Any zootopia meet and greets?

Heffalump333

Yeah, I saw them dancing with people at the move it shake it celebrate it parade at the Magic Kingdom! If you want to dance with them or see then go to the right side in front of the castle. I hope that was helpful!:)

mikenatcity1

There's been no Zootopia merchandise at all, despite what CMs said. Not a single t-shirt, toy, or plush was available when I was there a few months back. It's completely bizarre.

It's almost like Disney predicted Moana to be the next Frozen and figured Zootopia would be a modest hit...but got it wrong. The Zootopia toys are still selling at stores near me while Moana has headed for the clearance rack. I wish there were opportunities to purchase little things and meet the characters regularly :)

J_Carioca

Disney's whole handling of Zootopia's popularity has been surprising and disappointing. You go to a Disney store and it's Moana all over the place and no Zootopia anywhere, despite the fact Zootopia has (so far) been the much bigger box office hit. I'm guessing they either weren't expecting Zootopia's level of success, didn't know how to capitalize a movie like Zootopia vs. a princess movie like Moana, or (as you said) simply don't care to go after the older Zootopia audience the way they do with younger kids. All three are a shame though.

I'm not sure about them not being able to predict the success of Zootopia. There was TONS of publicity for the movie before it opened, on TV in the real world, and also in the parks. (I was there a year ago and they were giving out paper headbands of either fox or bunny ears - I kick myself for not getting one!) I think they thought it would be a hit, but maybe they didn't realize it would resonate more with adults than kids? I don't know. I do totally agree that with a movie like Moana, they don't even have to think about the merchandise, just hit the "princess" button in the toy factory. I really miss the non-gendered toys of my youth, which were, essentially, animal characters.

Disney Maddux

I've been told that at Rafikis Planet Watch, Judy and Nick will come out at random for meet-n-greets (kind of like how at DHS, characters sometimes come out at random). Heading over to DAK to test this for myself.

slappy magoo

Judy and Nick were meetable during the 2016/2017 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party but that's about it.
I remember my wife seeing the during the MVMCP in Tomorrowland and feeling like the kids would really really want a pic of them and their autographs. The line wound up being an hour of our 5 hour party (so for the 4 of us it was like an $80 wait), even the kids questioned waiting that long after a while and by the time they got their pic, not only did the fireworks begin (which we missed) but they weren't even signing autographs, they had them "pre-printed" on cards their CM friends were handing out.

We're going to the NSSHP this year and the family vote is unanimous - no waiting in line for meet and greets. I'm sure there will be a character who will put that resolve to the test.

NickWilde

I don’t think so, unfortunately. Which is a shame, because it’s such a good film,
which Disney fails to capitalize on. (And as you can tell, I’m a huge fan.)

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

I think they’re also brought out randomly at DAK, but I’m not sure. It’s only a rumor for now.
I don't know what's up with that. One cast member tells me that it happens at Planet Watch, I head over there and I'm told they don't come out over there but might come out at the front, then when I head to the front, one cast member tells me Judy and Nick don't come out for random meet-n-greets, and another one tells me they do.

So... I honestly have no idea.

Disney Maddux

It's honestly pretty frustrating since literally every single other Disney park around the globe has a meet-n-greet for Judy and Nick, while WDW only gets them in the parade (plus no merchandise).

I wonder if there's a reason for it... (Maybe cause they're waiting until they have a Zootopia area finished, please????)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom