Anybody wish to share their packing list ?

whatnext

Be interesting to see what everyone else brings to make the stay enjoyable. Hate to get stuck paying resort prices for the obvious items we needed and didn't think of. We'll be taking our two year old on his first of many trips to WDW. Thanks .

Miss Bell

robynchic Two pairs of shoes said:
How do your Converse hold up with all the walking--this is something I've thought about doing, but worried that in the end, they wouldn't have enough support.

As for packing, my best tips are: I always pack a full medium suitcase inside an empty large one, so I have enough room for all the goodies I buy.

I pack half of everyone's clothes in each suitcase, so that everyone has some underwear, some socks, and a couple of outfits, in case one suitcase gets lost or delayed (this actually happened once.)

I sort my dirty laundry into separate suitcases, as the week goes on, so that when I get home, it's ready to go into the washing machine.

I always carry plenty of wet ones, purell, band-aids, and neosporin, chapstick, and sunscreen with me.

Upvote 0

wired

GoofyMom2 said:
Nightlite if little ones need it

Forget little ones. We stayed at AKL, and I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, and the room was dark, half a sleep feeling my way to the end of the bed, walk head first into the TV cabinet. Needless to say, those little green/blue nightlights go with us all the time now... OUCH! :brick:

wired

Upvote 0

robynchic

Miss Bell said:
How do your Converse hold up with all the walking--this is something I've thought about doing, but worried that in the end, they wouldn't have enough support.
My Chucks hold up fine. The only complaint I may have is that my knees will start to hurt at the end of the day. Then again, that could be the amount of walking.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
wired said:
Forget little ones. We stayed at AKL, and I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, and the room was dark, half a sleep feeling my way to the end of the bed, walk head first into the TV cabinet. Needless to say, those little green/blue nightlights go with us all the time now... OUCH! :brick:

wired

Stayed at AKL earlier this month. The clock has a built-in night light... Provided more than enough light to navigate the room. The sink area has a lit light switch so it's easy to find.

No need to bring your own.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

wired said:

wired

OUCH is right! I've done that.......

We always bring them when we travel because our one son really likes to have one on and in a "strange" room it's nice to have. Sorry, Disney, didn't mean to call your rooms strange! :lol:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

The one thing that I can say that we never forget is the Britta Travel Bottle. It gets rid of the taste and smell of that lovely Florida water, the only problem is now I can't seem to find more of the filters for the stupid things. Everybody seems to have the bottles but not the filters. I'm getting tired of buying the whole thing.:cry:

Upvote 0

Nansafan

To you nightlight people, we just leave the bathroom light on and have the door opened a crack. The place you are most likely to go to in the middle of the night is the bathroom so with the light on, it is a beacon.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I always pack Immodium tablets too - just in case!

When my kids were little, I used to pack complete outfits in individual bags so they knew exactly what things matched. My DD is almost 21 now and still packs "outfits" together!

We just started using Brita bottles last year, and they saved us quite a lot. I'm not sure how they'd work with the little ones though - they're kind of heavy.

I'm a germaphobe too, so I used to give the kids their baths in their bathing suits, then stand them up to wash their "privates".

Upvote 0

Gucci65

BAND-AIDS

One year this physco stroller lady tried to hobble me. She nearly completed her mission. The kind folks at MGM got me back to the front and bandaged it up for me.

The next morning was a problem. Fresh out of the shower and no band-aids. Paid an outrageous price for 5 bandaids at the resort store.

Upvote 0

saberdisney316

packing list

I would recommend bringing at least one backpack for the parks, easier to carry essentials around. You should bring your won water too if you can in the parks it runs between $2.5 and $4 a bottle I think so you could spend a lot there. Wet Wipes or a damp wash cloth are good for messes.

Try to wear shorts that are of a quick dry material in case you are on Splash Mtn. or Kali Riv. otherwise you could be uncomfortable. Bringing extra stuff and renting a locker for about $5 a day is good too so you don't have to carry everything around at once.

2 pairs of shoes incase one cause blisters, or get wet, and asprin or something too

Upvote 0

MOMI2KIDS

carry on musts!

Learned this be experience on our last trip to WDW. Eveyone's suitcaase but mine arrived.

Pack, one outfit for everyone, one bathing suit for all, nightclothes for all and any nessacary items, toothbrushes,meds.

It saved me as my suitcase didn;t arrive until way too late.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom