bright and early Sunday morning we will be headed to the parks!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

NADisney

Staying at the All Star Movies from Sept 24th thru Oct 2...

Yea ..I get to see Mickey's Philarmagic on Opening Day......

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :wave:

Originally posted by jordanyosh

European 8/29-9/12-- Now having fun
Disneyfan123 8/30-9/14-- Lucky dog
DamonDisney 8/31-9/7 AKL-- Wish I was there
leeocean 9/5-9/9 Dolphin--spent some qt w/ freak
WDWFREAK53 9/5-9/9 Dolphin--genius writer
KDavis 9/5-9/14--no fabian to worry about
gjpjtj 9/5-9/15 ASMo--Loving it
Lauren 9/6-9/8 BWV--loving the BW
thebubster 9/6-9/13--relaxing by the pool
wdwhoneymooner 9/6-9/13--reliving the magic--"little souvenir?"
Kverdon 9/6-9/13 BW--enjoying the east coast
DisneyMan 9/6-9/13 BWV--loving the BW
Flounder 9/6-9/13 BWV--is the clown scary
Jheltz 9/6-9/13 ASSp--can't get enough
Abu21 9/6-9/17 AKL--see u the 14th
Wsapooh 9/7-9/11 Poly then 4-day DCL--no Isabel!
Joalovar 9/7-9/12--enjoying the Magic
Ultra Magnus 9/7-9/21 CBR--love Port Royale
goofyfordisney 9/13 WL
magicjay1989 9/13 Happy Birthday
enough 9/13-9/18
Danny 9/13-9/20 Poly
SnowWhite5669 9/14-??
Jordanyosh 9/14-9/21 BWV then 4-day DCL
WendyOkada 9/14-9/21 BWV then 4-day DCL
Clemster 9/15-9/25
Figaro 9/18-9/21 WL then 4-day DCL
courtland 9/19-9/26 WL
Brer Stitch 9/20-9/27 WL
becky 9/20-9/27 ASM
DisneyBound 9/20-9/28 CBR
mel21832 9/21-9/25 VWL
WDWDave 9/21-9/25 VWL
mickeynut 9/21-9/26 WL
Momx3 9/21-9/28 ASMo
MaureenAshton 9/22-9/30 POR
Gene Kocher 9/23-9/28 POR
NADisney 9/24-10/2 AsMo
FantasiaBish 9/25-10/2 ASMu
Dreanna 9/26-10/3
Crackerjack 9/27-10/4 AKL
DisneyFan2000 9/28-10/5
Eljay Third Weekend
kicker Sometime after 9/12

Just added 2 more names......less than 24 hours to go and time is standing still..............

WendyOkada

tick tock tick tock

six and a half more hours at work and then i'm off! (well, home to finish packing and cleaning....)

but no more work until the 29th!!! whoo hoo!

can't wait! and i think i packed too many clothes. might have to take some out... :lol:

see you in a couple days!!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

gjpjtj

Well, we're back.:( We had a great time!!! Mission:Space is awesome. I rode it 5 times. Most of the trip, the parks were empty (except the weekends). Hopefeully I can do a trip report this weekend. I will post a link when I do! Everyone else have a great trip!!:)

The countdown has really begun.... I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon so I get there early Thursday...... I can't wait to see M:S... see ya'll later.

WendyOkada

Back home...

Back from our vacation... so sad...

But had a GREAT time! Mission: Space is SOOOOOO cool (although the rest of our party may disagree)... rode it 6 times (2x in a row and then 4x in a row)... love that single rider line...

Lines were phenomenal (as in non-existent) and weather was perfect and even less rainy than September normally is (it only rained 2x while we were there!).

Ohhhhh sooooo nice.

Will hopefully post trip report soon... had a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom