Anybody else worried the push back of Episode 9 Delays SW Land?

ToTBellHop

On an interesting side-note, this should be the first SW film to come out in a "post-Iger" world...though I'm sure he'll see it before he vacates the throne.
Oh, please. He'll extend again.

He'll die before he resigns. We will be talking about Iger departing in 2032. What will the parks look like by then?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Oh, please. He'll extend again.

He'll die before he resigns. We will be talking about Iger departing in 2032. What will the parks look like by then?
IP-Land! Where you submit your wallet at the ticket turnstile and are told by CM's what ride you're going to ride and there will be CM's on-board to make sure everyone is ALWAYS SMILING DAMMIT!!!! You'll be assigned a guest number and entered into a lottery to determine when you can make food and merchandise purchase.

Worst of all, in the middle of Disneyland, they will remove the Walt and Mickey statue in favor of a virtual floating Iger head that can talk to you as you walk around.

In seriousness though, I hope you're wrong. It's bad enough we have to have Iger and co another 2 years....

Jordanaous

Considering SW:GE is based on an entirely new planet, the film has no bearing on the opening. In fact, I very much doubt Episode IX will be the last ever film from the main Star Wars series, so I'd imagine that the entire Star Wars saga will not have been told even if Episode IX came out first...

You'll be assigned a guest number and entered into a lottery to determine when you can make food and merchandise purchase.

Surely the when will be all the time you're in the park? Any opportunity to sell you that all important food & merch...

No Name

Just about every new Star Wars movie has gotten pushed back to December after being initially slated for May.
Just about every new Star Wars movie has had JJ Abrams save the day after he initially denied wanting any involvement.
The fact that Epside IX is now being released in December and directed by JJ Abrams should hardly come as a surprise.

Not sure how this would affect the parks, or why they'd be unhappy with this new timing.

I think the main ride should have Darth Vader, the greatest villain of all time, instead of their new guy. But that's another discussion.

BrianLo

Right, that was my worry. The original plan is that the movie would have been out by the opening of Galaxy's Edge. Now the land is slated to open BEFORE the movie premieres.

Nope, Galaxy's Edge was always opening in Disneyland before episode XI.

AEfx

Disney expects to be making Star Wars films for decades. That's partially why they went with the whole "unseen location" theme, where practically anyone can show up, versus replicating a well-known Star Wars location.

Movielover

Just about every new Star Wars movie has gotten pushed back to December after being initially slated for May.
Just about every new Star Wars movie has had JJ Abrams save the day after he initially denied wanting any involvement.
The fact that Epside IX is now being released in December and directed by JJ Abrams should hardly come as a surprise.

JJ was only involved with The Force Awakens, and the Force Awakens was the only movie to have it's release day moved back, Episode nine not included. Rogue One, Last Jedi, and Han Solo have always been meant to release on their respective release days.

You should really do research before you post you know...

No Name

JJ was only involved with The Force Awakens, and the Force Awakens was the only movie to have it's release day moved back, Episode nine not included. Rogue One, Last Jedi, and Han Solo have always been meant to release on their respective release days.

You should really do research before you post you know...

Here's some research. Take a look.

The Last Jedi pushed back: http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-viii-to-open-december-15-2017
JJ Abrams is an executive producer of The Last Jedi: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/fullcredits/

Movielover

Here's some research. Take a look.

I'll admit I was wrong about the release date, however it was not pushed back sue to production problems like other Star Wars films.
Executive producer credit is almost always a "name drop" title, pretty much all the producing is handled by the actual producers. Do you really think that Stan Lee does that much on the Marvel movies? JJ had several issues when making The Force Awakens, and afterwards distanced himself from the series. I really wonder what they had to give him for him to return.

No Name

I'll admit I was wrong about the release date, however it was not pushed back sue to production problems like other Star Wars films.
Executive producer credit is almost always a "name drop" title, pretty much all the producing is handled by the actual producers. Do you really think that Stan Lee does that much on the Marvel movies? JJ had several issues when making The Force Awakens, and afterwards distanced himself from the series. I really wonder what they had to give him for him to return.

I think JJ was quite eager to get back on. He read the script of Episode 8, and according to actor and friend-since-kindergarten Greg Grunberg, said "It's so good, I wish I were making it." Here's another link: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Big-...-Directing-Star-Wars-Episode-VIII-101767.html

Anyway, my original post was a slight exaggeration, which I see didn't fly very well.

EOD K9

It's not as though the ride will start out with, "Remember that time when Rey died? Good times."
What do you mean she dies???? What do you know about this? OMG, the whole thing is ruined and I can never watch another SW movie or go to DHS again. I demand I be compensated for loss of future entertainment. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom