Anybody else worried the push back of Episode 9 Delays SW Land?

iubigman

Original Poster
You would think the imagineers would have been banking on the "whole story" being told and out there by the time Galaxy's Edge opens.

I worry we are going to see a 2020 opening date now.

iubigman

Original Poster
I'm just thinking about story elements in the attractions that MAY (again, I'm just a worry wart) be tied to plot points from the movies. If those plot points have not been revealed, they would have to alter or delay the attraction opening, you'd think.

iubigman

Original Poster
Nope as IX was due out in May and Orlando's land isn't due till maybe sept/oct depending on how things go.
Right, that was my worry. The original plan is that the movie would have been out by the opening of Galaxy's Edge. Now the land is slated to open BEFORE the movie premieres.

Jedi Stitch

I am going to use my Tangent thought process so bear :) with me.
Pandora, has opened based off the first of five movies and has two attractions. My bet is that that land will expand as the new movies add more to see and know. Ok, I hope this part seams plausible.
Now, Star Wars has been around 3 years longer than I have been alive. The story has been written already. The books are done. So the rides they have chosen are based on what most people want. Ask the average person, everyone wants to be the charming scoundrel who gets the princess in the end. Who din't want to fly the Millineum Falcon. Now in Great Disney Fashion just because they start with a ride doesn't mean over time they wont add or re purpose the ride to fit what will bring the guest in. I get what your saying to you there are 2 more movies, but don't forget these stores have been written for decades. Each main character has a trilogy for themselves. As apposed to Avatar where James Cameron still has to give us the world. Get my rambling tangent I hope? I will admit the movies are taking a creative liberty from the books, and mashing it up a bit, but for the most part...You know what, no Disneyland stays the same so let the next CEO mission statements power combine with all the lands.

iubigman

Original Poster
I am going to use my Tangent thought process so bear :) with me.
Pandora, has opened based off the first of five movies and has two attractions. My bet is that that land will expand as the new movies add more to see and know. Ok, I hope this part seams plausible.
Now, Star Wars has been around 3 years longer than I have been alive. The story has been written already. The books are done. So the rides they have chosen are based on what most people want. Ask the average person, everyone wants to be the charming scoundrel who gets the princess in the end. Who din't want to fly the Millineum Falcon. Now in Great Disney Fashion just because they start with a ride doesn't mean over time they wont add or re purpose the ride to fit what will bring the guest in. I get what your saying to you there are 2 more movies, but don't forget these stores have been written for decades. Each main character has a trilogy for themselves. As apposed to Avatar where James Cameron still has to give us the world. Get my rambling tangent I hope? I will admit the movies are taking a creative liberty from the books, and mashing it up a bit, but for the most part...You know what, no Disneyland stays the same so let the next CEO mission statements power combine with all the lands.

Concur.

Mouse3268

I'm just thinking about story elements in the attractions that MAY (again, I'm just a worry wart) be tied to plot points from the movies. If those plot points have not been revealed, they would have to alter or delay the attraction opening, you'd think.

They are going to be totally rewriting the script over the next few months for Episode 9. I don't think it will be a huge deal.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Not worried about this at all - the two aren't related. It's like saying we should be concerned that SWL is going to open so late after TLJ comes out in theaters. The land itself will have its own backstory and lore that will intersect, but not exist reliant to the plots of either upcoming movie.

ToTBellHop

If we think about when this land was being developed, it is EXTREMELY unlikely that any major plot details from Ep 9 were even available to WDI. Any subtle details would be just that. Kind of like how there are apparently subtle details that refer to Avatar 2, 3, and 4 in Pandora. None of us know what any of these references are and it will only become apparent after the films are released.

It's not as though the ride will start out with, "Remember that time when Rey died? Good times."

Hatbox Ghostbuster

If we think about when this land was being developed, it is EXTREMELY unlikely that any major plot details from Ep 9 were even available to WDI. Any subtle details would be just that. Kind of like how there are apparently subtle details that refer to Avatar 2, 3, and 4 in Pandora. None of us know what any of these references are and it will only become apparent after the films are released.

It's not as though the ride will start out with, "Remember that time when Rey died? Good times."
Furthermore, I can't conceive of them making the land so specific that if you haven't seen one of the films, you'd have a lousy time.

Wendy Pleakley

The script for Episode 9 is being re-written. It wasn't finished when Star Wars Land was started, it may not have even been started.

If the land borrows from any films I would guess it would be Episode 8.

Based on that it seems unlikely this would delay the land opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom