Any word on the Mexico Tequila Bar?

fyn

Original Poster
Is this project official, or officially still a rumor? If the former, anyone know when its scheduled to happen?

WDWRLD

I can see it now.....instead of beers around the world it will now be shots around the world.....WooHoo

marinoalulema

Account Suspended
less alcohol not more

i might be in the minority but i truly think there should be less alcohol in the parks, not more

have had way too many bad experiences with drunks late at night while watching the epcot fireworks, vacation time and disney in general stress people out way too much which they try to alleviate with drinking, and some (not all) drink way too much and lose control of their actions

we've all seen it and experienced it too many times in disney, don't deny it

the grandfather on the bus going back with the grand kids so drunk he keeps passing out during the ride, kids embarassed beyond words

it gets dark in epcot prior and during the fireworks, have had drunks spill drinks on kids in strollers while stumbling around

even had one spill and entire beer on my boyfriend in his wheelchair once, we were parked watching the fireworks and along he comes tripping on his own feet and walked directly into the parked wheelchair - even had the nerve to start a fight with us for running into him and wasting his drink

Walt wanted a family friendly park where children and adults who are kids at heart could enjoy a special time together, I do not think that when he planned the original parks in the 50s he could possible forsee the excessive alcohol abuse that goes on in today's overstressed world

I do not think he would approve, and in your heart, you know I am right.

Put down the liquor and remember, kids are watching your actions. Yours, mine, and thousands of others. Start making a good impression instead of a drunken one.

PhilharMagician

I can see it now.....instead of beers around the world it will now be shots around the world.....WooHoo

Shots around the world? Thats going to hurt or should I say hurl.:hurl:

This is from the press release posted here under Epcot news on September 22 07'.

By summer 2008, a new tequila bar opens adjacent to San Angel Inn Restaurante in the Mexico pavilion, and the outdoor Cantina de San Angel expands, with more seating and a new menu.

I hope it is open by F&W. Me likey tequila.

Has anything started on the Cantina expansion??

cinderellafan6

I for one am very happy about the new tequilla bar and can't wait for it to open. Magic Kingdom is the place where adults should bring there kids if they dont want to be around alcohol. It is everywhere around the world so its not like there not going to see it and know what it is. If they didn't serve alcohol anywhere on Disney property then noone would go!! Plus that is a big part of where Disney gets their money flow..:p:wave:

PhilharMagician

i might be in the minority but i truly think there should be less alcohol in the parks, not more

have had way too many bad experiences with drunks late at night while watching the epcot fireworks, vacation time and disney in general stress people out way too much which they try to alleviate with drinking, and some (not all) drink way too much and lose control of their actions

the grandfather on the bus going back with the grand kids so drunk he keeps passing out during the ride, kids embarrassed beyond words

it gets dark in epcot prior and during the fireworks, have had drunks spill drinks on kids in strollers while stumbling around

even had one spill and entire beer on my boyfriend in his wheelchair once, we were parked watching the fireworks and along he comes tripping on his own feet and walked directly into the parked wheelchair - even had the nerve to start a fight with us for running into him and wasting his drink

Walt wanted a family friendly park where children and adults who are kids at heart could enjoy a special time together, I do not think that when he planned the original parks in the 50s he could possible forsee the excessive alcohol abuse that goes on in today's overstressed world

Put down the liquor and remember, kids are watching your actions. Yours, mine, and thousands of others. Start making a good impression instead of a drunken one.

Nobody wants theme parks full of drunks, but it to be a place for adults and children to enjoy. If an adult want to relax and enjoy a alcoholic beverage occasionally they should be able to.

I guess Walt was wrong when he would have a drink or 2 each night before going home or when he had Club 33 in Disneyland built so adults and business people had a place when they could sit down and have a few drinks.

It is the individuals responsibility to control themselves and if they get out of control they are removed from the parks immediately and sometimes permanently. Now as far as children seeing these drunks we do not need to hide the real facts from our children we need to teach them right from wrong.

Disneykidder

I am not a large tequila fan...been there done that kinda thing...ick. I do, however, loooove Mexican food so more of that is fine by me!!:)

urbanvegan

the grandfather on the bus going back with the grand kids so drunk he keeps passing out during the ride, kids embarassed beyond words

Let's be honest - if someone is getting that wasted at the park, they have a serious problem with alcohol. Someone like that is going to drink to excess no matter what, and I don't really think it would matter that it is a high-end tequila bar that showcases some actual Mexican culture via a traditional spirit would matter. Those individuals will likely get drunk in any situation, so I don't really think the fact that there will be an additional retail outlet will make a big impact. I think what it could offer (in terms of what I hope will be a recreational learning experience on par with a wine tasting) is quite interesting.

It's really just a matter of people accepting personal responsibility.

But I for one look forward to a good quality Margarita that is as far away from one of those neon-coloured slurpees as I can get! :sohappy:

Just my opinion.

WDWRLD

I dont think there should be people walking around plastered either. I personally have never occasion to see anyone out of the way from drinking. I have seen people walking around at night with stacks of cups but they were minding there own and were not loud. There should be a limit, weather it being that the bartenders should cut someone off earlier than one would in a actull bar. I do like a drink or two but thats about it. As far as Walt Disney and alcohol in the "family" park, club 33 in Disneyland did serve drinks. I know Walt never saw it open but he did have a hand in the design and planning.

Slowjack

I for one am very happy about the new tequilla bar and can't wait for it to open. Magic Kingdom is the place where adults should bring there kids if they dont want to be around alcohol. It is everywhere around the world so its not like there not going to see it and know what it is.
So is graffiti, but I wouldn't want to see that at WDW.

Just sayin'.

palmage

Where are all these drunks:veryconfu
I don't think I've ever encountered a sloppy drunk, ever.

SpectroMan

Wow. All I can say is wow. I guess you have never made a mistake like getting a little drunk. Some people just take longer to learn that kind of mistake. I always stick to the idea of moderation. A beer here, a glass of wine there is not bad, and Disney offers this to its guests.

Do you truly think that alcohol abuse is an invention of this generation? Alcohol abuse has been around forever, and I believe that today is better off in this respect than earlier decades. Also, people were as overstressed as they were back then, even if it is a different kind of stress.

I do agree that drunkeness is not something that should be taken lightly, but why ruin everyone else's enjoyment for some drunkards. Epcot is amazing because it is a sampling of world cultures where alcohol is a major part. When you think of France, you think of the Eiffel tower, and the wine and cheese. When you think of Germany, you think of Beer. Epcot would fail in its mission if it would not have alcohol.

You must be a drunk magnet. Because out of the many times I have visited the parks, and I do mean many, I have only had one or two occurances of knowing that a person was even a little tipsy.

So in conclusion, get off your high horse. Enjoy life. Chuckle at a spilt drink, and life will be much better.

WDWRLD

Now that I think about it I have seen more people walking to EP at night from the boardwalk that appeared to be intoxicated than anywhere else on property. They are usually well dressed to be going to the park so that tells me they are coming from a convertion or something. Ive also seen people coming out of the closed off areas of the park from illuminations that appeared to be just a little to happy so I dont think that the general park visitors are that affected by them adding a few more drink opions here and there.

Disneykidder

The only times I have seen drunks at WDW was at PI, and they weren't that bad. I have never seen anyone get so drunk enough for me to really notice.

As long as everyone has a drink and is responsible, then by all means enjoy.

P.S. Mudslides are great at POR.:slurp:

coasterphil

I don't even bother going to EPCOT on Friday or Saturday nights anymore because of the crowds back in WS. Last time I was there on one of those evenings, I saw 2 people puking in the UK and 1 in Germany. The best part was that the guys in the UK were in a bigger group where one of their friends was shouting "You f-in lightweights" as they had their heads buried in the trash cans. What a wonderful family experience.

marinoalulema

Account Suspended
drinking

a drunk magnet? thanks for the compliment

i have tried to bring up this subject once before and was blasted by people because i had the nerve to critique disney policy and their sacred right to drink

people have the right to compliment or complain about disney on this site, remember that, and yes you have the right to answer back but not in a demeaning or insulting way, bullying people will not be tolerated, the site monitor will be notified and you may lose all priveleges to this site, remember that when responding back to anyone

perhaps everyone has been too busy watching the fireworks and were not very observant on what was going on around them? we do not drink, even a glass of wine with dinner all due to medications

boyfriend has had 3 back operations and cannot walk for over an hour and is in constant need of a wheelchair

this makes us more sensitive to our surroundings, since i am the driver, i need to be on the constant look out not to run over kids or other people's feet

also growing up in a police family, i was taught to always keep an eye out especially at night or in dimly light surroundings

i know what i am talking about, and once again, have had more than one bad experience with drunks in epcot during the fireworks

marinoalulema

Account Suspended
drinking

Oh Yeah, An By The Way

The Three Private Messages That I Got, You Will Be Reported To The Monitor Of The Website

Apparently If You Need A Drink Or Four To Have A Good Time At Disney World, You Need To Re-evaluate Your Life

You Should Not Need To Be Tipsy, Drunk, Or Wasted To Enjoy Your Time In Disneyworld

Vulgarity And Insulting Someone On This Website Will Not Be And Should Not Be Tolerated By Anyone

DarkImage4

So in conclusion, get off your high horse. Enjoy life. Chuckle at a spilt drink, and life will be much better.

I am not a drinker, but I respect a person's right to knock back a few, until it gets out of hand and ruins things for everyone around them. Preaching moderation is great, unfortunately, some people have no understanding of that word...or just no self control. And I also have been to WDW numerous times, seen quite a number of people who couldn't walk a straight line if their life depended on it. No, I'm not a drunk magnet either, but standing on the railing relaxing after RoE watching the crowds leave, there are ALOT of people who have gone too far.

BTW, if someone walked into my wife (in w wheelchair or not), spilled their whole drink on her and then had the nerve to argue with us about us wasting their drink...I'm not going to chuckle. In fact, I would use all of my self-control to allow the drunk in question to continue breathing.

There are things that you let slide with a laugh, not that situation..no sir. And I don't ride horses...thank you very much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom