Anybody leaving May 25th on the Fantasy?

Luige11

Original Poster
I'm leaving on the 25th of May for a Seven Day Western Caribbean. Would be nice to meet up and have a chat and maybe hangout. :)

wdwstateofmind

I won't be but I'll hide you something on the ship and we can see if it's still there...I'm going to sailing the itinerary before you and enjoy lame things as such...let me know if you want to play hide and seek

sweetpee_1993

@heatherkathleen, we are deck 9 all the way aft. Our balconies look off the back of the ship.

What excursions y'all got planned? Both of the excursions we are doing are not thru the cruise line which will be different for us. In Grand Cayman we booked a private charter to see Stingray City and do some snorkeling. Costa Maya we haven't planned anything. We are viewing that as an optional get off the ship day. In Cozumel we booked the Xrails to Jade Caverns. No real cost savings but by booking privately our licensed teens can drive. No real plans for CC. Still checking religiously for the elusive cabana but I'm highly doubtful one will pop up. Oh well. Still gonna be a fabulous day!

heatherkatheleen

@heatherkathleen, we are deck 9 all the way aft. Our balconies look off the back of the ship.

What excursions y'all got planned? Both of the excursions we are doing are not thru the cruise line which will be different for us. In Grand Cayman we booked a private charter to see Stingray City and do some snorkeling. Costa Maya we haven't planned anything. We are viewing that as an optional get off the ship day. In Cozumel we booked the Xrails to Jade Caverns. No real cost savings but by booking privately our licensed teens can drive. No real plans for CC. Still checking religiously for the elusive cabana but I'm highly doubtful one will pop up. Oh well. Still gonna be a fabulous day!
Wow that sounds great!

My boyfriend will be a first timer on a Disney cruise so we haven't planned any excursions yet. I think he really wants to get to see all the details of the ship, see all it has to offer, and appreciate the architecture (he's an architect so that's his thing lol!) I also have only ever cruised on the Magic and Wonder so I also am being kind of lax about the planning this time around. I really just want to relax, wander around and see where the days take us as opposed to planning things in advance. We're a little reluctant to book any excursions that go too far inland in Cozumel and Costa Maya just because of all the stuff that has being going on in Mexico lately... So I think we'll be beach loungers there. I've done a private charter to see Stingray City & snorkel in Cozumel before (back when I was about 12-13 on the Wonder) and it was awesome! However, I have since developed a fear of stingrays so I don't think that'll happen... Lol!!!! We have given up Cabana hope but I know our day at CC is going to be amazing Cabana or no Cabana because its a wonderful place regardless!

Ps- I read your last TR about your cruise with your boys... It was sooo precious seeing how much they enjoyed the vacation! Really sweet that they're in that age where a lot of kids are "too cool for their parents" but they took the time to appreciate what yourself and your husband did for them! They must be really excited to go again!

sweetpee_1993

@heatherkatheleen, I definitely understand about the reluctance to go too far into Mexico. It's my understanding our military personnel are not even allowed to vacation there. That says something. Originally in Cozumel we were going to do the Xplor park excursion but that requires the ferry to the mainland plus transport to the facility. Hubby wasn't so comfortable venturing inland like that. So, the Xrails to Jade Caverns offers the opporunity to go do something fun & outdoorsy without going over to the mainland. Stays right there on the island! Plus, booking direct they've got a spring/summer special...$20 vouchers to Margaritaville PER PERSON. Um, hello! That's $80 for my family alone! Guess we know where we're going when we're done with the Xrails. LOL! Grand Cayman has a Margaritaville, too. I'm hoping to hit both at least for a quick pic for posterity. I'm such a nerd!

Thanks for the kind words about my boys. Yeah, they're pretty awesome when they aren't making me insane. LOL!

heatherkatheleen

@heatherkatheleen, I definitely understand about the reluctance to go too far into Mexico. It's my understanding our military personnel are not even allowed to vacation there. That says something. Originally in Cozumel we were going to do the Xplor park excursion but that requires the ferry to the mainland plus transport to the facility. Hubby wasn't so comfortable venturing inland like that. So, the Xrails to Jade Caverns offers the opporunity to go do something fun & outdoorsy without going over to the mainland. Stays right there on the island! Plus, booking direct they've got a spring/summer special...$20 vouchers to Margaritaville PER PERSON. Um, hello! That's $80 for my family alone! Guess we know where we're going when we're done with the Xrails. LOL! Grand Cayman has a Margaritaville, too. I'm hoping to hit both at least for a quick pic for posterity. I'm such a nerd!

Thanks for the kind words about my boys. Yeah, they're pretty awesome when they aren't making me insane. LOL!
@sweetpee_1993 Your military personnel aren't allowed to vacation there?! Eek. I'm Canadian so I've never heard anything like that about the American military... Scary stuff. I checked out Xrails to Jade Caverns but its sold out :( You said you didn't book it through the cruise line... Do you think it'd be sold out if I tried to book the same place you did? And omg Margaritaville... I went once with my parents lol! My boyfriend and I are definitely planning on hitting up Senor Frogs either on Cozumel or one of the other islands... Cheapest (but most delicious) drinks around! Lol!

sweetpee_1993

@Luige11 & @heatgerkathleen, lets definitely set up a quicky meet up! What if we met maybe sometime on our first at-sea day??? After lunch? Before lunch? Afternoon??? I'm open to whatever!

sweetpee_1993

@heatherkatheleen, in my research on Cruise Critic & Trip Advisor it seems at least some of the cruise lines contract thru this company:

http://www.wild-tours.com/ns/

We are going on the 10:00 tour so we have to meet in front of Margaritaville (near the end of the pier) at 9:30. The 3 hour tour is $160 per Xrail. They want a 30% deposit via Paypal then you pay the balance when you get there. They get good ratings on Trip Advisor. I bet I've watched youtube videos a dozen times. LOL! I'm not normally one to get down & dirty but this I can't wait to do no matter how filthy we end up. Gonna be fun!

Daisy Duck 50

My family & two other families will be sailing that cruise. So excited!! We will have three thirteen year old girls, one ten year old girl and two boys one seven & one eight! Good times!!!

sweetpee_1993

Wow! We've got a lot of people on this sailing! The first at-sea day sounded good to meet. Do y'all want to try to meet up before or after lunch time??? I'm open to whatever. So fun!

@Daisy Duck 50, between my brother and us we have 4 teenagers: 14(girl), 15(boy), 16(girl), & 17(boy). The boys are mine, girls are my brother's. My brother & his girls are big Disney fans like us but they've never cruised. Should be a LOT of fun watching them make all the magical discoveries onboard!

heatherkatheleen

Wowza! First day on the ship sounds good, we can all meet briefly somewhere and at least get acquainted! I'm not gonna choose a spot & time but once someone else does I'm happy to be there :)

sweetpee_1993

Okay. Was just looking over the deck plans to see where might be a good place to meet that isn't likely to have planned activities going on. I narrowed it down to 2 choices: Cove Cafe which is the adults-only coffee shop on deck 11 by the adult pool ~or~ Vista Cafe on deck 4, midship near the atrium. The Cove Cafe we wouldn't be able to bring any kiddos (not that mine will be anywhere near us anyway..LOL) but it'd be a quiet spot, I think. Should be. Vista Cafe is kinda in the open so if someone needs to bring their kids this would be the place to meet.

The first full day, our first at-sea day seems to be agreeable. What do you think? 10:30 or 1:30???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom